Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/adam_khan100/status/1542231908825923585?s=21&t=v1TfU6AhbXerifFJh3FhXg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Thought he was gonna rip a ripe one there

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

ruddiger posted:

I kinda want to see the Minions movie where they’re popping tons of amphetamine with Adolf.

Jojo Minions

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

I love the disgust and contempt

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

It does beg the question of why exactly Christian Bale is in this movie. He can't need money, he can do whatever films he wants, and chose to do ... this? Weird guy.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

He didn't do it for money. He did it for a shitload of money

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

This poo poo is hilarious to me too. His face, I just can't lmao.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Jenny Agutter posted:

O brother, where art thou?

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

well why not posted:

It does beg the question of why exactly Christian Bale is in this movie. He can't need money, he can do whatever films he wants, and chose to do ... this? Weird guy.

If I’m in his shoes and know it’s a one off, I take the high 7/low 8 figure payday and drag this poo poo dawn to dusk. Sounds fun.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Blue Raider posted:

If I’m in his shoes and know it’s a one off, I take the high 7/low 8 figure payday and drag this poo poo dawn to dusk. Sounds fun.

You also might do it for the money so you can do other projects for the love. Bruce Willis's salary for Die Hard 3 was larger than the entire budget of Pulp Fiction.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Finally!

https://twitter.com/carlyewisel/status/1542309095927173121?s=21&t=Ff2eYw4-bO2xDuepuwEh8A

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

He doesn't explain poo poo!

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

josh04 posted:

it's a fuckin stitch up imo

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

josh04 posted:

It's stuff going up Thanos's butt that is the issue here, not stuff coming out.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Thanos doesn't use a bidet or wipe because it's gay so antman would've died instantly from the toxic gases

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

josh04 posted:

Wasp doesn't allow him to. Clearly she's part of the Poospiracy of Silence.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
For someone that hates vaccinations she sure loves to inject herself into conversations.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

well why not posted:

People like money

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The Boys proves him wrong

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

well why not posted:

Maybe he lost a bet?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I hear that working on the Marvel movies is pretty fun for the cast.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
You guys don't understand. Rich people LOVE getting more money. Simple as

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Detective No. 27 posted:

I hear that working on the Marvel movies is pretty fun for the cast.

Getting decades worth of the average worker pay for 6 months of jumping around in front of a green screen gurning with the director adlibbing whatever comes into your head at the time while hundreds of animators fix your poo poo in post does sound hella fun.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
"So, how much weight do I have to gain/lose for this one?"

"None at all, Mr. Bale. Come as you are."

"I'm your man!"

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Grendels Dad posted:

"So, how much weight do I have to gain/lose for this one?"

"None at all, Mr. Bale. Come as you are."

"I'm your man!"

Starring in Thor: Love and Thunder: $5 million.

Not having to develop body dysmorphia to do it: Priceless

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
I don't get it, why is this Hollywood actor in a Hollywood movie

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

YaketySass posted:

I don't get it, why is this Hollywood actor in a Hollywood movie

Yeah, I always go back to the old Michael Caine adage (no not the Jaws one). Paraphrasing because it's been years since I saw it, but it's something like, "Anytime an actor says that they passed on a role because it wasn't quite right, they're lying. They probably mean the money wasn't right. This is a job, like any other. You take the roles that give you the right money."

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah, I always go back to the old Michael Caine adage (no not the Jaws one). Paraphrasing because it's been years since I saw it, but it's something like, "Anytime an actor says that they passed on a role because it wasn't quite right, they're lying. They probably mean the money wasn't right. This is a job, like any other. You take the roles that give you the right money."

I mean there are actors that won’t make stupid movies for the right money though.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Pillowpants posted:

I mean there are actors that won’t make stupid movies for the right money though.

Name one.

No cheating, it doesn't count if they make stupid movies for no moeny.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Vintersorg posted:

Was Napoleon actually evil? The simple history I read showers him as just a commander who wanted power and to conquer. As was the style at the time.

Napoleon loving owned and was badass

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Napoleon was pretty poo poo, except for all the cool stuff the Anglos hate about him

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Grendels Dad posted:

Name one.

Katherine Hepburn, what's his name from there will be blood

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Mameluke posted:

He did try a little bit to bring slavery back, that was not so hot from old history-on-a-horse.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Grendels Dad posted:

Name one.

Girl who played Newt is the only true actor

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

thrawn527 posted:

Caine has a lot of great quotes. The Jaws one is "I haven't seen it and have no intention. Apparently it's bad. I have seen the house that I built with the money and it's lovely"

In his book, while talking about being in "On Deadly Ground" with Steven Seagal, his only regret is that it was shot in Alaska. He says "You don't pick the movie, you pick the location."

The funny thing is, for a dude with a completely mercenary approach to acting work, he's never turned in a bad performance.

Mameluke posted:

There was supposed to be a prestige television show about him from Spielberg and Fukunaga and I'm almost as mad about it's non existence as that crusade movie with Schwarzenegger by Verhoeven.

Timeless Appeal posted:

Girl who played Newt is the only true actor

There's a slightly haunting exchange on the Aliens commentary track from Gale Anne Hurd. She says that Carrie Henn quit acting and she says it with audible relief. It was around the time Edward Furlong went from 'troubled former child actor' to 'completely falling apart and I always figured that was why.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Snowman_McK posted:

Caine has a lot of great quotes. The Jaws one is "I haven't seen it and have no intention. Apparently it's bad. I have seen the house that I built with the money and it's lovely"

In his book, while talking about being in "On Deadly Ground" with Steven Seagal, his only regret is that it was shot in Alaska. He says "You don't pick the movie, you pick the location."

The funny thing is, for a dude with a completely mercenary approach to acting work, he's never turned in a bad performance.

Same goes for Brian Cox, if his new book is any indication, and a lot of old school classically trained actors.

Like yeah they get some enjoyment out of it but the job is the job and we all have bills to pay.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

YaketySass posted:

Napoleon was pretty poo poo, except for all the cool stuff the Anglos hate about him

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Napoleon is basically the original supervillain as far as Anglos are concerned, honestly pretty fitting for the Minions. Also probably giving him some credit to have him be the one to actively drive the Minions off when he realises they're more trouble than they're worth.

Also actually do kinda like the backstory that Minions are given no particular mind because they've been around before humans, have been interacting with human society literally as long as it's existed, and by implication everyone's completely used to them because the weird immortal yellow guys running around getting jobs with evil lunatics are as normal as rocks and trees.

Ghost Leviathan fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Jul 2, 2022

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Snowman_McK posted:

My favourite Michael Caine anecdote is that when he joined Equity he had to change his name because they didn't allow two actors to perform under the same name and to his complete disbelief, they already had a Maurice Mickelwhite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Modernity started when the minions shut themselves off from the world, and ended with their return.