Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

wa27 posted:

I don't know poo poo about Dark souls but I'm guessing Dall-e doesn't either.

Thanks for trying :hf:

The Majula ones are pretty good, it knows that there is a beach and some towers. But weird that Dalle-2 knows nothing about Dark Souls, when Dalle-mini knows about it.

e: from earlier in the thread

Siegward of Catarina enjoying the sunset

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Almost exactly what I envisioned. Glorious, thank you.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

axolotl farmer posted:

The Majula ones are pretty good, it knows that there is a beach and some towers. But weird that Dalle-2 knows nothing about Dark Souls, when Dalle-mini knows about it.

Apparently Dalle mini wasn't related at all to Dalle-2, and that's why they changed their name. Which, if that's the case, they should have sent a C&D months ago because everyone thinks it's related in some way.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Is there an equivalent thread for GPT3?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Trash Trick posted:

Is there an equivalent thread for GPT3?

A couple yeah. There's a general procgen in PYF and a specific GPT3 in GBs

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Those look delicious.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

"Sub-Zero eating a sub sandwich on a submarine"

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

wa27 posted:

"Sub-Zero eating a sub sandwich on a submarine"

wow

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Everyone knows this is a better prompt:

"Dub-Zero eating a dub sandwich on a dubmarine"

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Yoshi Jjang posted:

"an orca wearing board shorts, illustration"

Love the "thought" process here.

Orcas have a tail, but shorts have two holes, just make two tails per hole.

Orcas have one tail, so that goes on one of the short's holes. Just make up a leg for the other hole.

gently caress it, just add two legs for the leg holes!

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Wifi Toilet posted:

gently caress it, just add two legs for the leg holes!

this is dope

Blood Nose Day 46
Jun 2, 2022

by Pragmatica

TIP posted:

this is dope

Thats some av material. gently caress it, mods, male that my avatar. Tia.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
Okay, so the paladin needs to learn where you hold a sword and some need some cleanup, but drat. I guess I'll never want for fun custom portraits for the old Infinity Engine/Pillars of Eternity type games ever again. To get this look I wrote a bunch of short descriptions:
"A dwarven warrior with blonde hair and a big grin. He carries a holy warhammer."
Then all of them were followed by "Award winning oil painting by Thomas Cole. HD extremely detailed."

I found they turned out a bit better if I had them all carry a weapon or a magic staff or whatever, although it was more likely to cut off the top of their heads.

I tried to get glowing eyes or horns coming out of the forehead, but couldn't do it.

I also have to share my full set of gnomish thieves because they're AMAZING
"An old man with a handlebar mustache. He is wearing leather armor and aviator goggles. He is laughing. Award winning oil painting by Thomas Cole"
the last set added "He is carrying a crossbow."

Fintilgin fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jul 1, 2022

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

edging into robotnik turf on some of those

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer

TIP posted:

Chewbacca as a Dragonball Z character

Midjourney's better with anime apparently, behold the Chewbaccas.

Chewbacca's Bizarre Adventure - easily my favorite

Evangelion versions insist on being weird as poo poo, as is appropriate

get in the chewbacca, shinji

Chewbacca Wing Zero

Kakashi Chewbacca

Gotta catch all the Chewbaccas

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
The paladin holding the sword that way is actually pretty interesting. It adds a level of symbolism to it, reminds me of a tarot card.

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!
:spergin: Half-swording is a completely accurate thing from the late medieval period, one hand on the grip and the other halfway up the blade.

All those pictures own, being able to generate quick unique art for a tabletop gaming session is awesome.

I applied for DallE2 access but I'm not an artist or known in any way so I doubt I'll get in. Would someone be willing to generate a request for me? "Oil painting of a three-masted frigate under sail, the sun rising behind it and illuminating the sails"

Redonionking
Mar 13, 2001

I AM A BRILLIANT HAMOLOGIST
Grimey Drawer
https://replicate.com/laion-ai/erlich
+

=

Redonionking fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Jul 1, 2022

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
Foot Lettuce sounds intriguing. Does it taste like feet? Or look like feet? Smell like feet? Or are feet somehow involved in its preparation, like stomping on grapes to make wine?

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Kylaer posted:

:spergin: Half-swording is a completely accurate thing from the late medieval period, one hand on the grip and the other halfway up the blade.

All those pictures own, being able to generate quick unique art for a tabletop gaming session is awesome.

I applied for DallE2 access but I'm not an artist or known in any way so I doubt I'll get in. Would someone be willing to generate a request for me? "Oil painting of a three-masted frigate under sail, the sun rising behind it and illuminating the sails"

All of these ended up pretty good:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
it's a schooner!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

the XKCD guy has access and also did something with ships
https://twitter.com/xkcd/status/1532187680733134848

https://twitter.com/xkcd/status/1538350320300052480/photo/1

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

wa27 posted:

All of these ended up pretty good:

Thank you! It got the concept pretty well.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Someone with access to the good poo poo please enter 'a skeleton engulfed in flames playing a guitar solo to a sold out stadium, photo realistic'

e: tia

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Also, if anyone has access to Dall-E 2, could you try the prompt "Landfill filled with funko pop figurines, award winning photography by Edward Burtynsky"?

edit: Also you could try some AI prompts that neither midjourney nor dall-e mini nor disco diffusion has gotten yet: "a red panda with blue fur, wildlife photography" or "a blue apple cut in half"

double edit: Thanks!

ymgve fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jul 1, 2022

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Rev. Melchisedech Howler posted:

Someone with access to the good poo poo please enter 'a skeleton engulfed in flames playing a guitar solo to a sold out stadium, photo realistic'

e: tia

didn't really get the stadium part (or the photoreal part), but this one looks the best imo:

ymgve posted:

Also, if anyone has access to Dall-E 2, could you try the prompt "Landfill filled with funko pop figurines, award winning photography by Edward Burtynsky"?

These all turned out kind of same-y

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

from what I understand, 'photorealistic' is generally worse than calling it a photo, since everything labeled 'photorealistic' is non-photographic art.

anyway midjourney

Tunicate fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Jul 1, 2022

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Just a random thought - I wonder if you'd ever see Adobe license this technology and the results would be exported into separate layers in a .psd.

I don't want or think human artists are going away, but I could see AI-assisted stuff being serious business.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Does “award winning” actually affect the image? Does it add a level of tastefulness?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

External Organs posted:

Just a random thought - I wonder if you'd ever see Adobe license this technology and the results would be exported into separate layers in a .psd.

I don't want or think human artists are going away, but I could see AI-assisted stuff being serious business.

Adobe has been gradualky adding neural powered features to photoshop already, just in a more controlled way. I believe the new content aware fill is powered by that.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
^^^
The fill tool has been like that for years, yeah. There's now more stuff like automatic subject (and sky?) selection and so on as well.

Snowy posted:

Does “award winning” actually affect the image? Does it add a level of tastefulness?

I can't speak specifically to Dall-e 2 or these pictures, but in general yes it can. The models are trained on huge datasets that are tagged with stuff like that, so "award winning" would be more associated with stuff people like. Depends if it's from deviantart or fetlife or whatever of course.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Tunicate posted:

Adobe has been gradualky adding neural powered features to photoshop already, just in a more controlled way. I believe the new content aware fill is powered by that.

Oh interesting! I haven't messed around with Photoshop probably in 10-15 years, cool to learn.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

External Organs posted:

Wouldn't work without a complete retooling of how the AI creates images

Right now it's all a "package deal" - the AI generates the full picture all at once, there are no layers to separate

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

ymgve posted:

Right now it's all a "package deal" - the AI generates the full picture all at once, there are no layers to separate

Dall-E can directly manipulate results within an-already-generated image though, or even edit an image you upload yourself. Layers might not be unimportant anymore if the AI has the context for the alteration.

https://openai.com/dall-e-2/

Specifically the deal with the flamingo bit, you can do this right now with Dall-E proper.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Another thing that's funny to me is that Dall-e reminds me a lot of this notorious holodeck scene from star trek voyager (starts at 0:50). We all thought it was absurd but look at us now. Clowns, all of us!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

External Organs posted:

Another thing that's funny to me is that Dall-e reminds me a lot of this notorious holodeck scene from star trek voyager (starts at 0:50). We all thought it was absurd but look at us now. Clowns, all of us!

so the computer was just making up some random bullshit, and it happened to be right

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

ymgve posted:

:nono:

Load out of focus ladybug. Ask Dall-E to show a ladybug in focus. Get the same ladybug now in focus.

https://twitter.com/thenickdude1/status/1538033909081944065

Rutibex posted:

so the computer was just making up some random bullshit, and it happened to be right

you can consider it as bullshit that makes the most sense to include out of the billions of similar patterns out there.

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jul 1, 2022

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Rutibex posted:

We've been been closer to bladerunner_enhance.mov

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Jesus I hadn't messed with Dall-E's image manipulation thing before, this is the real power. I snapped a picture looking out to my back yard.

You can then use a paintbrush to erase a portion of the image, then Dall-E will attempt to put whatever it is you ask it to via text prompt into just that area. I chose a complex area with intersecting lines of the concrete and puddle since it rained earlier. Looked like this before generation:

Results:

"a perfectly smooth chrome sphere"

"a translucent cube made of acrylic"

"a pile of sandwiches"

The sphere one it attempted to keep the puddle, sort of, but just ignored the line in the concrete. For the cube one the internal reflections don't seem to match too much, but does a pretty good job reflecting a lot of what is supposed to be around it, while deciding that the straight angled line is now a curve. The pile of sandwiches is a bit too sunny imho, but it did add a bit of shadow that's too sharp vs. the surrounding area.

I then applied the paintbrush to the entire right side of the picture, then asked it to generate "photograph of a backyard after a light rain" and these are the results:

This is essentially the content-aware function in Photoshop but on the extreme end of wholly-building entire portions of the photo with text context. It isn't perfect of course, but for a single 10~ second blot of time and it gives you multiple results is pretty impressive. Keeps the wet concrete most of the time, keeps the angle of things correct for where they photo was taken, lighting is correct.

I then erased the bottom portion of the concrete and asked it for "deep dark hole to the center of the earth"

Asked it for "a high performance sports bike"