Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Stare-Out posted:

And now the stream ended right in the middle of the trailer.

Yeah they seemed to specifically have trouble with the videos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Nobody has been talking about the toy making event, but on the off chance that anyone here is doing it and they want the special owl robot, I found a way that worked for me: 3 fruits + 2 flowers, all hydro, 2 slimes + 1 specter.

Don't know if it's guaranteed since I only wanted 1 robot, but I did manage to get it in a single try.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

MoonCrab posted:

Nobody has been talking about the toy making event, but on the off chance that anyone here is doing it and they want the special owl robot, I found a way that worked for me: 3 fruits + 2 flowers, all hydro, 2 slimes + 1 specter.

Don't know if it's guaranteed since I only wanted 1 robot, but I did manage to get it in a single try.

I'll try this, but it may just be random

Kale
May 14, 2010

MoonCrab posted:

I haven't really started it yet cause I've been busy and there's lots of time but I figure I can get going on it tomorrow.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

MoonCrab posted:

sadly it's completely random. The event tells you the recipes for all the variations and the special ones don't have one.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

The toy making event only working with pyro/hydro/electro reactions is a fun hint about dendro (though we've already had it spoiled heh)

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the side events this patch have been kind of a letdown, though with the drum one it's half because pc controls are rear end

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

dogsicle posted:

the side events this patch have been kind of a letdown, though with the drum one it's half because pc controls are rear end

I feel like the patterns don't even match the music but I didn't bother doing the songs on the hardest difficulty

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I feel like the patterns don't even match the music but I didn't bother doing the songs on the hardest difficulty

i feel like that's a common quality for low difficulty in rhythm games, having fewer notes so the pattern can feel off. the issue was more just, relative to the other events this one is fully mobile game styled. so there's a level of awkwardness when playing on pc...which they end up mitigating by having the usual lenient reward structure and making even the hardest difficulty song generally pay out even if you suck. but the other issue i'd say it has is just weird implementation of its story, since that's mostly given via interacting with random objects on the beach and it ends abruptly without further appearances from Itto/Shinobu/etc.

muddy adventure redoes the spike event but doesn't add anything more than the existing chasm gimmicks, yawn. truly awful and pointless writing as well.

toy event has i think fun map-scouring gameplay (kinda like the photo/poem event from Irodori) but the event story doesn't do much to justify itself until the Fontaine lore at the end. i'm also not a big fan of putting boss kills in as one of the core requirements. the time gating is kind of bad too, since the event seems to conclude on day 3 and then completely changes the event menus, but you can't actually interact with any of that stuff until waiting another day.

thankfully i can just chalk these up to lockdown issues for the time being. sure, next patch has the forced co-op bs but otherwise seems okay and by 3.0 i won't care in the face of having a whole new region.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Oh yeah, and another thing. At least for the recipe collection stage, you don't have to kill any bosses. You can also kill eyes of the storm. There are 2 of them a bit north of the mt aocang teleport point in northwestern liyue. I was able to get that owl pretty quickly lol

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i remember i used to have those marked, as if i would farm eyes daily for the 1.2k mora they each drop or w/e. will probably end up there at some point since they are less annoying than some bosses, but i've been taking down the ones i actually like to fight so far.

my new complaint is i think you still have to collect everything in the same order? it would be nice if i could free-form fill up the collector when i come across say, a random electro crystal during my flower collection.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Maybe I'm just a weirdo but I actually had an easier time on PC than mobile for the drum event :saddowns:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Sumeru looks gorgeous. I personally am more interested in the desert half but I'm still super excited to go jungle exploring.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I hope the forests are nice and dense and really feel like a jungle, it would couple nicely with the desert parts. At the very least I hope we don't get the awkward verticality of Inazuma. I miss the open plains of Mondstadt, honestly.

But yeah, it looks pretty sweet so far. And the map is pretty gigantic too.

Kale
May 14, 2010

dogsicle posted:

i feel like that's a common quality for low difficulty in rhythm games, having fewer notes so the pattern can feel off. the issue was more just, relative to the other events this one is fully mobile game styled. so there's a level of awkwardness when playing on pc...which they end up mitigating by having the usual lenient reward structure and making even the hardest difficulty song generally pay out even if you suck. but the other issue i'd say it has is just weird implementation of its story, since that's mostly given via interacting with random objects on the beach and it ends abruptly without further appearances from Itto/Shinobu/etc.

muddy adventure redoes the spike event but doesn't add anything more than the existing chasm gimmicks, yawn. truly awful and pointless writing as well.

toy event has i think fun map-scouring gameplay (kinda like the photo/poem event from Irodori) but the event story doesn't do much to justify itself until the Fontaine lore at the end. i'm also not a big fan of putting boss kills in as one of the core requirements. the time gating is kind of bad too, since the event seems to conclude on day 3 and then completely changes the event menus, but you can't actually interact with any of that stuff until waiting another day.

thankfully i can just chalk these up to lockdown issues for the time being. sure, next patch has the forced co-op bs but otherwise seems okay and by 3.0 i won't care in the face of having a whole new region.

The Drum one ending with "Well looks like Itto-Anikis in jail again folks" and thats just it was the odd writing choice to me. The events not featuring named characters are often pretty hit or miss with some quippy Paimon dialogue being the highlight half the time.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm calling ya'll out, how obsessed are you?

https://twitter.com/itsssMeiii/status/1538519077094043648

Also check this thing out if you're new/ a low Adventure Rank

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Diluc's Skin In-Game

Diluc Skin New Idle

Damnit now I kind of actually do want the skin. It actually looks really great.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

All of them, except the reads dialogue thing sometimes.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Bruh why did you have to post that cursed thing in here

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
imagine having more than 2 solvent

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

let's see, what are the fun ones to expand:
Complete Standard 5 - Still missing Keqing
Archon Trio - Still regret the Raiden and Engulfing Lightning pulls
5* Signature Weapon - Diluc, Xiao, Hu Tao, Raiden, Venti(?)
BP Weapons - I lied, I don't have a Solar Pearl oops
100% Exploration - incomplete overworld Chasm 😢
Crowned a Character - Itto burst + NA, Gorou skill, Yelan burst, Albedo skill, Ayato skill, Bennett burst, Xiangling burst, Xingqiu burst
Characters with Max Friendship - 43/45
Triple Crowned a Character - Diluc
Play Everyday - good amounts of 2.2 and 2.4 were login-only since i had Welkins to run out
Reads Dialogues - you can disqualify me if skimming isn't reading, though i try to give every quest/event some benefit of the doubt at first
500+ Achievements - 542
Dream Solvent in Inventory - 70!
100+ Wishes for a Banner - Itto and Ayato banners, have another 100+ for Sumeru atm

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Xun posted:

Bruh why did you have to post that cursed thing in here

I thought it was accurate! Is it not? My memory of early game is absolutely shot and I can't just start a new profile on PS4 to get first-hand experience and remind myself how it works.

padijun posted:

imagine having more than 2 solvent

Solvent isn't common for everyone? I have 90 of them and it was only for like 7 weeks that they stopped dropping regularly.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

I thought it was accurate! Is it not? My memory of early game is absolutely shot and I can't just start a new profile on PS4 to get first-hand experience and remind myself how it works.

That exact chart started an enormous hours long argument in the discord yesterday :v:

tl;dr the general idea is mostly ok (the ordering of improvements for each stage is debatable though) but the numbers are completely, 100% made up

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
Any advice for killing the 3 Abyss mages that protect the Princess box on Dragonspire? Killing all 3 in a minute seems impossible. Currently running a Yelan freeze team, but I've tried other team comps and still don't really come close.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
It's been a while since I've done that one, but multiple abyss mages usually call for kiting them into one spot and then Anemo to break all their shields.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

RareAcumen posted:

Solvent isn't common for everyone? I have 90 of them and it was only for like 7 weeks that they stopped dropping regularly.

I usually kill 2-3 domain bosses/week and I've never had more than 6 solvent at once

e: I just looked and I have 19 a6 characters, 18 crowned skills

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The Finn posted:

Any advice for killing the 3 Abyss mages that protect the Princess box on Dragonspire? Killing all 3 in a minute seems impossible. Currently running a Yelan freeze team, but I've tried other team comps and still don't really come close.

Swirl is usually a good way to take care of them, especially if they're all conflicting elements. I can't remember what they are but if it's Dragonspine they're all cryo? Try to swirl pyro on them to wreck their shields and kill them however you want.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

The Finn posted:

Is this by the sword?

If it is, there’s trick to swim across the water and use amber’s ult/bow. Her charged attacks rapidly deplete their shields, her ult hits multiple times, and there’s a section across the water where the grass catches on fire and depletes their shields that way.

Or ask in discord. I did it in multiplayer when they had multiplayer events in dragonspine. Those were fun

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
70 solvent as well here. You are limited by weekly mats for a quite a while starting off but I always kept 2 of each weekly material before converting anything. Avoids the trap of converting all of X->Y and then be converting Y->X later. I definitely used solvent a lot and it does take a long time to reach the point where your talents aren't limited by weekly boss drops.

It's not bad advice keep a little of each material before converting so you avoid wasting solvent, but also something anyone can safely ignore. You can save more solvents in the long run by holding off, but in the long run you'll have all the solvents you need so saving them doesn't matter.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!

The Finn posted:

That's the encounter with 3 cryo mages, right?

A freeze team isn't going to do much against cryo abyss mage shields.
You kind of need pyro to break their shields quickly. Xiangling is pretty good at destroying their shields if you have Pyronado up as well.
Ambers burst downs them immediately as well, but a lot of people don't like playing her, so you might not have her levelled. Not sure whether she gets a penalty if she's underlevelled, but you could potentially sacrifice a slot just to have her down one of them with her burst.
Ambers charge attacks are also relatively strong against cryo shields, although Bennett has the same benefit with his press skill.

I think Noelle under her burst isn't terrible for those as an alternative, due to claymore shield breaking + geo, but it's not really optimal either.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

Zwiebel posted:

Ambers burst downs them immediately as well, but a lot of people don't like playing her, so you might not have her levelled. Not sure whether she gets a penalty if she's underlevelled, but you could potentially sacrifice a slot just to have her down one of them with her burst.
Ambers charge attacks are also relatively strong against cryo shields, although Bennett has the same benefit with his press skill.
I've been using L27 Amber on daily commissions at WL8 and her burst does crazy elemental application that destroys cryo mage elemental shields. There are level-scaling penalties to damage and reaction damage but not elemental application AFAIK

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Xun posted:

Maybe I'm just a weirdo but I actually had an easier time on PC than mobile for the drum event :saddowns:

My issue with the drum event on PS4 was less controls being bad and more the UI layout being rear end. Maybe it would have fine on a smaller screen, but on my tv it's pretty bad

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Sanctum posted:

70 solvent as well here. You are limited by weekly mats for a quite a while starting off but I always kept 2 of each weekly material before converting anything. Avoids the trap of converting all of X->Y and then be converting Y->X later. I definitely used solvent a lot and it does take a long time to reach the point where your talents aren't limited by weekly boss drops.

It's not bad advice keep a little of each material before converting so you avoid wasting solvent, but also something anyone can safely ignore. You can save more solvents in the long run by holding off, but in the long run you'll have all the solvents you need so saving them doesn't matter.

I've just been having prototype gaining issues like everyone but solvents have been dropping pretty consistently to the point that I thought you just regularly got them nearly every world boss fight like element fragments. And that's with me finally making an effort to actually start fighting them every week about 3 months after I started :v:

Kale
May 14, 2010

The Finn posted:

That was one of the hardest challenges I ever did in the game tbh. I think what I did was get to about level 60 or 70 and drop the world level to the lowest level I could and used Xiangling and Diluc to take care of them. They will also eventually teleport to you if you wait in place long enough making you avoid having to go out to far and risk falling into the water. Also having the 3 Red Seelie torches lit or Goulash unlocked and popping one is kind of a must at lower levels. Maybe even some Attack/DEF food. Yanfei is also probably good if you want to be able to Attack from a distance as is obviously Yoimiya who is probably the ideal character for that challenge but I figure you probably dont have her. She'll be available again shortly though if you want to wait. My one buddy that mains her slapped a sacrificial bow on her for the challenge and boom easy peasy in his run through Dragonspine

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

The Finn posted:

Freeze teams are not great against abyss mages -- you need to use the elements that their shields are actually weak to if you want to kill them in any reasonable amount of time.

Which elements are those 3? I assume they're doing the 1-fire-1-ice-1-water thing, so you need to bring a water character to break the fire shield, a fire character to break the ice shield, and an ice or electro character to beat the water shield (but water shields don't have real weaknesses and still take way longer to break than the other elements even with the "right" matching weaknesses for some reason).
You probably have time to brute force through the hydro shield if you bring hydro & pyro characters to beat the pyro & ice shields, since those elements melt through their shields really fast. Although it still depends on which character you bring as some can apply their elements a lot faster than others.

Or you can bait their movement until they all get close together and use a character like Sucrose or Anemo MC. Their multi-hitting anemo effects cause swirl reactions from all 3 shields which will cause a big ugly element soup that can quickly melt through all three.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Sanctum posted:

I've been using L27 Amber on daily commissions at WL8 and her burst does crazy elemental application that destroys cryo mage elemental shields. There are level-scaling penalties to damage and reaction damage but not elemental application AFAIK

Correct the Application is set by the attack being used and nothing else matters about it. So lvl 1 Amber will break a Shield just as fast as a 90.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
The island one is 2 cyro and a hydro, so the answer's still "use pyro on them," but you can at least freeze the water guy if you swirl. I'm afraid my answer to that challenge was probalby "fischl and hu tao," which probably isn't terribly helpful. Bringing amber along solely to tear down the shields is probably your best bet, along with paying attention to where the hydro guy is so you don't get stuck in a bubble/wet and then waste a ton of time getting unstuck. (And of course, waiting for wet to wear off before starting it if you can; I don't remember if there's a way to the island without swimming, nor do I remember if those guys just pop up when you walk up to the tree or if you had to activate something there).

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

The Finn posted:

As already mentioned this is one of the most absurd fights in the game right now due to how they're spread out and the short time limit. The safest way is to bring one of Venti/Sucrose/Kazuha, hope they all teleport close to you early on, and then just obliterate their shields with swirls. Failing that, you'll want to have a character that quickly counters all three shields. Definitely pop your best food and potions (if not here then when?) and lower the world level if it's too frustrating. This won't make it faster to break the shields but it'll reduce the damage being thrown at you.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
If you have a way to yeet the mages into the water after their shields break, you can also save some time

It was a long time ago for me, but I'm pretty sure Xinyan was the Pyro I used for 90% of Dragonspine when it was released. She's pretty good in that encounter because of how much AoE Pyro she can apply quickly

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jul 3, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
Oh hell yeah thank you for all that info. I put together a vaporize superteam, which includes Amber. I failed but came closer. I'll cycle Xinyan into the team next, her burst does own for this. I'll also give my anemo traveler a try and see if I can't get lucky on a swirl.

Re: buffs, I've been doing atk/def food and then pyro buff/cryo debuff potions. From a lifetime of playing crpg's I instinctively want to hit Save somehow before I touch the sword. Save/Load before a tough fight is burned into my brain like the screen on an amber monitor.