Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

EVIL Gibson posted:

you can consider it as bullshit that makes the most sense to include out of the billions of similar patterns out there.

nah it's just nonsense, that whole scene falls into the dumb idea that evolution is a linear track from simple to advanced

asking what something would look like if it continued to evolve for 65 million years is meaningless, crocodiles have been basically the same for 200 million years

HOWEVER, it does make sense in the dumb star trek universe

in TNG there's a whole episode about how ancient humanoids are the forebearers of all humanoid species because they seeded the galaxy with DNA designed to evolve into humanish creatures

so in star trek intelligent design is real and the future evolution of a species is hard coded into the DNA

anyways here's hadrosaur erectus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

KakerMix posted:

Jesus I hadn't messed with Dall-E's image manipulation thing before, this is the real power. I snapped a picture looking out to my back yard.

You can then use a paintbrush to erase a portion of the image, then Dall-E will attempt to put whatever it is you ask it to via text prompt into just that area. I chose a complex area with intersecting lines of the concrete and puddle since it rained earlier. Looked like this before generation:

Results:

"a perfectly smooth chrome sphere"

"a translucent cube made of acrylic"

"a pile of sandwiches"

The sphere one it attempted to keep the puddle, sort of, but just ignored the line in the concrete. For the cube one the internal reflections don't seem to match too much, but does a pretty good job reflecting a lot of what is supposed to be around it, while deciding that the straight angled line is now a curve. The pile of sandwiches is a bit too sunny imho, but it did add a bit of shadow that's too sharp vs. the surrounding area.

I then applied the paintbrush to the entire right side of the picture, then asked it to generate "photograph of a backyard after a light rain" and these are the results:

This is essentially the content-aware function in Photoshop but on the extreme end of wholly-building entire portions of the photo with text context. It isn't perfect of course, but for a single 10~ second blot of time and it gives you multiple results is pretty impressive. Keeps the wet concrete most of the time, keeps the angle of things correct for where they photo was taken, lighting is correct.

I then erased the bottom portion of the concrete and asked it for "deep dark hole to the center of the earth"

Asked it for "a high performance sports bike"

Convert to wireframe render

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

I was answering your question in a general sense; not that weird dinosaur thing you got going on

I would like to make a special note that it's pretty awesome it took note of the planter you already had near the sliding door and copied it.

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jul 1, 2022

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

KakerMix posted:

Asked it for "a high performance sports bike"

Get it to add Lucy Liu into your selfies

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Lamebot posted:

Convert to wireframe render

Unfortunately there isn't a way to do this like that, either you can get it to generate variations of what you put in, which then results in other angles of a similar backyard setup with a building and a fence and wet concrete, but utterly realistic. If you elect to then just have it 'fill in' a portion of the picture it can't separate itself out from the context of the picture its in, so you get stuff like this no matter what the prompt is:

mobby_6kl posted:

Get it to add Lucy Liu into your selfies

:smith:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Can you try infilling with 'automotive cutaway drawing, wireframe' on a picture of a car or something

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Hey, it's not so bad! You've always wanted a PlayStation one remake of your life, right?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Tunicate posted:

Can you try infilling with 'automotive cutaway drawing, wireframe' on a picture of a car or something

Let's give it a shot, cars are my jam. Here is a picture of a Toyota Chaser I currently have with the hood popped:

Now to erase the 1JZ-GTE

Now ask it for 'automotive cutaway drawing, wireframe' in that space:

lmao

It really doesn't want to generate fantastic things within a mundane context. You want a cutaway drawing? Here you go :c00l:

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
Oh my god it's terrifying

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

KakerMix posted:

Let's give it a shot, cars are my jam. Here is a picture of a Toyota Chaser I currently have with the hood popped:

Now to erase the 1JZ-GTE

lmao

It really doesn't want to generate fantastic things within a mundane context. You want a cutaway drawing? Here you go :c00l:

I'm pretty amazed how hard it failed on that

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
we really are gonna have countries training AI against each other.

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Sometimes it feels like DE Mini knows just what I'm hoping for.

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

So how do I get access to Dall-e 2? It looks fantastic.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

TescoBag posted:

So how do I get access to Dall-e 2? It looks fantastic.

get on the waitlist

https://labs.openai.com/waitlist

wait as they pick other people from the 200k+ applicants

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
One day I will join... one day.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

April 6 for me lol

if people want midjourney invites tho I have a few left

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Tunicate posted:

April 6 for me lol

if people want midjourney invites tho I have a few left

I don't ever see myself getting into the full Dall-E, but I am interested in Midjourney.

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Vlaphor posted:

Sometimes it feels like DE Mini knows just what I'm hoping for.

Now that I have access to Midjourney, let's give Heavy Metal Baptism another shot.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Tunicate posted:

get on the waitlist

https://labs.openai.com/waitlist

wait as they pick other people from the 200k+ applicants

I applied a couple of days ago and got the invite tonight. I was not expecting it to be that fast.

Fake edit: They have over 500k applicants but said it isn't on a first come first served basis. Guess they needed a no name guy with two twitter followers to balance things out.

Here is what it thinks Buzzo of the Melvins looks like

Dale Melvins Drumming Renaissance Painting

The Melvins on Guitar Player Magazine cover with instruments photorealistic

craiyon Melvins

Here is what wombo did with my Melvins Sienkiewicz prompts

I did some other stuff too but interesting to see the different interpretations.

sporklift fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Jul 2, 2022

Party Ape
Mar 5, 2007
Don't pay $10 bucks to change my avatar! Send me a $10 donation to Doctors with Borders and I'll stop posting for 24 hours!

LifeSunDeath posted:

we really are gonna have countries training AI against each other.

Not just that. As police move to using AI to dispatch cops to areas that it suspects crime will occur in, criminals (and bored teens) will be learning how to fake it out.

I wonder if FinTech companies are putting any resources into faking out the AI's of their competitors or whether that would fall afoul of regulations. I know there have been cases where fake press releases have been scanned and parsed and used to inform trades automatically (for example).

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

It's nice that it seemingly depicted all the stages in the bread making process! :buddy:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Yoshi Jjang posted:

It's nice that it seemingly depicted all the stages in the bread making process! :buddy:

It's like a children's bedtime story that also teaches them to bake break.

I bet that was the kids tomb.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/triplux/status/1542529386183725056
https://twitter.com/triplux/status/1542529399534170113
(more in thread)

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I've put the prompt "gateway between dreams" into a few of these AI art programs and usually get really good or interesting results. Midjourney is no exception.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Vlaphor posted:

I've put the prompt "gateway between dreams" into a few of these AI art programs and usually get really good or interesting results. Midjourney is no exception.

be careful it might have read HP lovecraft :ohdear:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

“Gateway between lovecraftian dreams”

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

wa27 posted:

didn't really get the stadium part (or the photoreal part), but this one looks the best imo:

These all turned out kind of same-y

Thank you; interesting how the photo realistic stuff isn't certain. I was hoping for what I had in my head of a sort of Freddie Mercury at Live Aid sort of scene. Except with a flaming skeleton.

Looking forward to (hopefully) getting access. I don't have any real social media presence so guessing that's not likely soon, but others in this thread seem to get access either way so who knows.

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer
Got Dalle2 access after a 2 day wait so who knows. I had been using the GPT-3 prompt for a couple weeks and heard that has an effect on wait times but ymmv.

I spent my day at work yesterday comparing prompts in midjourney vs dalle2 and they really complement each other well. Midjourney is terrific at mashing up existing art compared to dalle2 but is far worse at creating an original or abstract composition.

"warhammer 40k pixar movie"

Dalle2

MJ

Loved this one

However go back to original stuff and Dalle2 puts out far better results
"photo of a skink dressed up in a tuxedo with tophat and cane, walking on hind legs"

Dalle2

MJ

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

DALL-E is a great source for infinite fat animals!

DALL-E is just trolling me now.

DALL-E doesn't know what a tuba is. :(

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Holy poo poo it can do quality pixel art?! I need this now, name the loving price already DALL-E.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Black August posted:

Holy poo poo it can do quality pixel art?! I need this now, name the loving price already DALL-E.

you can select "pixel" on this one and also get pixel outputs, but they're way more weird:
https://replicate.com/pixray/text2image
"fat racoon playing a tuba"

LifeSunDeath fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jul 2, 2022

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Indie game dev programmer art is gonna get a solid upgrade when this is more easily accessible.

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Tried messing with Pixel Art in Midjourney. The preview (Pixel art of The nuclear bombs dropping and mushroom clouds forming) looked pixely enough, but the final one kinda upscaled the pixels out. Still striking though.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

it does a decent try at faking it, but doesn't really manage a consistent grid on the raccoon.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Tunicate posted:

it does a decent try at faking it, but doesn't really manage a consistent grid on the raccoon.

if someone set one up properly they'd have it rendering directly to the target pixel size and I bet the AI could crank out 64*64 pixel art really fast

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014
I'm looking for some other terms and artists names to mess around with in dalle mini. I feel like over the last couple weeks it has gotten a lot worse at generating images in the concept art style for some reason. What other terms do you think I should use to generate that same sort of feel?

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

hydroceramics posted:

I'm looking for some other terms and artists names to mess around with in dalle mini. I feel like over the last couple weeks it has gotten a lot worse at generating images in the concept art style for some reason. What other terms do you think I should use to generate that same sort of feel?

maybe look up some famous concept artists and try using prompt that asks for something in the style of them?

here's a random list of concept artists I found:
https://conceptartempire.com/famous-concept-artists/

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014

TIP posted:

maybe look up some famous concept artists and try using prompt that asks for something in the style of them?

here's a random list of concept artists I found:
https://conceptartempire.com/famous-concept-artists/

Thanks! Inputting some of those names got me closer to what I was looking for.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

TIP posted:

if someone set one up properly they'd have it rendering directly to the target pixel size and I bet the AI could crank out 64*64 pixel art really fast

You'd want to do some specific architecture stuff, yeah, as well as limiting your training set. Smaller output field, indexed colors, etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

KakerMix posted:

Now to erase the 1JZ-GTE

lmao

wrappin sheet rock round that engine i'm rebuildin