Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

...huh? Is that just a random TikTok with someone saying "lol, what if this was seen by the WoL from Final Fantasy 14 with the award-winning Heavensward expansion" or am I missing a connection?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

If only hildibrand could be as funny as le random tiktok, the path yoshida has chosen to walk with relics would be so much easier

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Hildy should do the Fortnite dance

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

put the manderville mambo in fortnite

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Bruceski posted:

...huh? Is that just a random TikTok with someone saying "lol, what if this was seen by the WoL from Final Fantasy 14 with the award-winning Heavensward expansion" or am I missing a connection?
I guess it's joking about people having weird minions and costumes in game but.... eh.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
*screams in atma books*

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Bruceski posted:

Note the mention about the echo

Basically "what if instead of Portentous Visions, the hero's superpower just went on shuffle mode for all of history's wildest antics."

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Having just recently started playing Fortnite I would spend maybe too much money on a FFXIV skinpack that let me shoot gun as FFXIV characters. Y'shtola, Emet-Selch, Tataru on Krile's shoulders, etc

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

The thing that gets me is that, from the point of this announcement, people have literal months to do the Hildibrand questline if they haven't already.

In totality - you're looking at less than 20 hours of total content to get there. And that's if you slowly take in every aspect of the each arc.

This is not some herculean task to do Hildibrand.

Hildibrand cutscene skippers should be permabanned. This is the hill I will die on. :colbert:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Zomborgon posted:

Note the mention about the echo

Basically "what if instead of Portentous Visions, the hero's superpower just went on shuffle mode for all of history's wildest antics."

Imagine having to see what happens on a typical day in Limsa at random points during the day.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I'm finally getting back to finishing Hildibrand and I don't know why I ever paused. God this is a treat.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

S.J. posted:

I'm finally getting back to finishing Hildibrand and I don't know why I ever paused. God this is a treat.

It's great but it's dense, I had to take breaks.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

ARR Hildi is pretty rough. If it weren't for the rewards and boss fights I don't think I'd have been able to soldier through it. HW and SB Hildi are great though.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Chillgamesh posted:

ARR Hildi is pretty rough. If it weren't for the rewards and boss fights I don't think I'd have been able to soldier through it. HW and SB Hildi are great though.

Yeah I ... think I'm SB now. Pretty sure. Ultros is here and lmao

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

S.J. posted:

Yeah I ... think I'm SB now. Pretty sure. Ultros is here and lmao

You’re still in ARR.

HW Hildibrand takes place mostly in Ishgard. StB Hildibrand is in Kugane/Othard.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

Imagine having to see what happens on a typical day in Limsa at random points during the day.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/756719396348756001/992913584734621716/surprised-italian-spiderman-2.mp4

E: phone posting is also a horror

Runa fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jul 2, 2022

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Mordiceius posted:

You’re still in ARR.

HW Hildibrand takes place mostly in Ishgard. StB Hildibrand is in Kugane/Othard.

holy poo poo I didn't realize, but I'm fine with that

I don't have any static stuff to do and I'm bored of doing dailies at the moment

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
That TikTok would work better if it used (late Stormblood) