Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
The spontaneous Doug tangent during the Despicable Me episode was loving fantastic. "We're storming the capital, Funnie!" "No, that's my funeral Minions shirt!" :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

SilentChaz posted:

The spontaneous Doug tangent during the Despicable Me episode was loving fantastic. "We're storming the capital, Funnie!" "No, that's my funeral Minions shirt!" :allears:

I love their Doug tangents, and would pay extra for a Doug sideshow.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Iron Crowned posted:

I would pay extra for that, too. The extra money would probably help cover the treatment their throats would need after doing their Patti Mayonnaise so much.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Iron Crowned posted:

I dunno, as hilarious as Redneck Patti and Alt-Right Roger are, they would get way too grating if they did several episodes of that.

^^^That too.

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I don't know if it will be my pick, but someone ought to call in Doug's First Movie for Listener Request Month.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Yeah we need more Doug content.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Y'all are gonna kill the guys voices.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

At least it's not Nick Nolte week

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

thrawn527 posted:

Y'all are gonna kill the guys voices.

Look we’re not asking for Ducktales/Tom Holland here

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Cast Tom Holland as Doug, do it Disney.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Tom Mulholland Drive was great in Uncharted. Think another actor would have been better for the Sully character. Marky Mark just doesn't do it for me.

Also good call in the City Slickers episode for Coconut cream shaved ice.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Irreversible 2: Cruise Control

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

July Dispatch is out:

Episode 619 — Thor: The Dark World

Episode 620 — Clash of the Titans (2010)

Episode 621 — American Pie

Episode 622 — The Lost Boys

Patreon Episodes:

Patreon Exclusive We Love Movies — Iron Man 3

Animation Damnation — Reboot: "The Tearing" (s1,e1)

The Nexus: TOS: "Spectre of the Gun" (s3 e6) TNG: "A Matter of Perspective" (s3, e14)

Gleep Glossary: 4-LOM

Melr0210: 90210: "Chuckie's Back" (s2, e17) Melrose Place: "Fire Power" (s2, e3)

Can't wait for the multitude of pie-loving jokes :allears:

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

lmao that was my first thought among other moments from that movie, that episode is gonna be gross

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Ror posted:

lmao that was my first thought among other moments from that movie, that episode is gonna be gross

It's been a minute since we've had an advanced episode of WHM, hasn't it? :getin:

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

I'm curious what their thoughts are on American Pie because they seem like they are right in the demographic of loving that film but maybe they'll see past any nostalgia. As for me, I always disliked those films because they were so dumbly mean-spirited and had a casual treatment on Jim's toxic friendships.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

American Pie was a reliable way to see boobs in high school, but other than that I hardly remember too much. I'm absolutely certain its dredged in that late 90's/early 00's brand of homophobia though and lots of sexual harassment/maybe some light assault being played as boys will be boys sorta stuff.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

dorium posted:

American Pie was a reliable way to see boobs in high school, but other than that I hardly remember too much. I'm absolutely certain its dredged in that late 90's/early 00's brand of homophobia though and lots of sexual harassment/maybe some light assault being played as boys will be boys sorta stuff.

Pretty much.

It came out the year I graduated, and it was my first ever DVD, because it was unrated! I liked it back then, and watched it a ton, because it was one of the few DVDs in my collection.

Revisiting it about 10 years ago, I didn't care for it that much. There's a lot wrong with it especially this far out from 1999.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I'm a Dark World defender. I think the first Thor was the absolute worst Marvel movie though. (Other than maybe Hulk.)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to hearing them roast it anyway.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

dorium posted:

At least Dude Where's My Car had the decency to actually make the dudes kiss.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

MariusLecter posted:

Tom Mulholland Drive was great in Uncharted.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

dorium posted:

I haven't seen it since it was originally big, but I imagine watching it now is exactly like this.

https://twitter.com/CBThorburn/status/1377696492295761923?s=20&t=OmHittxwJGO0kYNAVAK3lg

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Zurtilik posted:

I'm a Dark World defender. I think the first Thor was the absolute worst Marvel movie though. (Other than maybe Hulk.)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to hearing them roast it anyway.

And today I am learning that there was a Thor movie between the first one and Ragnarok. Going to guess it wasn't that great...

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Look up who played the villain, watch the movie, then try to remember who played the villain.
It's an extremely forgettable movie.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Thor 2 is fine, which is the worst thing you can say about it, as it should have been much better. It wastes some serious talent, especially in the villain department, and is often just boring. But I think people forget how good the Thor and Loki stuff in that movie is. And the finale is pretty fun for at least doing something a little different with the teleporting around.

It's not great, but the actual bad sequels from around then in the MCU are Iron Man 2 and Avengers 2.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

thrawn527 posted:

I haven't seen it since it was originally big, but I imagine watching it now is exactly like this.

https://twitter.com/CBThorburn/status/1377696492295761923?s=20&t=OmHittxwJGO0kYNAVAK3lg

ha definitely how a lot of those gross out comedies from that era play out as. same goes for all the 80's wacky university/school movies. every gen has them.

thrawn527 posted:

Thor 2 is fine, which is the worst thing you can say about it, as it should have been much better. It wastes some serious talent, especially in the villain department, and is often just boring. But I think people forget how good the Thor and Loki stuff in that movie is. And the finale is pretty fun for at least doing something a little different with the teleporting around.

It's not great, but the actual bad sequels from around then in the MCU are Iron Man 2 and Avengers 2.

That final fight between Whiplash, Iron Man and War Machine still slaps though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECySM966_E0

even the stuff at the Monaco races was cool with Whiplash's entrance. Movie just needed more Sam Rockwell tbh.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Zurtilik posted:

I'm a Dark World defender.

Hell, same. I like the way it frames Thor's interpersonal conflicts with Jane, Loki, and his mom, and how it reckons with Loki's role as villain in The Avengers. Rene Russo is great in it, and I like that the movie takes itself seriously. None of the MCU movies nowadays seem to.

The person who's not great in it is Anthony Hopkins, delivering a close-to-career-worst performance. He's so visibly checked out, and I hope the guys picked up on that.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I like the space viking vibes of Thor 2. Thor 1 is the worst Thor by a mile. The Chris Evans cameo is also extremely good.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Lost Boys is a big WLM for this guy.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I remember next to nothing about Thor 2. I remember Natalie Portman and Kat Dennings are in it, but that's about it. Definitely not as memorable as any of the top tier Marvel movies from Steve and Andrew's rankings (although I didn't care for some of those either).

https://twitter.com/stephensajdak/status/1541856706677948416
https://twitter.com/jupin/status/1542189241676988417

weekly font posted:

I've actually never seen it!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

weekly font posted:

:same:

I got distracted by the American Pie chat and missed that it was on the list.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I can never get a read on the WHM opinion on Tom Holland but I do need the impressions to keep coming.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

The Deleter posted:

I can never get a read on the WHM opinion on Tom Holland but I do need the impressions to keep coming.

The Tom Holland impressions keep making me think of Teen Girl Squad which just adds another level of funny

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Angry_Ed posted:

The Tom Holland impressions keep making me think of Teen Girl Squad which just adds another level of funny

IRON MAN
SO AND SO
WHATS HIS FACE
THE GREEN ONE

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

thrawn527 posted:

I was a bit too young to see it in theaters, but I saw it later and haven't seen it in years, but iirc, one major scene revolves around them secretly filming a classmate undressing and we're not supposed to see this as hosed up

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I was a bit too young to see it in theaters, but I saw it later and haven't seen it in years, but iirc, one major scene revolves around them secretly filming a classmate undressing and we're not supposed to see this as hosed up

Oh, that is arguably the most famous scene of the movie (vs the pie loving scene, or maaaaaybe Alyson Hannigan’s “One time at band camp,” scene). But yeah, American Pie is mostly famous for secretly filming a foreign exchange student getting naked. Not Another Teen Movie made a whole character about it.

It’s a nightmare of a movie, looking back. Hence the video.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jul 2, 2022

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

The Deleter posted:

IRON MAN
SO AND SO
WHATS HIS FACE
THE GREEN ONE

"Tony, you look burnt, or dead."

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
SNAPP'D

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Spider-Man, how do you be so short?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Kinda wish they did that newest American pie sequel cause that thing is a fuckin disaster.