Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Filthy Haiku posted:

Is there a summary or vod up? couldn't make it for health issues.

Stream's still going, and you can backtrack just fine. That'll also be the VoD when they're done.

For a summary you can check the FFXIV reddit Discord for the live translations, or check out the Nova Crystallis tweet thread:
https://twitter.com/Nova_Crystallis/status/1542817951023333378

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

I wonder what the hell the intended way to use 6.1 portraits was supposed to be. If you actually tried to use them in PVP they broke literally any time you changed gear or glamour. The only time they just stayed put is when you slapped one onto the adventurer plate.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
They've got them fairly stable and usable now, after there's been a couple fixes (they're perfectly usable when assigned to different gearsets now, for example). They did say that the 6.1 release was a beta, and that things probably weren't going to be completely smooth.

The changes in 6.2 aren't actually changing that much, just making it more obvious what you're setting up. The biggest change is the ability to change the pose and/or camera without having to change the gear, which will be nice.

Onean fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Jul 1, 2022

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

This will be my first time having max leveled crafters for an even patch. Will the 610 crafted gear use the same, uh, limited materials (stuff like immutable solution or alchemical charcoal that can be purchased for scrips or tomestones, don't know if there's an actual term for that) as the 580 crafted gear, or will there be new ones? Basically I'm asking if I should be stocking up on the current stuff or if I should be capping scrips and tomes of astronomy (assuming they will be the currency for the new stuff and there will be a new capped tomestone)

FeatherFloat
Dec 31, 2003

Not kyuute
There's usually new materials to gather when there's a new tier of crafted gear, and new tome mats. I'd cap your assorted currencies and not worry about the old mats. Aethersands should still be relevant? But don't hold me to that.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Doubled glamour toilet size, fixed portraits, and Light Survival Game Island are all great.

Savage dungeons and not having to drop out of final phase savage prog because the tank's gear broke are also cool.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
Finally, a reason to dump excess gc deals on grade 8 dark matter that isn't purely selfish. Now everyone can have 190% durability!

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Veotax posted:

Yo, I like this.

It's an alternate page in the Actions menu that lays out combos, think this'll be great for setting up hotbars if it's done right.

Oh that's an outstanding upgrade.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Theris posted:

This will be my first time having max leveled crafters for an even patch. Will the 610 crafted gear use the same, uh, limited materials (stuff like immutable solution or alchemical charcoal that can be purchased for scrips or tomestones, don't know if there's an actual term for that) as the 580 crafted gear, or will there be new ones? Basically I'm asking if I should be stocking up on the current stuff or if I should be capping scrips and tomes of astronomy (assuming they will be the currency for the new stuff and there will be a new capped tomestone)
Looking back through patterns going back to at least Stormblood, there's very little materials crossover between tiers of crafted gear, and usually you have to gather newly introduced materials and buy new scrip/tomestone materials - however, every tier for the master recipes crafted sets all require one base ingredient in common for the expansion past x.0, because it's in all the recipes for at least one of the intermediate materials. In Stormblood, this was Gyr Abanian Alchemic (you needed it for e.g. Grade 3/4 Reisui of X), in Shadowbringers, this was Sublime Solution (you needed it for e.g. Grade 3/4 X Alkahest), and all signs point to Endwalker needing Immutable Solution up through 6.58.

So if nothing else, you should be safe to continue collecting Immutable Solution because chances are high that it'll be part of the recipes for Grade 7 X Alkahest which will be used in all the 6.2 combat gear recipes.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Let me cook food in dungeons then too! Full delicious in dungeon mode

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

DelphiAegis posted:

Finally, a reason to dump excess gc deals on grade 8 dark matter that isn't purely selfish. Now everyone can have 190% durability!

If you don't mind one extra step, buy Magicked Oilcloths, sell them, and then buy the grade 8s from a merchant instead. It's more efficient on a per-seal basis, especially since you can turn the Oilcloths in to the Doman Restoration box every week for some bonus cash.

derra
Dec 29, 2012
I find Wolf Marks to be a very efficient source of dark matter myself. Daily roulette has me drowning in them.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Apparently the bullet point of Dragoon and Astrologian changes being delayed was prompted by negative feedback to Kaiten being removed.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I'm just confused with them leading with 'we're delaying the ast/drg overhauls' and not with 'we're planning on overhauling ast/drg'.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

SettingSun posted:

I'm just confused with them leading with 'we're delaying the ast/drg overhauls' and not with 'we're planning on overhauling ast/drg'.

They announced the overhauls last PLL.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I definitely missed that memo!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Hogama posted:

Apparently the bullet point of Dragoon and Astrologian changes being delayed was prompted by negative feedback to Kaiten being removed.

are they bringing back kaiten

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Restoring Kaiten isn't off the table I think. They once brought back Energy Drain to Scholars after demand got big enough for it.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
I hope they don't because Kaiten sucked and I am glad it's gone. They do need to come up with something else to spend kenki on to replace it though.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I wonder what they were gonna ditch on DRG and AST if the feedback to Kaiten's removal changed their minds. I can't even think of any skills I'd scrap entirely on AST besides Undraw (obviously) and maybe Synastry.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I feel like they just need to change drawing and playing a minor arcana to 1 button.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Synastry is cool.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
They should never remove cool-looking moves even if they're useless or bad.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Having a single spender for a resource bar makes the resource bar nothing but a shiny cooldown timer.

Like even aside from whether Kaiten was the right button to cut if you're reducing button bloat, make iaijutsu consume kenki if available to do extra damage as part of the skill.

Corbeau fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jul 1, 2022

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

quote:

Glamour dresser getting expanded to 800 slots

LETS loving GOOOOOO

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Corbeau posted:

Having a single spender for a resource bar makes the resource bar nothing but a shiny cooldown timer.

Counterpoint: Addersting (Sage), because you want to avoid refilling the resource in combat, unless the boss goes untargetable.
So it's more "you get 3 uses for the whole fight, choose wisely"

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

A Moose posted:

I feel like they just need to change drawing and playing a minor arcana to 1 button.

This is such a no-brainer and they've already done it for a bunch of skills like Phantom Kamaitachi and Mirage Dive. Surely 6.2 will be the patch where it finally happens.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Guess I got alot of cutscene skipping ahead of me for relic.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

I've been putting this off for months, because it's the last piece of major story content I have left (I think) and I didn't want to rush through it. But if it needs to be done by August, then it's finally time.

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank
I expect that for AST they might want, well,

A Moose posted:

to change drawing and playing a minor arcana to 1 button.
Some changes to card randomness seem likely as well, since that's a pretty constant source of friction even with the much reduced value of getting a full 3-card combo.

DRG is less clear, but the Jump's abilities to murder you by flashing you into death zones are a constant annoyance. Especially for bosses that stand in a death zone, which makes any Jump instantly kill the Dragoon. I also think some of the ogcd "combo" stuff around Jump > Mirage Dive + Geirskogul > Nastrond > Stardiver might get changed, since the current flow with multiple modals and sorta-interleaved cooldowns isn't exactly great.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Valentin posted:

I've been putting this off for months, because it's the last piece of major story content I have left (I think) and I didn't want to rush through it. But if it needs to be done by August, then it's finally time.

more likely october really, the relic is 6.25 stuff

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

The only thing I could think of to reduce card RNG while still keeping Astrodyne would be to do something like add a seal-drawing mechanic to Minor Arcana, since that skill effectively replaced Sleeve Draw. Maybe it would just add a missing seal directly to your set instead of giving you an arcanum to play? That's basically just a buff though, something would have to be nerfed to compensate.

Maybe they were just gonna toss EW Minor Arcana and bring back Sleeve Draw and ShB Minor Arcana.

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

Failboattootoot posted:

I hope they don't because Kaiten sucked and I am glad it's gone. They do need to come up with something else to spend kenki on to replace it though.

I didn't play SAM before the change but as far as I can tell Kaiten sounds like it was an "added complexity without added depth" kind of thing so it seemed like a pretty good candidate for removing a button if buttons need to be removed. However,

sassassin posted:

They should never remove cool-looking moves even if they're useless or bad.

is a very valid counterpoint.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It was just a brainless extra button to push, but it had a cool animation that fulfilled the samurai epic fantasy or whatever a little bit. It was probably a bit too big of an ask mid expansion, but they should have found a way to make it more interesting rather than delete it.

Anyway, I'm personally game for the rest of the expansion to be hijacked by hildibrand but I do feel a bit bad for people... not into that

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Guess I got alot of cutscene skipping ahead of me for relic.

Honestly if you're cutscene skipping you can probably get through Hilldibrand REALLY fast, cutscenes are basically all it is.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It was satisfying to hit and that's all that matters imo.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Theris posted:

I didn't play SAM before the change but as far as I can tell Kaiten sounds like it was a "complexity without depth" kind of thing so it seemed like a pretty good candidate for removing a button if buttons need to be removed. However,

You had to keep a mental note to not brainlessly mash Shinten/Kyuten so that you had enough meter for Kaiten when you used an Iaijutsu. Without Kaiten in the game the only thing you really spend the meter on regularly is Shinten/Kyuten since your other big meter spender lines up with a cooldown that gives you a ton of meter.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Yeah kaiten forced you to manage your kenki instead of just spend it when it's available.

Plus is felt REALLY cool to press

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

cutscene skippers should be disqualified from having glow on their relic weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

I like the current version because I enjoy how much more often I get to slam Shinten