Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
She's done for the event, which is good for her she seems wiped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

it's online???? well ok

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Mario64, lets go!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Oh dear, online huh

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

it's online???? well ok

yeah i'm surprised here too, but i'll still take it

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

in the case of superhot vr i think it would be an online run so it is very understandable they'd not re-add that, you'd want all the last-day runs to be on-site

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

it's online???? well ok

:smuggo:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Your av is cute, where is it from

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

really hate the flaccid "lets goooooo :geno:" that has become a thing and i hope its dead by the next GDQ.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I have no problem with online runs at all, but it's clear there's some audio issues here. I'm not sure everybody can hear everybody else lol.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
mario be schmoovin

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Agent355 posted:

I have no problem with online runs at all, but it's clear there's some audio issues here. I'm not sure everybody can hear everybody else lol.

Yeah the audio lag and cross-talk are kind of ruining this.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Agent355 posted:

Yeah, very bold to have two co-commentators lol

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

mandatory lesbian posted:

The netflix Castlevania series.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Hunt11 posted:

The netflix Castlevania series.

Omg im so dumb i even watched it

Shes less cute in the show and also usually covered in blood and dirt in my defense

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

this is a good run and all but having an online run at this point in the marathon feels deflating

i want them to stay in gdq in the future but maybe not in the final few hours

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

mandatory lesbian posted:

The quote/person is from the Castlevania anime. The exact image was posted in one of the old speed run threads, I'm not sure exactly where it came from.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

SimpMom

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

this is a good run and all but having an online run at this point in the marathon feels deflating

i want them to stay in gdq in the future but maybe not in the final few hours

We get it, you hate online runs. Also anyone who doesn't like pokemon.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I don't really feel like online runs or in person runs have a different vibe. Especially when they have an audience mic, it's all the same to me.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Yeah, I think this one is going just fine, they just needed to sync up.

What are the audience seeing? Is this projected on a screen?

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Yeah, the audio hiccups are fixed and now things are going really well. Good commentary and vibe.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

this is a lot better now that the audio is fixed

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Flesnolk posted:

Yeah, I think this one is going just fine, they just needed to sync up.

What are the audience seeing? Is this projected on a screen?

All the runs get shown on a big screen AFAIK otherwise the crowd wouldn't be able to see the runs in the first place

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Bring back the basement and have the entire audience crowd around a little box tv like the good ole days.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

balls

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Are the audience clapping for the Star fanfare again? :lol:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Cernunnos posted:

Are the audience clapping for the Star fanfare again? :lol:

how could they not

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

SM64 movement is so buttery smooth when done by somebody this good. It's an incredibly awkward game to control for casuals but you wouldn't know it watching something like this.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
God he makes it look easy lol

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

intentional bonk, lmao

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Agent355 posted:

SM64 movement is so buttery smooth when done by somebody this good. It's an incredibly awkward game to control for casuals but you wouldn't know it watching something like this.

I do love the swagger, they know how good it is.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Speedrunning is when you clap for coin scatter RNG.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Agent355 posted:

This is rank historical revisionism. When released, Mario 64's fluidity of control was why it was a massive popular genre-defining success. Mario 64's controls are always good, at every level of play.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

DoctorWhat posted:

This is rank historical revisionism. When released, Mario 64's fluidity of control was why it was a massive popular genre-defining success. Mario 64's controls are always good, at every level of play.

Wrong bucko, bc im bad at it (im bad at all platformers)

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

DoctorWhat posted:

eh

replaying it on the switch collection gave me a lot of moments of frustration where making a small adjustment would have mario doing a weird half circle turn and throwing himself off the small ledge I was on

Don't get me wrong, it was amazing for the time, and is probably by no means "bad" but again, I had a lot of control related frustrations doing a casual 120.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
If you're bad at Mario you hate Italian people

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Mario 64's control is much like SMB's control: it's still pretty good, especially when ranked against its peers, but clearly it's been refined since then.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

suck it you jerk penguin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Oxyclean posted:

suck it you jerk penguin

The baby is cute tho