Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

does this count as blindfolded

oh you fight ryu in this game

e: geez they need to hit 160k in 2 hours?? that seems too crazy for me

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jul 1, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
The golbat trauma is real.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i dont think they're gonna meet the any% incentive, they only raised 10-12K in the last half hour and they still need 140K with an hour to go. they've basically gone from 89% to 90% in that time

the pokemon fatigue may in fact be real

e: tech crew may even be relieved to not have another run pushing things back anyway

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Kestral posted:

The golbat trauma is real.

I missed most of this run but I turned it on just in time to hear the crowd lustily booing a Golbat. It was wonderful and told me everything I needed to know.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

The 7th Guest posted:

does this count as blindfolded

oh you fight ryu in this game

e: geez they need to hit 160k in 2 hours?? that seems too crazy for me

They hit the Celeste incentive in like ten minutes

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

still 140k short half an hour later though. And only an hour left of the run.

They might let this one not make it, since it's only sort-of a bonus run as it's not a whole new game, just a little showcase of a shorter run.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Gotta keep it 100 - I find Pokemon speedruns insanely boring and really wish they'd replace them with something else. Makes me not want to watch.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

save for another bailout combo from twitch and yetee this bonus run is not happening

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

yeah they need 100k in like 10 minutes lol

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

If you're running an event its gotta be a hard call to cut 7 shorter runs vs cutting one JRPG.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

yeah they need 100k in like 10 minutes lol

spikevegeta about to pull out the mother of all interview filibusters

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

what was the donation total at when they started the incentive?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

IcePhoenix posted:

what was the donation total at when they started the incentive?

they have raised over 100k since the start of this run, not sure exactly when the incentive was announced but they have pulled in a decent amount this run. just, not enough.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Nice trainer ID

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Didn't even try to stall for it RIP. I mean it was obviously too far to stall but they didn't call in any twitch or yetee bucks either. Staff must not have been too attached to that one.

Looking forward to the next handful of runs myself.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i am really interetsed to see how the gently caress a donkey kong country reverse boss order run is gonna work

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Agent355 posted:

Didn't even try to stall for it RIP. I mean it was obviously too far to stall but they didn't call in any twitch or yetee bucks either. Staff must not have been too attached to that one.

They're skipping content to save time in true speedrun fashion

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i am really interetsed to see how the gently caress a donkey kong country reverse boss order run is gonna work

it's a pretty wild glitch

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Agent355 posted:

they prolly figured letting it die to help the schedule was the best call. hopefully we see that run at agdq or something next year.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I mean, that run is available on youtube right now just like any other speedrun. If anybody in the audience REALLY wants to see it you can just go watch it. It's not quite the same as seeing it with a couch and audience, but it's not beyond reach.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
The twitch and yetee bucks are for the full-on bonus games, just a bonus run of a game that they literally just did probably isn't worth calling in their emergency money.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

WEED CAT PLUSH

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

the magic reverse boss order ritual begins

Mr. Sickos
May 22, 2011

remote runs are just like watching a youtube video but worse. if they are actually canning runs to save the schedule this should have been the first to go.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

"And now we're in world 6!"

o.o

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God
I have absolutely no idea what's going on. It probably doesn't help that I haven't played DKC.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Bremen posted:

I have absolutely no idea what's going on. It probably doesn't help that I haven't played DKC.

it's not quite arbitrary code execution but they're basically setting up the memory in such a way that the game gets enormously confused when certain screen transitions occur and sends DK to completely different worlds and maps

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
dkc owns lmao

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Looper posted:

dkc owns lmao

they're all excellent games even in 2022 and DKC1 and DKC2 have some of the SNES's best speedruns, imo

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

this host has clearly never played dk64, and good on 'em

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

this host has clearly never played dk64, and good on 'em

i dunno about the other guy but v0oid's done a bunch of DKC2 speedruns previously, he's cool

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Vermain posted:

i dunno about the other guy but v0oid's done a bunch of DKC2 speedruns previously, he's cool

i mean the host reading donations, he got an 'oooh banana' donation and read it totally wrong

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i mean the host reading donations, he got an 'oooh banana' donation and read it totally wrong

sacrilege

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i think my favorite part of DKC1 is how absurdly pressed they were for resources so one of the bosses is literally just a A Barrel But Evil

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

How, I have never played it and heard your words in the voice!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

hearing aquatic ambience makes me wanna eat fruit roll ups and watch legends of the hidden temple

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

hearing aquatic ambience makes me wanna eat fruit roll ups and watch legends of the hidden temple

DKC1/2 music and the chrono trigger soundtrack are definitely my sepia-toned flashback triggers

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

is the donation tracker broken, the amount has not changed for an awful long time

unless everyone is just transfixed by this run

e: i posted that and it finally moved

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

is the donation tracker broken, the amount has not changed for an awful long time

unless everyone is just transfixed by this run

e: i posted that and it finally moved

I forgot how chill the soundtrack was to DKC. I mostly zoned out, vibing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

really goddamn solid run all around. dude performed amazingly well on such a hard category