Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the pausening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

argh i gotta take care of something so will miss the first half hour of wind waker

that's by far the worst part of every wind waker run anyway so not that big a deal imo

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
The best part of wind waker speed runs is that we get to see a ton of link's best outfit

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

back in time for a zombie hover hooray

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

man i really wanna play wind waker again, wish they'd bring it to switch already

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Yeah, I was just thinking that! Can't be arsed to drag my wii u out from under the bed.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Just ZOOP through the barrier

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Just rolling up the wall.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

aryll just floats away backwards, sure why not

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Bird.exe has encountered an error

Genthil
Sep 24, 2007

Ah yes, parkour.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

link just drops dead standing next to tetra while she stares stoically forward

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Just a casual 50 step system to go out of bounds to skip this barrier.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I wonder if when this category started people intended it to be the one where the game was mostly played 'normally'.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Internet Kraken posted:

I wonder if when this category started people intended it to be the one where the game was mostly played 'normally'.

the only speedrun category for any zelda game anyone plays intending to play anything close to normal is glitchless

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

there's just something about zelda games where there's always some unintentionally hilariously broken poo poo lurking behind the curtain, sort of like how every 2D castlevania seems to assume no one will ever figure out how to break out of bounds and lets you go absolutely hog wild if you can

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I don't see them pause buffering the super swims anymore, is there some new tech? I missed the beginning of the run.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Vermain posted:

there's just something about zelda games where there's always some unintentionally hilariously broken poo poo lurking behind the curtain, sort of like how every 2D castlevania seems to assume no one will ever figure out how to break out of bounds and lets you go absolutely hog wild if you can

Most games fall apart at the seams if you managed to peel back the duct tape holding it together

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Agent355 posted:

I don't see them pause buffering the super swims anymore, is there some new tech? I missed the beginning of the run.

You only have to pause buffer the first one. Once you get the Wind Waker you can do a glitch, by falling off a ledge and pulling it out, to get the camera locked so you can just hold down to charge it up.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Internet Kraken posted:

Most games fall apart at the seams if you managed to peel back the duct tape holding it together

very few of them seem to be so consistently breakable as these titles, though that might be confirmation bias caused by nintendo titles generally being absurdly popular and thus having more hands picking things apart

Genthil
Sep 24, 2007

"lol" said Gannondorf, "lmao."

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Genthil posted:

"lol" said Gannondorf, "lmao."

:hai:

Linkus runs are always a great watch.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Here is something you can't understand
How Link could just kill a man

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
That was a really solid run.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

wind waker is a great game and a great speedgame and a great gdq game

Musical_Daredevil
Dec 23, 2008

Need some backup NOW!
That run was incredible.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Holy poo poo iggyzig can say MSF properly, that's a flex.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

"you need to pace yourselves"

"NO!"

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

this will be a thing

Genthil
Sep 24, 2007

This'll be a huge nostalgia trip. I had SMAS and SMW as separate cartridges but they were the first games I ever saw. I remember my Mom and Uncle playing them as a lil' babby.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

Genthil posted:

This'll be a huge nostalgia trip. I had SMAS and SMW as separate cartridges but they were the first games I ever saw. I remember my Mom and Uncle playing them as a lil' babby.

It's an ACE run, so don't expect a lot of familiarity :P

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
DwangoAC putting his fleshy, human fingers on a controller.

This is gonna be something alright.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

oh just 74 ACE executions, no biggie

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

ketchup mario is my favorite power up

Genthil
Sep 24, 2007

Bremen posted:

It's an ACE run, so don't expect a lot of familiarity :P

What do you mean? I totally remember tomato Mario immediately mounting Yoshis that just popped into existence!

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
I'm a fan of Green Goblin Mario myself.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
I don't understand any of this but I know it owns.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO2RPDZkY88

Edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHIo6qwJarI

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genthil
Sep 24, 2007

:frogon: