Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
I guess I knew the answer before I asked the question, but thank you all for confirming my suspicions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

webmeister posted:

Dubai is basically Rich Tasteless Idiots: The Country, and as such is perfectly suited to footballers

I miss the days when Rich Tasteless Idiot just meant buying a snooker table for your mansion, putting your framed jerseys around the walls, then never going into the room again unless you had to sign a contract and signing it on the snooker table was the only way you could think to make use of it.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Mrenda posted:

I miss the days when Rich Tasteless Idiot just meant buying a snooker table for your mansion, putting your framed jerseys around the walls, then never going into the room again unless you had to sign a contract and signing it on the snooker table was the only way you could think to make use of it.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Does he still have that hideous Range Rover?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Eric Cantonese posted:

Does he still have that hideous Range Rover?

I think that turned out to be some breast cancer charity thing.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/PurelyFootball/status/1542259638149726208?s=20&t=WpD083mrAztvV7dzA3ucPA

Is this true? I guess they'd check it but it's pretty surprising.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Did Cudicini get enough games in to count when Chelsea won in '05 or '06? That's the first counterexample that comes to mind.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

My first thought was Macheda but apparently he didn't get a medal

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/1542885942029127683
https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1542887427894910980

Diva Cupcake fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jul 1, 2022

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Is that all? Cheap.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Is that all? Cheap.

Turns out we were just waiting for the official mobile partnership

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Off to a great start with Arsenal

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

greazeball posted:

Turns out we were just waiting for the official mobile partnership

Also shouldn't it say 2025 lol

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Also shouldn't it say 2025 lol

it should also say three whats.

"a new three contract"

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

fyallm posted:

Lol gently caress's sake

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

fyallm posted:

lol

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

pik_d posted:

it should also say three whats.

"a new three contract"

I already made a joke about that

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Please please please

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

sebzilla posted:

My first thought was Macheda but apparently he didn't get a medal

He better have done, he won it single-handed that year

and then died

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

JohnCompany posted:

Did Cudicini get enough games in to count when Chelsea won in '05 or '06? That's the first counterexample that comes to mind.

Nope, 3 and 4 appearences.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

What a silly rule that is. In fact, I’d say that anyone in the first team squad should get a medal if they want one. They’ve all played a part, however small it might be.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Xabi posted:

What a silly rule that is. In fact, I’d say that anyone in the first team squad should get a medal if they want one. They’ve all played a part, however small it might be.

I think they changed it recently. Clubs could always request a few extra medals too for people who didn't meet the threshold. But yeah it's daft.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

If any nerds are interested, these are the rules:

quote:

The champions are also given 40 commemorative medals made of silver, which are 2.25in (5.7cm) in diameter.

They can be distributed to the manager, players and officials as the club see fit, as long as every player who has made at least five Premier League appearances during the title-winning season gets one.

Additional medals may only be presented with the consent of the Premier League Board, and that will only be granted if more than 39 players have made at least five PL appearances during the campaign.

Hopefully 40 medals solve the problem, but the rules for an automatic qualification are neither cool nor good.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
surprised ashley didn't sack him tbh

https://twitter.com/NUFC/status/1543187834462523392?s=20&t=nyvDq-aOf1Ofj5Cevk2Eig

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/goal/status/1543258232109649923

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Makes sense, a player of his stature appearing in the Europa League would just be too gauche.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://twitter.com/Dan_KP/status/1543959302544703488

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
International player playing in London

https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/1543988361957867522?t=ZH1n0pNxtGmfKSuyVbGh1Q&s=19

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Late 20's and probably an Arsenal, Spurs or West Ham player if they live in Barnet.

Xhaka or Partey would be in that bracket.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Xhaka getting the ultimate red card

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Kinda gross to speculate imo. Less so on these dead gay forums, but like... Footballers are actual people who are all innocent til proven guilty, and it must be pretty nasty to see loads of people on Twitter sagely reckoning that you're a rapist.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

The Perfect Element posted:

Kinda gross to speculate imo. Less so on these dead gay forums, but like... Footballers are actual people who are all innocent til proven guilty, and it must be pretty nasty to see loads of people on Twitter sagely reckoning that you're a rapist.

on the other hand, i kinda assume all professional sportspeople have done a sex crime of some sort

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Spoiler alert:

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

It was you.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

Hm, well, there are no reports that I showed up for training this morning. You might be right!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Hm, well, there are no reports that I showed up for training this morning. You might be right!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lol

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Arrested in Barnet does not mean "Lives in Barnet" I wouldn't think.

There's only 1 Chelsea suspect and he was at training yesterday and tweeting today.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Dudley posted:

Arrested in Barnet does not mean "Lives in Barnet" I wouldn't think.

There's only 1 Chelsea suspect and he was at training yesterday and tweeting today.

Why else would they be in Barnet though?

Maybe it was another footballer's house and there was a sex tape needing filmed.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

My uncle who works at Nintendo told me it was Jamie Tartt that did the raping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Looke posted:

My uncle who works at Nintendo told me it was Jamie Tartt that did the raping

Is Jamie Tartt coming to Super Smash?