Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

why are her hands so small

She has Trump genes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

why are her hands so small

hands are expe

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Do you find something comical about her hands?
They were the largest hands she could afford.

>:( I was going to make that joke.

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

:haw: :v: :ohdear: :cool:

coolusername posted:

Eh, I knew it was a bad fit for the thread

:wrong:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
New Adventures of the Duck Avenger

I think Angus' conclusion is meant to come off as spurious, but honestly, it's not that unreasonable to suspect something is afoot when you discover a massive cache of WMDs that happen to clearly be part of the Duck Avenger's arsenal. The Duckmobile sports a custom paintjob, but I'm pretty sure we've seen that ED when One's recommissioned a submarine or battlesuit for the issue's plot obstacle.

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."

coolusername posted:

Eh, I knew it was a bad fit for the thread

i mean you're not wrong, it doesn't appear to be absolute garbage

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mr. Sunshine posted:

Nah man keep postin, Bride's Story looks sick AF. I just think it's hilarious that the artist spends twelve hours getting a fold in a character's intricate clothing just right, and then their mouth is literally a circle with a line through it for teeth.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
lmao why is the dude in front just a anime egg

obviously this artist can't draw for poo poo

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

I'm the Muppet Statler in the lower right, throwing down with some sick kung-fu moves

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

let's have a great comic that we all agree has fantastic art and storytelling

you liked owl comic, you got on well with thorsby, so now it's time to take the best elements of both, with...

Lore Olympus!

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Oh god, Webtoon formatting is the worst

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

One punch man and mob psycho 100 both rate posting in this thread.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

you liked owl comic, you got on well with thorsby, so now it's time to take the best elements of both, with...

Lore Olympus!

wizard master, the gauntlet has been thrown

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
You know what has the correct amount of detail or whatever you nerds were arguing about? Hell was Full does

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Lore Olympus!

You monster.
It's super fun comparing the first image in LO with where it ends up, with identical pointy-nosed faces scrawled on purple and orange blobs floating against a blank background

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Been posting infrequently because of travel. Hopefully things will settle down soon

Stand Still. Stay Silent

Liar

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Tenebrais posted:

Oh god, Webtoon formatting is the worst

Especially when it gets compressed for the physical book releases

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

Success!

At the end of the story, the cat's real uncle reveals a perverse desire to see himself killed.

I grew up not knowing the difference between Steve Miller and Steely Dan, both of whom I assumed were solo artists.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Lore Olympus!
no

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I've seen the book and it's the dumbest looking thing I've ever seen.

e: My 2 least favorite comics, the 2 comics I never want to be, even if it meant being successful, are Lore Olympus, and The Legacy of Dominic Deagan.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

No comic is a bad fit here, lol at gatekeeping them

I do not know what lore Olympus is but I guess keep posting it if you want

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Lore Olympus!

you son of a bitch

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I hope that's not how I came across, I love to hate them. I want everyone to share in my spite. Revel in people having true skill, and just loving pissing it away to keep a regular posting schedule, rather than just posting when it's done.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Boba Pearl posted:

I've seen the book and it's the dumbest looking thing I've ever seen.

e: My 2 least favorite comics, the 2 comics I never want to be, even if it meant being successful, are Lore Olympus, and The Legacy of Dominic Deagan.

Hey now, the original Dominic Deegan was also terrible

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
True, but it lacked vagina afros, making it a tiny bit better. I know that sounds like I'm dissing a natural cut, but I'm not, it's the weirdest pube cut you've ever seen.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Should I know what lore Olympus is? First time hearing about it but it sounds like it has a reputation?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Boba Pearl posted:

I hope that's not how I came across, I love to hate them. I want everyone to share in my spite. Revel in people having true skill, and just loving pissing it away to keep a regular posting schedule, rather than just posting when it's done.

oh no i mean

ok here's the thing, people are gonna post comics they like and some people don't like them, and i believe it's good for people to also discuss what they like and don't like about them. there's some ribbing of the less-than-detailed manga faces but the thread went in a bit of an unironic "actually all anime/manga is bad" tangent and that's a bit above and beyond so let's not go that far next time. also i mean stand still stay silent also got its fair share of complaints that the artstyle is gorgeous but everyone has almost identical faces. and i was one of the people who was not into the property of hate at all but people do enjoy them. we have a bunch of lurkers who look at these comics too

so yeah comics are good, criticism is good, just stay balanced y'all

ultimately all comics are okay

i think

[someone posts an unfunny fetish comic in response]

sigh some comics are not okay

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

All I know about Lore Olympus is that this thread hates it and my wife likes it.

I have to divorce my wife don't I?

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I can tell you we have nearly 2k lurkers. Each comic in this thread gets 2k unique ip views. I think, I'm still not sure I'm reading the logs right.

Boba Pearl has a new favorite as of 04:20 on Jul 3, 2022

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I refresh a lot, hoping for new Nedroids

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Captain Hygiene posted:

I refresh a lot, hoping for new Nedroids

I imagine that's how the SETI researchers feel, only for the nedroid site instead of a vast array of radio telescopes. Every morning you query the system; and you know there won't be a signal, but there's still that tiny maddening spark of hope that this is the day it all happens, the day you finally get a signal from Out There. Or a new Beartato halloween comic

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I went to look up the nedroid guys twitter and almost typed in "fools infinite twitter"

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Tree Bucket posted:

I imagine that's how the SETI researchers feel, only for the nedroid site instead of a vast array of radio telescopes. Every morning you query the system; and you know there won't be a signal, but there's still that tiny maddening spark of hope that this is the day it all happens, the day you finally get a signal from Out There. Or a new Beartato halloween comic

Sometimes you get a Wow!, but on further examination it turns out to be a repost of a sketch from 2015

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

Should I know what lore Olympus is? First time hearing about it but it sounds like it has a reputation?

Lore Olympus is the most popular comic on Webtoon. It’s a retelling of the story of Hades and Persephone. It’s so popular that they started printing a physical version, the first volume of which sold incredibly well. The bookstore I work has received at least four whole boxes of the second volume… I fear for when it hits the shelves.

I haven’t read it myself but it’s popularity is incredibly noteworthy

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Sorry, I messed up, it's 2k unique ips (sometimes 3k, some people only check once every few weeks I think) this thread, 1k unique ips the BYOB thread 200 from my SA thread, Then another 1k from my site, though sometimes the site will spike up to 3k. Then another few hundred views and engagements on the tweets (though only 60 followers :(.)

I can't not track this information because every time you look at an image, you have to download it, and there isn't a server I know of that doesn't have ssl logs.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

thetoughestbean posted:

Lore Olympus is the most popular comic on Webtoon. It’s a retelling of the story of Hades and Persephone. It’s so popular that they started printing a physical version, the first volume of which sold incredibly well. The bookstore I work has received at least four whole boxes of the second volume… I fear for when it hits the shelves.

I haven’t read it myself but it’s popularity is incredibly noteworthy

Thanks so much for the response and info! Yeah I'm not too big on the web toons thing so I tend to be ignorant on that side of the media :)

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Moon over June time

:sickos:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Len posted: