Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Sorry, us AFCS posters are too inoffensive to even win that kind of award. I mean, look at me, I'm grindingly boring.

You know what, that's fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

a neat cape posted:

Dolphins twitter tells me that Tua is better though

Show me this. I cant believe it - most people I see are at the point of "YES WE GET IT WE MISSED"

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

a neat cape posted:

Dolphins twitter tells me that Tua is better though

A certain quarterback list published by a mutual acquaintance tells me that Joe is better than Herbie.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Amy Pole Her posted:

Show me this. I cant believe it - most people I see are at the point of "YES WE GET IT WE MISSED"

No one notable. Just seems like every time I see anything about Herbert it's always a guy with a Dolphins or Bengals avatar pointing out that he hasn't made the playoffs lol

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Amy Pole Her posted:

Buddy dont even start

Look at buddy when buddy don’t get up off the bench

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Kawalimus is the top afcn poster followed by Cavaro. If Pop Dog was still alive he'd have an argument.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

What do you think would happen if Deshaun Watson whenever he comes back runs a touchdown in and celebrates by doing to the happy baby yoga pose

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 25 minutes!

kiimo posted:

What do you think would happen if Deshaun Watson whenever he comes back runs a touchdown in and celebrates by doing to the happy baby yoga pose

lol

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

a neat cape posted:

No one notable. Just seems like every time I see anything about Herbert it's always a guy with a Dolphins or Bengals avatar pointing out that he hasn't made the playoffs lol

🤷‍♂️ Twitter? That cess pool It’s the opposite on FH forums and here

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Amy Pole Her posted:

🤷‍♂️ Twitter? That cess pool It’s the opposite on FH forums and here

I don't normally browse other teams fansites or forums but everyone at Bolts from the Blue are still just star struck by Herbert and like 50/50 on Staley

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

a neat cape posted:

I don't normally browse other teams fansites or forums but everyone at Bolts from the Blue are still just star struck by Herbert and like 50/50 on Staley

I'm not gonna lie, months later I still think about the anime schedule release now and then. The Chargers may have an owner who deserves to be thrown into the ocean and an ancient Spanish curse on the franchise, but their media teams are top-notch and, yes, Herbert is just really god drat cool.

Staley I don't know if I hold a solid opinion on yet but I extremely respect how aggressive he plays that team. Even when it blows up in his face it's eminently watchable football.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Yeah Staley is weird because his defenses seem to have underperformed, which is weird for a defensive coach. But on the other hand he goes for fourth downs like a bat out of heck and I love him for it.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
They’re just a lovable, watchable football team all around, even if/when it blows up in chargers’s fashion. Bless herbie for that week 18 game and I’m rooting for a herbie/burrow afcc

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
If the Chargers got a new owner and moved back to San Diego they'd probably be the most lovable team to casual non-AFC West fans.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

kiimo posted:

I googled that without seeing the typo and was very confused at how NFL celebrations were evolving for a second

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

kiimo posted:

Deshaun's specialty Is Downward Dog

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

https://twitter.com/Clint_torris7/status/1543072183521607680?s=20&t=RIKeC4aY2GeDuCy0CbeCRA

e: oh my god the responses are amazing

https://twitter.com/foster_type/status/1542920682379640835?s=20&t=RIKeC4aY2GeDuCy0CbeCRA

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

gently caress, boomers are learning how to be ironic on Twitter

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Nosre posted:

I googled that without seeing the typo and was very confused at how NFL celebrations were evolving for a second

Was it a typo? One of the recent suits against Watson alleges he would do this pose during massage sessions. Except, you know, totally naked. And ask the therapist to rub the exposed area :yikes:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Docjowles posted:

Was it a typo? One of the recent suits against Watson alleges he would do this pose during massage sessions. Except, you know, totally naked. And ask the therapist to rub the exposed area :yikes:

He accidently googled "happy baby U pose" instead of "happy baby yoga pose"

That Watson allegedly did that is unfortunately very real

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/ChiSportUpdates/status/1543225729382481920

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Rip Chris Wesseling.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Doltos posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxManwfnCPs

This is the most eerily accurate hindsight scouting I've ever seen

The comments on this are great cause you see a flurry of people talking poo poo after game 1 and then, well

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I've been getting more into the NBA recently, and something I'm wondering: could NFL teams trade draft picks like NBA teams do, where it's not conditional on snap count or whatever but instead conditional on where the pick falls in the round?

Like, "we're trading our 2024 1st-round pick to the Saints, but if it ends up being a top-16 pick, then it's protected and moves to 2025. Then in 2025, if it's a top-12 pick, it's protected and moves to 2026. Then in 2026, if it's a top-8 pick, it's protected and moves to 2027" and so on.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I can’t recall an NFL trade ever doing protected draft picks like the NBA or NHL do.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Protected future draft picks are cowardly and should be banned

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

surf rock posted:

I've been getting more into the NBA recently, and something I'm wondering: could NFL teams trade draft picks like NBA teams do, where it's not conditional on snap count or whatever but instead conditional on where the pick falls in the round?

Like, "we're trading our 2024 1st-round pick to the Saints, but if it ends up being a top-16 pick, then it's protected and moves to 2025. Then in 2025, if it's a top-12 pick, it's protected and moves to 2026. Then in 2026, if it's a top-8 pick, it's protected and moves to 2027" and so on.

Yes, they are allowed to do this. They never do in practice.

It's like how when doing a contract for a QB, they could just set the out years as a percentage of cap. It would make more sense for both the teams and the player, but nobody does it.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Instead of protecting teams from sacrificing high draft picks, instead protect draft picks should be defined to protect draft prospects from being drafted to certain teams. It's hosed up that the Jets and Jags are constantly drafting and ruining so many top five prospects on a yearly basis.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Protected future draft picks are cowardly and should be banned

Agreed, keep that poo poo in basketball. Football is high variance. If you hosed up, you don't deserve the pick.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

MrLogan posted:

Yes, they are allowed to do this. They never do in practice.

It's like how when doing a contract for a QB, they could just set the out years as a percentage of cap. It would make more sense for both the teams and the player, but nobody does it.

I dont think this kind if arrangement would make more sebse for the teams

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Forrest on Fire posted:

Agreed, keep that poo poo in basketball. Football is high variance. If you hosed up, you don't deserve the pick.

I don't think it should be a thing in basketball either. It's a cowardly option select

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Nodoze posted:

I don't think it should be a thing in basketball either. It's a cowardly option select

The reason I'm fine with basketball doing it is there are only two rounds. The draft functions differently at the top and bottom of the first in a way the NFL doesn't necessarily.

It's definitely cowardly. The Wolves got that dawg in them

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Illegal Hen
On the other hand I love how NBA players are copying their NFL brethren by demanding trades after only one year of a multi-year deal.

Watching the Nets completely implode was :discourse:.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Android Apocalypse posted:

On the other hand I love how NBA players are copying their NFL brethren by demanding trades after only one year of a multi-year deal.

Watching the Nets completely implode was :discourse:.

Details for people that don't follow basketball?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

A big flaming stink posted:

Details for people that don't follow basketball?

The nets got 2 notoriously douche star players (Durant and Kyrie)with 1 wanting a trade (Durant) now that they've failed after being nothing but catered to. Durant wants Kyrie traded to the team he goes to as well.

Durants preferred destinations all made playoff runs this year and the Nets are completely gutted from getting/catering to those 2.

Edit for the extra kicker: the FA and trade market were reportedly paused once Durant put his request out then it went forward anyway when he said Kyrie needs to come with.

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jul 2, 2022

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Illegal Hen
Don't forget that the Nets had fellow team-killer James Harden on them for a hot minute too before being shipped to the 76'ers (who also didn't get far in the playoffs either).

All right enough NBA talk in an NFL thread.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Lebron has never demanded a trade fyi

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1543301791495880704

https://twitter.com/usopen/status/1543302483241566214

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I would like to thank Something Awful in the early 2000s for teaching me how quickly a joke can go stale. People saying "not a sport" feels like someone saying "first!" in a chat thread on Aint It Cool News at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

kiimo posted:

I would like to thank Something Awful in the early 2000s for teaching me how quickly a joke can go stale. People saying "not a sport" feels like someone saying "first!" in a chat thread on Aint It Cool News at this point

I can’t believe people still use sportsball unironically