Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

Pathetic, stupid Euro creatures.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Lalo Alcaraz

Steve Breen

Tim Campbell

Jeff Danziger

Matt Davies

John Deering

Al Goodwyn

Bob Gorrell

Phil Hands

Clay Jones

KAL

Steve Kelley

Kevin Necessary

Marty Two Bulls

Pedro X. Molina

Jack Ohman

Henry Payne

Drew Sheneman

Jeff Stahler

Dana Summers

Matt Wuerker

Tony Branco

quote:

North Is Still North: Clarence is a strong warrior against the domestic enemies of the U.S. and its constitution.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Kellies nomination: Worst Roe cartoon

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

If the borders are open, couldn't people just cross it normally without hiding in trucks?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Take away the "open borders" label and hell, it's just true, American immigration policy kills migrants

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica
Some fresh vintages; always fun to see 40 year old toons still ring true

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Clarence Thomas is driving the US constitution towards Government Tyranny. A good cartoon.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Kellies Nomination: Most Easily Reinterpreted, because, well,

hooman posted:

Clarence Thomas is driving the US constitution towards Government Tyranny. A good cartoon.

Like all Branco had to do was draw Thomas shooting a donkey labeled "government tyranny" but nope.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Aside from the stupidity with the sign that was already pointed out, it's quite :psyduck: to pick a literal loving tank as symbolism for "a branch of the civil government doing its job well" (as far as Branco is concerned). Tanks are like the symbol for forceful government overreach.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I mean... yeah? Until the Catholic Church went all in on life beginning at conception in 1869, then a bunch of progressives got all dewy-eyed about the sanctity of life to appeal to Catholic migrant populations, then Comstock went full-on crazy on his anti-vice crusade nobody much cared.

If you went back to the 1770s and started ranting about it they'd look at you like you suggested putting bloodletting and kidney stones in a letter of grievances to the British Crown. Go see your barber or surgeon about that.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Anything Different Would Be Crazy

Ted Rall posted:

A two-party political system isn’t a democracy. It’s a flail machine. Voters keep voting against the party in charge in order to send a message. Eventually, they keep voting for the party that they were trying to send a message against.

First Dog on the Moon: There are 50 trillion bees on earth - but if the varroa mite gets loose it's going to be terrible news

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Guavanaut posted:

army gay. now!

I'm just gonna ignore the rest of this page for my mental health.
:patriot:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on trustees of Captain Sir Tom Moore foundation facing inquiry – Watchdogs have launched formal investigation into concerns late fundraiser’s daughter and her husband profited by trademarking ‘Captain Tom’ brand"

Telegraph:

Boris Johnson vows to raise UK’s defence budget to 2.5pc of GDP by 2030

Matt:

Household incomes suffer longest fall on record – and worse is to come

Times:

Postcard from Hong Kong: ‘On the 25th anniversary of the handover, the city’s future is uncertain’

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Perestroika posted:

Aside from the stupidity with the sign that was already pointed out, it's quite :psyduck: to pick a literal loving tank as symbolism for "a branch of the civil government doing its job well" (as far as Branco is concerned). Tanks are like the symbol for forceful government overreach.

Someone please edit the Tiananmen tank column photo so the tanks are labelled as US Constitution and Clarence Thomas while the protester is labelled government tyranny, tia

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

What will the Korner Kelly say?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

By popular demand posted:

What will the Korner Kelly say?

Korner Kelly will be saluting and saying "Tank you for your service"

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

They've seen so many drawings of Putin in a tank that the tank just symbolizes "strong daddy", which is uhh something you're supposed to like

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

lolllll :five:

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Discendo Vox posted:

Nomination: most easily reinterpreted
I seriously need to make another AGC compilation, jfc.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

China Daily

Whistling Hypocrisy by Song Chen

Charlie Hebdo

The Blue Flag: A rendezvous with a cocktail for warming disaster

Waiter: Eat local: "Voila 100 grams of mussels"
Couple: Reconnect your body to nature
2nd couple: Remake yourself without surgery
Pregnant woman: Have only one child per pregnancy
Snorter: Go off!

