Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
'Absolutely nothing beyond what you paid for Game Pass' is exactly the right price for Far Cry 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

A single far cry game is ok, mediocre but playable. The problem is they’re all identical

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

don’t know how people are able to discern differences in quality between individual far cry games tbqh

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Augus posted:

don’t know how people are able to discern differences in quality between individual Ubisoft games tbqh

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Far Cry 2 was legitimately really interesting even if parts of it like the constantly respawining checkpoints were frustrating. It's the only Ubisoft FC game that feels like it's own thing rather than the constant attempt to turn every game into the same open world collectathon.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’ve only played the Far Cry game that came to the original XBOX and like two hours of three

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

1glitch0 posted:

I'mma bought to fire up Far Cry 5. I've never plated a Far Cry game and everyone here seems to hate it but the series is popular? I'm expecting an open world shooter with religious republican nuts as the enemies? I don't know what to expect really so wish me luck and drop any advice you've got! (Don't play it! haha i get it)

Don't. Seriously, don't

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Play it. It’s not everyone’s jam, but it’s up to you. I happened to enjoy a lot of it. The biggest problem is all the games are the same game.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I didn't really get into FC5 but gently caress it, it's free.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
If you never have played a Far Cry game before it will be very cool looking and fun for like 6 hours then you will understand what everyone is talking about. But enjoy those first few hours

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
The best far cry is blood dragon, great length/fun game.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqDFFTqbc9A

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
mappy has one of the most banging arcade theme songs of all time imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGeoG0KQa68

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Oh yeah Mappy tune rules. Arcade games had such catchy little tunes

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
i'm friends with a guy who used to have the world record on Mappy and he tried to show me a bunch of strats once and casually put up like 25x my best ever score. it was loving mind-blowing how good people can get at these games. arcade game players are on another level (not billy mitchell though. gently caress you billy).

i already own more than a couple of the Namco arcade collections so i'll probably check out the Atari one at some point. the only Atari i ever owned was one of those plug-n-play ones that had a handful of games on it with the controller that had the composite connectors hardwired to the side

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Does it include the ET game? The 2600 was my first console and I played that game a lot as it was one of the few games I had at that point. And it was as awful as everyone says and that experience should be shared with this generation.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Who owns the rights to Defender because I’ll buy day 1 if that Atari collection has Defender 2000 from Jaguar.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Spacebump posted:

Who owns the rights to Defender because I’ll buy day 1 if that Atari collection has Defender 2000 from Jaguar.

wb owns all the williams and midway poo poo now i think

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Wiltsghost posted:

I didn't really get into FC5 but gently caress it, it's free.

you can’t get time back. It’s dogshit

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spacebump posted:

The best far cry is blood dragon, great length/fun game.

I've never had the desire to replay it and don't remember almost anything about it except the Ninja Garden NES style cutscenes but I do listen to the soundtrack sometimes. Mostly cuz the theme got reused as a victory screen track in an XCOM 2 mod.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
Far Cry 3 and 4 have an enjoyable stealth gameplay that's just too suboptimal and painful in 5. 5 just wants you to shoot everything and preferably blow them up.

3 has a good story. Like an actual developing plot. I literally don't remember the final villain. 4 has probably the best world, and feels really fun to play around with and leverage wild animals. Primal has very fun and satisfying gameplay with too much padding in the crafting loop but getting animal pets and chucking spears through people was fun.

If you could only play one? I think 4 is the best. 5 has the best music, and I think it's enjoyable to try out a bit for the atmosphere set up by the varied locales and the soundtrack alone. It overstays, just like 3 and 4.

Seriously I love that Dan Romer soundtrack.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
The good thing about farcry 5 is when you get sick of the 3rd consecutive unskippable cutscene where you're kidnapped away from your jaguar sidekick and wisecracking sidekick you will have a lot of space free on your hard drive when you delete it.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Far cry 5 had an ok fishing mechanic, that’s about all I can say about it that sticks out

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I like the concept of Far Cry 5. I'd love to play a Waco simulator. But Ubisoft has a penchant for sucking the life out of the medium. When I played Far Cry 3 recently, I kept wondering "what am I even doing with my life?" It's the game design ethos that Dark Souls games rebeled against.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ubisoft are the worst devs on earth

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Wow, had no idea they developed Jedi: Fallen Order. Thx, op.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jedi Fallen Order has big Ubisoft vibes tbh. Mindblowing it’s from the same devs as Titanfall 2. It would be like if FROM made a Far Cry game

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I actually think fc2 is like the only interesting modern Ubisoft game which is incredibly sad since it's like from 2008

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

quantic dream is worse

maybe we should just take game development away from the french

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

quantic dream is worse

big disagree. QD made Fahrenheit which is so funny

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given
I'm playing Dark Souls 3 for the first time since it was on sale. Glad I played the gently caress out of Elden Ring so I generally know what's going on.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

DR AIDS posted:

I'm playing Dark Souls 3 for the first time since it was on sale. Glad I played the gently caress out of Elden Ring so I generally know what's going on.

it’s brilliant. the game world is massive and it has one of my fave souls bosses ever the two brothers. you can also do fairly big sequence breaks up to a point, which is always fun. the dlc is cool as well.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Dark Souls 3 has traded places with 2 as the popular one to dump on but it’s actually really good

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given
I think I tried to play 2 long ago but my rolling skills were very poor back then, and it was hard, so I gave up. This seems great so far, and the game + all the DLC was like $24.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

people will always debate over the worst dark souls game but the worst dark souls game is still awesome

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Correct

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Also the worst dark souls game is 2

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Tried out Fall Guys, that is fairly charming silly fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Fall guys is good