Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
A book of mug shots, but instead of mugs, it's spandex. leather, and so on covered asses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

davidspackage posted:

If you are Spider-man, the cops hunt you.

Well yeah, Spider-man's a Hero meaning he won't hurt them. Plus he's poor.
Villains now, those are dangerous. They're not about to chase a villain - what if they catch them? What then?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

TheCenturion posted:

A book of mug shots, but instead of mugs, it's spandex. leather, and so on covered asses.

Oh sure but when I try looking for "a book of asses in skin tight clothing" I'm "embarrassing myself" and "asked politely to leave the library"

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

TheCenturion posted:

My city recently had an "art day" where all the stores were showing/selling art and there were artists at tables on the street. Walked past a lady who's sign said something like "I Like Butts" and every drawing was an image of a person from behind from the thighs to the middle of the back, centering the butt/underwear. She was selling posters and shirts and bags.

I appreciate super honest people.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Uthor posted:

My city recently had an "art day" where all the stores were showing/selling art and there were artists at tables on the street. Walked past a lady who's sign said something like "I Like Butts" and every drawing was an image of a person from behind from the thighs to the middle of the back, centering the butt/underwear. She was selling posters and shirts and bags.

I appreciate super honest people.

So you're saying you like people who like big butts and they can not lie?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

So you're saying you like people who like big butts and they can not lie?

Some brothers think they're too smart
And tell you that the butt ain't art
So they toss it and leave it
And Uthor pulls up quick to retrieve it

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Batman #424 (1988)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

SimonChris posted:

Batman #424 (1988)

Which Robin is that?

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Jason Todd. It's from the first part of Death in the Family.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I always loved that this is a real sombre moment, and it's all ~tighty whities awayyyy~

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Skwirl posted:

Because I know Comet the Super Horse, aka Supergirl's boyfriend, was a thing I wasn't sure if they were gonna give that horse to Ross then laugh at him telepathically or give him a horse laugh telepathically.

Everyone snickers because Supergirl's boyfriend is a horse but it's not nearly that bad.

He's a centaur who has been transformed into a horse. I think we all can agree that's much better.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Infinitum posted:

I always loved that this is a real sombre moment, and it's all ~tighty whities awayyyy~

Judging by Batmans face, Robin laid a smelly little egg just before he flew away.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Iron Cat #1:

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
How is the average reader supposed to know that that is Tony Stark and Black Cat when they're only drawn front on?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Ghost Rider #59 (1981)

Foolkiller: White Angels #3 (2008)

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Last panel would've been much better if instead of sexywet pose she walked in looking as much like

as humanly possible. But gotta get the sexy in, I guess.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Darthemed posted:

Ghost Rider #59 (1981)

"Stop injecting your horrible fetishes into my comic. I am going to penance stare you."

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Phy posted:

Oh sure but when I try looking for "a book of asses in skin tight clothing" I'm "embarrassing myself" and "asked politely to leave the library"

No, actually they find the books for you. That's how real libraries work.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

TwoPair posted:

Iron Cat #1:

This is great. This is the kind of banter that got me into Bendis' work, back when.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
That's a kinda continuation of the writer's two Black Cat series, right? I really need to catch up on those. Taking advantage of the nice weather is really destroying my video games and comic books time.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Uthor posted:

That's a kinda continuation of the writer's two Black Cat series, right? I really need to catch up on those. Taking advantage of the nice weather is really destroying my video games and comic books time.

It is, and that writer even posts in the forums on occasion. Very good series. The mini is extending the fun "Iron Cat" concept, while further exploring Felicia's past that had been hinted at previously.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Lightning Comics #5 (1941)

Power Man and Iron Fist #92 (1983)

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Darthemed posted:

Lightning Comics #5 (1941)

I imagine this guy ends up like the crew of the Event Horizon.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

"I've got morons in my truck" isn't just a good line it is probably a tautology.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Lobok posted:

I imagine this guy ends up like the crew of the Event Horizon.

I imagine it's like the planet where time moves slowly in the movie Interstellar.

"Wait... where is everything? And what is there way in the distance?"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Marvel's Voices - Pride: Valkyrie wants to do a Pride event in Asgard and Thor turns her down.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
the last page is good too

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
What's a big state skirt?

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Skwirl posted:

What's a big state skirt?

At the time that story was written (1949), Christian Dior's "New Look" was fashionable for women. The New Look included full, ankle-length skirts.

So in the story, an evil leg paint manufacturer has created an alternate fashion movement: the Big Stare, which involves cutting New Look skirts in half to force women to show off their legs. It's called the Big Stare because, you know, men like to stare at legs.

Oh, by the way: this story was written by a woman.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I just think women should be able to whatever they want whenever they want regardless of time period.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Evil leg paint manufacturer?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Skwirl posted:

Evil leg paint manufacturer?

I'm assuming this was before the invention of pantyhose where to avoid having men see your bare legs you applied paint.

Although having said this I can find no evidence of historic practices outside of painting horse legs.

Kwyndig fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Jul 3, 2022

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Kwyndig posted:

I'm assuming this was before the invention of pantyhose where to avoid having men see your bare legs you applied paint.

Although having said this I can find no evidence of historic practices outside of painting horse legs.

Didn't leg painting become popular during ww2 because all the stocking material was being used in the war effort?

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Kwyndig posted:

There were nylon stocking shortages during WW II, as the military grabbed up all the nylon for making parachutes and the like. So women resorted to painting their legs, either with homemade coloring (gravy browning was apparently a popular choice) or commercial cosmetics. See: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/paint-on-hosiery-during-the-war-years-29864389/

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Potsticker posted:

Didn't leg painting become popular during ww2 because all the stocking material was being used in the war effort?

Possibly? I'm not very good at SEO so there might be a article somewhere I missed.

Edit: there it is, post above this one.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

during the second world war the trademarked nylon was sold almost exclusively to the united states government for war production while japan was doing the same with silk, leaving consumer manufacturers of stockings out of materials. one of the responses to these shortages was a brief trend of women using makeup on their legs to replicate the effect of wearing fashionable nylon stockings.
the slow production of stockings post-war led to riots and eventually an antitrust suit forcing the licensing of nylon production to other companies.

e: okay i'm slow

Ghostlight fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jul 3, 2022

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

The Incredible Hulk #102 (1968)

The Punisher #32 (1990)

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006