Ok so this seems to be about Blue Flag, a NGO that ranks how sustainably tourist beaches are and if they pass they get this label. The article seems to suggest it's pretty much a scam and that those beaches are just as toxic and environmentally dangerous as any other. Hence, the mutated giant mussel, the thermal baths are just poisonous, the cancerous tumors that can come from swimming in contaminated waters, the mutations that may occur in fetuses, and the wholesale misuse of marine life.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Kellies nomination: best edit/parody

That's amazing.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Brawnfire posted:

Take away the "open borders" label and hell, it's just true, American immigration policy kills migrants

The dumbest thing I think I've seen so far is some copaganda where they brag about how smart they are for identifying SUPER obvious rabbits -- Rental cars with too many people in them all wearing camouflage. Meanwhile in the videos you watch semis go by, and I was telling my wife "Those are probably the ACTUAL migrants, while these idiots are patting themselves on the back for getting played."

Yup.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Was Scott Adams ever not insufferable? I can't remember him ever making a point better than 'corporations are bad and stupid'

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Was Scott Adams ever not insufferable? I can't remember him ever making a point better than 'corporations are bad and stupid'

Like 30 years ago maybe.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Not only are we meant to sympathise with the idiot boss now, we're meant to sympathise with someone making that silly face in the last panel. What even is that. That's the face someone makes in a bad webcomic when the author insert calls them a dumb baby as the punchline. What are you doing scott.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Like 30 years ago maybe.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Like 30 years ago maybe.

I've talked about this a few times, maybe even in this thread? But no. Scott believes he The Secreted himself to not have cancer, he thinks we'll disprove evolution by disproving linear time, and do I really have to mention the doubling-size gravity theory?

Scott Adams was someone who was engineer-adjacent in the '90s and could install Windows 95 by himself so he thinks that makes him the smartest person in any room he's ever walked into.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Scott is like Elon Musk but without even the cool rocket science.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Scott is like Elon Musk but without even the cool rocket science.

Elon can at least do front end programming.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

My dad loves Scott Adams and got into cryptocurrency after buying his Trump worship books

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

That sentence had like three :sever: points

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Neito posted:

I've talked about this a few times, maybe even in this thread? But no. Scott believes he The Secreted himself to not have cancer, he thinks we'll disprove evolution by disproving linear time, and do I really have to mention the doubling-size gravity theory?

Scott Adams was someone who was engineer-adjacent in the '90s and could install Windows 95 by himself so he thinks that makes him the smartest person in any room he's ever walked into.

Thirty years ago is 1992 when he was just starting out as a cartoonist, more or less. The cancer stuff happened over a decade after that.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

my headcanon has the "peak Dilbert" era as the time when the Dilbert animated series was on the air (99-2000). I looked up the wikipedia page to confirm when that was, and saw this spicy tidbit:

quote:

On June 28, 2020, Adams claimed on Twitter that the show was cancelled because he was white and UPN had decided to focus on an African-American audience, and that he had been "discriminated against".[10]

bartok
May 10, 2006

I assumed Dilbert was funny back in the 90's but I was too young to understand it. My logic at the time was I thought they only gave the good comic strips book collections like Calvin & Hobbes, Garfield, and The Far Side.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

bartok posted:

I assumed Dilbert was funny back in the 90's but I was too young to understand it. My logic at the time was I thought they only gave the good comic strips book collections like Calvin & Hobbes, Garfield, and The Far Side.

He was still vaguely normal throughout most of the 90s but started to go off the rails by around 2000.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Wrex Ruckus posted:

my headcanon has the "peak Dilbert" era as the time when the Dilbert animated series was on the air (99-2000). I looked up the wikipedia page to confirm when that was, and saw this spicy tidbit:

Hah, that's not what he was claiming at the time. He gave a much more frank and frankly humble statement then that the show was up against Buffy and good loving luck with that. It was an okay show but it peaked around a mediocre Futurama or Simpsons level, of course it ate poo poo like 90% of primetime animation did in the US.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Wrex Ruckus posted:

also to wrap this back around to the comic strip, the animated series ends with a two-parter in which dilbert gets pregnant that's played mostly sympathetically. somehow adams or whoever was actually writing the show got this right 20 years ago and has regressed into a whiny pissbaby since then