Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I was about to say it'd be much easier to just refund the ticket back to the airline so they could sell it again instead of trying to resell a plane ticket yourself... Until I realized he's talking about selling used plane tickets for flights that happened the past as "collectables".

Just... What... Why.

I think this is a person getting confused by the lines that nft supporters shout about how everything can be an nft and the reality that the only nfts anyone cares about are of ugly apes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
beep boop people save person artifacts for memories and feefees of cool events from the past, therefore monetize that beepboop.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

The credential things are obviously pointless but are at least an attempt to use the technology, as if you were writing a science-fiction story where humanity was cursed by given some kind of NFT-esque system by allegedly friendly aliens. This poo poo is the 'I think with excitement of how I can tell the washer to do another rinse cycle by sending it bitcoin...!!', 5 years on

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
its loving horse poo poo end stage capitalism where EVERYTHING must have a price/monetary value.

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Bitterly Clinging to my AK47 and Das Kapital

I'm furiously scrawling "COLLECTABLE!" on all my garbage mcdonalds wrappers so they are worth more in the future.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Voyager Update July 1, 2022

Today, Voyager made the difficult but necessary decision to temporarily suspend trading, deposits, withdrawals, and loyalty rewards, effective at 2:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time on July 1.

This provides time to continue exploring strategic alternatives and preserve the value of the Voyager platform we have built together.

https://www.investvoyager.com/blog/voyager-update-july-1-2022/

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

This has similar energy when Second Life had two weeks of popularity and there were people really hyping up how'd it's going to be used as a virtual space for EVERYTHING.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

The one saving grace about the Gary V post is that most of the comments are dragging him for it, which is pretty rare on Linkedin since it's directly connected to your personal and professional reputation.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
So does he think QR codes are made by “artists”? That was the vibe I got from his dumb post.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Here's an idea. Every time you flush the toilet, it makes an NFT that you can sell. You'll be making money on taking a poo poo! Who wouldn't want that?

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

priznat posted:

So does he think QR codes are made by “artists”? That was the vibe I got from his dumb post.

I think he is imagining a future where QR codes are replaced by NFT poo poo-tier procedurally generated pixel art, and somehow there will be someone who wants to buy your old Delta ticket NFT because they like the "artist" who made it.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

priznat posted:

He seems to think that every single plane ticket would have unique art attached to it... for some reason. It's also not clear how doing this wouldn't raise the cost of the ticket, rendering its resale value moot.

Mr. Mercury
Aug 13, 2021

Paladinus posted:

Here's an idea. Every time you flush the toilet, it makes an NFT that you can sell. You'll be making money on taking a poo poo! Who wouldn't want that?

Non flushable turds, eh

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

fullroundaction posted:

I went to go check out how the Nugen launch went since yesterday was the last day to buy in before it went live or whatever.

People are freaking out because they can no longer log into their accounts and I found a post on Facebook from them saying it’s because they’re launching a new website and it should be resolved soon.

Lmao did they rugpull on day 0 hahaha

:sickos:

Uncle Spriggly
Jan 29, 2009
I know it's kind of elitist to criticize grammar on the internet but Gary starts every sentence exactly how you're not supposed to start any sentence.

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
If you haven't been to Nugencoin.com you're missing out!

Read the whitepaper. It's something.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Once again the only non-scam use anyone can come up with for NFTs is literally just “tickets but stupider” but at least that idea was whole new levels of delusional, so it’s got that.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

Who wants to buy my Banksy digital CVS pharmacy reciept?

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Gutcruncher posted:

Once again the only non-scam use anyone can come up with for NFTs is literally just “tickets but stupider” but at least that idea was whole new levels of delusional, so it’s got that.

And, like everything about crypto, it solves a problem that doesn't exist. If airlines wanted to pay an artist to doodle on your tickets, they could've been doing that since the day people started printing airline tickets.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Plan R posted:

If you haven't been to Nugencoin.com you're missing out!

Read the whitepaper. It's something.

Lol the team photos are their "metaverse avatars" and they're all just in A-pose

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Well at least they put effort into the those not fake names.

Also lol at the Helms couple. (or siblings? or maybe just two strangers that happen to have the same last name)

e: oh theres also the Austins

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jul 1, 2022

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I'd like to think that even they don't know Arun's surname.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

like.. you can do all this.. without NFTs... like personalized stuff can be done by individual companies.

sanrio did a thing with EVA airlines where their airplanes were refitted to have a hello kitty theme. they didn't need an NFT for that.

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Portrait of Cheems II of Spain by Jabona Neftman, olo pint on fird
20 eurodollars says none of those nugen people exist

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Strong Sauce posted:

like.. you can do all this.. without NFTs... like personalized stuff can be done by individual companies.

sanrio did a thing with EVA airlines where their airplanes were refitted to have a hello kitty theme. they didn't need an NFT for that.

Yeah but have you considered that sanrio and eva missed the boat by not allowing their customers to resell their already used seats? WELL!?!

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

notwithoutmyanus posted:

Re: Booyah, Anyone who says they are hyper accurate or never acknowledges their failures, then yes they're pulling that poo poo. But, you basically said: "everything is random, but if you predict things go down and they do then TA works". It's not like we can quantify other people's confirmation bias.

To me it's like a weather chart - I can't possibly predict what is happening a week to a month from now but I can look at what's moving in the last 8 hours/when I wake up and whether that's going to translate to rain/snow/etc for myself a large majority of the time. For with TA, it's mostly the opposite - longer term poo poo is usually easier to predict, shorter term is usually harder.

edit: :words: TLDR: some people think TA is magic, it's just number analysis, it's not special, but it's not useless although lots of people want to defend their egos instead (who claim to be experts)

My point is that when you say "a large majority of the time" are you actually recording that? otherwise you're just relying on your memory of success which is where I would think confirmation bias comes in.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

also linkedin is insufferable to navigate. i thought he took down the post but nope, just linkedin makes it incredibly hard to find it. they also gently caress around with google search somehow because the searches for the blog post link to other blog posts.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

nugen have their full street address (or at least AN address) listed in their twitter bio for some reason

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Blotto_Otter posted:

I don’t think that calling this an “error” really does it justice. If that Twitter account is to be believed, an investment bank’s accountants completely failed to do currency translation adjustments, which implies their accountants are only “accountants” in the loosest possible sense of the word. This is like having an auto mechanic who never learned that they’re supposed to change the oil in an engine. This is like having a surgeon who doesn’t wash their hands before surgery because they haven’t heard of the germ theory of disease.

Total incompetence beyond what you would have thought possible before is the norm for anything even remotely technical in crypto, so I just went, "Well of course they did," and continued on.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Visited some crypto dorko’s profile and good news from Elon musk’s favorite site

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

repiv posted:

nugen have their full street address (or at least AN address) listed in their twitter bio for some reason

That is PERFECT

JammyB
May 23, 2001

I slept with Mary and Joseph never found out
Fuuuuck, going to miss my flight... been waiting hours for Banksy to finish graffiti'ing my QR code ticket.

Fake edit: just been told the ticket is finished but it's been painted 20ft up on an old factory wall!

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

fullroundaction posted:

Voyager Update July 1, 2022

Today, Voyager made the difficult but necessary decision to temporarily suspend trading, deposits, withdrawals, and loyalty rewards, effective at 2:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time on July 1.

This provides time to continue exploring strategic alternatives and preserve the value of the Voyager platform we have built together.

https://www.investvoyager.com/blog/voyager-update-july-1-2022/

lmao they're all insolvent, every last one

for fucks sake
Jan 23, 2016

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Visited some crypto dorko’s profile and good news from Elon musk’s favorite site

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

The answer to this is to just viciously mock any rear end in a top hat with an NFT av.

This poo poo should make you a social pariah.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Am I missing something, or isn't this 6 months old news?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Munecat made a pretty good video taking down Gary Vee, if you want to find out what kind of psychopath would write a post like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Xpx0l6FXJU

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Kennel posted:

Am I missing something, or isn't this 6 months old news?

it is, that introduction popup appears the first time you see a hexagon PFP so people who've successfully avoided crypto twitter until now keep thinking it's new

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

i made a gary vee post a while back.. needa include the other video and his nft picture

Strong Sauce posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVE8J8dwJ5E

also apparently gary vee had a "vee con" recently and you can only be invited if you have an NFT made by gary vee: a "veefriend"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Strong Sauce posted:

i made a gary vee post a while back.. needa include the other video and his nft picture

That NFT is going on the fridge, right next to his C- average third grade report card.