Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

RIP Paul Walker posted:

Have people everywhere always been this inconsiderate or is it a new thing? I remember living in England as a kid and the adults were all about being considerate and thoughtful and blah blah blah.

Dodge doesn't sell the Ram in any European locale, it's usually a US troop that games import rules to bring theirs over. The photos show a V plate which is a commercial registration in NL to avoid taxes on registration and ownership. They are a scourge near Aviano for instance but move 20km over and nobody has anything bigger than a x5/q5/touareg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

SlowBloke posted:

Dodge doesn't sell the Ram in any European locale, it's usually a US troop that games import rules to bring theirs over. The photos show a V plate which is a commercial registration in NL to avoid taxes on registration and ownership. They are a scourge near Aviano for instance but move 20km over and nobody has anything bigger than a x5/q5/touareg.

Winning hearts and minds. The gently caress is wrong with these brodozer dingleberries?

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

Normal tradesmen and other commercial drivers with their Transits and Sprinters usually manage to properly park their vehicles, which are at least as large as that stupid truck. So it is not like driving large vehicles is impossible in Europe. It just takes a special kind of dickhead to do that.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Just imagine parking there, getting out, looking at it, and moving in. Incredible move.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

bad_fmr posted:

Normal tradesmen and other commercial drivers with their Transits and Sprinters usually manage to properly park their vehicles, which are at least as large as that stupid truck. So it is not like driving large vehicles is impossible in Europe. It just takes a special kind of dickhead to do that.

Just a side note, there are multiple sizes of Transits, Sprinters and so on in Europe. The biggest sizes move very few monthly units(they are mostly used as basis for campers), the standard size which moves decent units numbers is far smaller than that truck depicted in those photos/videos.

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

Yeah there are different sizes for sure. In where I live, the standard length of a large van is 6 metres, and the longer ones are up to 6,8 metres. As far as I know from a quick google search, the length of a RAM (im assuming 1500) is 5,9 metres.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

bad_fmr posted:

Yeah there are different sizes for sure. In where I live, the standard length of a large van is 6 metres, and the longer ones are up to 6,8 metres. As far as I know from a quick google search, the length of a RAM (im assuming 1500) is 5,9 metres.

I think I have never seen a full size transit (L4-6,7m) in my whole life, only the L2(5,5) or L3(5,9). Same with Ducato (RAM ProMaster), Only the 5-5,5M models.

In other small penis size tidbits -> https://www.voertuig-zoeker.nl/bedrijfsauto/dodge/ram/1500/VHG-01-R/ that fucker converted it to lpg, so not only he cannot park for poo poo, he is also a cheap skate.

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

Yeah in my experience the L4 Transits are rare, they usually are L3 (6m) but I've seen plenty of 7m long L3 Sprinters (and VW Crafters since they used to share platform). The 6m L2 is more common of course. With Sprinters the L4 is even longer than that, but like you said it is usually only used for campers.

But these preferences are likely very regional. Im only speaking from my perspective. And anyway you should park your car properly no matter how big it is.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

SlowBloke posted:

Dodge doesn't sell the Ram in any European locale

Not directly but it's still possible to buy one (if you for some reason want to) from one of their official distributors.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, they were available for direct order in Sweden up until 2015 when FCA shut down Dodge in Europe, and Klintberg & Way (a Swedish company) is one of 3 RAM brand distributors authorised by FCA and operating in Europe. There are 6700 RAM 1500s registered in Sweden right now, as a comparison there are 5100 Porsche Cayennes.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

What.... in the gently caress is this person trying to do? Obviously they're doing a poo poo job of it, but I can't for the life of me figure out what is even the attempt here.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Yeah, they were available for direct order in Sweden up until 2015 when FCA shut down Dodge in Europe, and Klintberg & Way (a Swedish company) is one of 3 RAM brand distributors authorised by FCA and operating in Europe. There are 6700 RAM 1500s registered in Sweden right now, as a comparison there are 5100 Porsche Cayennes.

Would those heavily slant toward people living in the, uh, more remote areas of the country, or is it rich idiots in the cities?

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

PT6A posted:

Would those heavily slant toward people living in the, uh, more remote areas of the country, or is it rich idiots in the cities?

In Finland, it's mostly CEOs of construction companies. Never used for hauling stuff, that's for white vans here.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer

PT6A posted:

The latter, mostly. Also, that number is just RAM 1500s, in other words counting from 2010 when RAM become its own brand. Counting older Dodge Rams adds another 1900.

EDIT: Those numbers seem to contain 2500 and 3500s as well btw. I've seen a couple of 3500s, but the 1500s are by far the most common.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

I spent a couple of summers hanging out around Gothenberg and remember seeing a lot of American cars, mostly older stuff but some trucks as well and was told they are popular projects and toys for people.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I have no idea whatsoever where the claim comes from or how true it is, but I've definitely heard that Sweden has more restored American 1950s cars than the United States itself has today.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Ever see someone doing something so loving stupid that even though it has no impact on you at all you still want to stop and honk at their dumb rear end?

This person who left this parking lot to make a left turn and sat there blocking an entire lane of traffic to sit there waiting for an opening in traffic so he can make an illegal left when he could have just, you know, left the parking lot via another exit was today's.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Nidhg00670000 posted:

I have no idea whatsoever where the claim comes from or how true it is, but I've definitely heard that Sweden has more restored American 1950s cars than the United States itself has today.
Not a chance

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

PT6A posted:

What.... in the gently caress is this person trying to do? Obviously they're doing a poo poo job of it, but I can't for the life of me figure out what is even the attempt here.

Some people don't seem to understand how to operate a car yet they still somehow have a license. What this driver doesn't seem to realise that an obstacle, particularly a wall doesn't just disappear if you continue hitting it with your shitbox.

Also :lol:

https://twitter.com/BMWUSA/status/1541798906341822465?s=20&t=ABcAQfdpEahJcLv4WFxdlQ

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Sounds like one big RAM Ranch.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
There are definitely way more giant American trucks here than you'd expect when gas is $8/gal and people make 1/3rd of American incomes. And you have to jump through hoops to buy one and parking is a nightmare.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Several times while walking around neighborhoods I've seen trucks parked on driveways that are so long the truck completely blocks the sidewalk. I've also seen trucks lifted so high the top of the cab doesn't fit in the garage so they back the bed in and leave the rest hanging out.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

carry on then posted:

Several times while walking around neighborhoods I've seen trucks parked on driveways that are so long the truck completely blocks the sidewalk. I've also seen trucks lifted so high the top of the cab doesn't fit in the garage so they back the bed in and leave the rest hanging out.

I get the exciting variation on this where they back in until the rear wheels touch and the bed blocks the entire loving sidewalk.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Midjack posted:

I get the exciting variation on this where they back in until the rear wheels touch and the bed blocks the entire loving sidewalk.

ive done this accidentally when i had my impala, due to its prodigious trunk, lol

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Midjack posted:

My dad does this with his giant loving truck. Nah dad, you ain't cool because you backed your truck into a spot and covered the sidewalk :argh:

bigman.50grand
Mar 31, 2007
no
House hunting last summer I watched a guy park his murdered out mall crawler in the driveway of a property and hurriedly run inside. Just as soon as he disappeared, the garage door opens and our hero reappears, tape measure in hand. He had 0 interest in the inside of the home. He just needed to see if his brodozer could fit in the garage.

Mind you, houses were going within 24 hours of listing in my city at this point. I imagine this dude drove all over town trying to find the single home that could house the entirety of his manhood. Not a care in the world for the house itself.

I hope this guy found his forever garage, but between housing costs and gas prices this dude probably ended up living in that abortion of a pickup.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

My non lifted, completely stock, non off road package 2021 Sierra does not fit in a garage made in 2021. So good luck to that guy.

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

bigman.50grand posted:

I hope this guy found his forever garage, but between housing costs and gas prices this dude probably ended up living in that abortion of a pickup.

The judgements of the lord are true and righteous altogether.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

BigPaddy posted:

My non lifted, completely stock, non off road package 2021 Sierra does not fit in a garage made in 2021. So good luck to that guy.

My stock 21 Supercrew short bed F-150 just fits in my 1985 garage mostly thanks to the extra space for laundry. But I can't open my dryer door when it's parked in there.

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice
I couldn't find the original from the first time I saw this a few years ago...

The houses I'm looking at, it's a bonus if they come with a garage worth a drat and I've got in mind buying something I can either expand from the house with an extra section wide or deep.. Or with enough area on the property to put up a steel barn.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
The first thing I do when I get in the passenger seat in any car is adjust it so that I sit comfortably and if anyone gets in behind me, we both get an equal amount of legroom.

Other people for some reason absolutely will not adjust their seat, and are a willing victim to whatever position the seat happens to be in. I'll be saying to them that you do know I bought this car with extra comfy and adjustable seats so that you can sit good, and they will be visibly contorted saying that everything is fine.

I've had my car for almost ten years, and the passenger side of the interior is worse than the drivers side from people dragging themselves over the seat bolsters and door frame moldings getting in and out of their torture cell :(

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Imho it is a very important skill to be able to sit in most any seat.

Airline seats are adjustable too but no reason to even gently caress with those.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

Imho it is a very important skill to be able to sit in most any seat.

Airline seats are adjustable too but no reason to even gently caress with those.

"Adjustable" is doing a hell of a lot of work in that sentence.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

evobatman posted:

The first thing I do when I get in the passenger seat in any car is adjust it so that I sit comfortably and if anyone gets in behind me, we both get an equal amount of legroom.

Other people for some reason absolutely will not adjust their seat, and are a willing victim to whatever position the seat happens to be in. I'll be saying to them that you do know I bought this car with extra comfy and adjustable seats so that you can sit good, and they will be visibly contorted saying that everything is fine.

I've had my car for almost ten years, and the passenger side of the interior is worse than the drivers side from people dragging themselves over the seat bolsters and door frame moldings getting in and out of their torture cell :(

"oh no it's fine"
drat it, it's ok to fuss with it, IT'S THERE TO BE FUSSED WITH*

*unless it's a Tesla, whose electric seat adjustment buttons have an adjustment time cap per hour, you can only do about 90seconds worth of adjustments before you're locked out for an hour or something, since they used inferior seat adjustment motors compared to any other decent car manufacturer.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

BigPaddy posted:

Yet my 2015 Sierra fits in my 1978 garage. I'm concept at least. I'd have to clean it and rearrange it a bit so I could easily get in and out.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

It would fit in length wise but the garage door isn’t tall enough. It could have been built 6” higher and it would be ok. Not an issue really since the garage is full of project cars.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

BigPaddy posted:

It would fit in length wise but the garage door isn’t tall enough. It could have been built 6” higher and it would be ok. Not an issue really since the garage is full of project cars.

Yeah I think the trucks got taller didn't they? Whenever I pull up to a new one I'm looking up. The bed rails especially are a lot taller.

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

StormDrain posted:

Yeah I think the trucks got taller didn't they? Whenever I pull up to a new one I'm looking up. The bed rails especially are a lot taller.

Yeah, they are taller. As a 6'2" auto tech, I used to be able to easily reach into the engine bay of any unmodified truck. Not anymore. New trucks are oversized clown cars built for the insecure.

I don't blame the manufacturers for that, I blame the customers.

Flint Ironstag fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jul 2, 2022

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Flint Ironstag posted:

Yeah, they are taller. As a 6'2" auto tech, I used to be able to easily reach into the engine bay of any unmodified truck. Not anymore. New trucks are oversized clown cars built for the insecure.

I don't blame the manufacturers for that, I blame the customers.

And the interesting thing is that this is usually quite bad for most things you'd actually want to use a truck for, I guess towing excluded because it doesn't really matter. If you want to use the bed, chances are you'd like it to be low enough to use without a ladder.

For most things where a pickup truck is specifically useful, a more accessible bed is actually very handy. But, of course, most people buying trucks do not need a truck; this is just one further piece of evidence to support that obvious, inescapable conclusion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Unless I'm on the inside curve pointing straight at oncoming traffic the high beams stay on and I laugh at your puny protest flashes.
I am Most Important Man. Most Important Man in the World.

PT6A posted:

And the interesting thing is that this is usually quite bad for most things you'd actually want to use a truck for, I guess towing excluded because it doesn't really matter. If you want to use the bed, chances are you'd like it to be low enough to use without a ladder.

Is the average trailer designed for modern truck heights, or do those trucks have hitches that drop the attachment to standard height? Trailer riding nose up and all the weight on the back axel probably isn't working as intended.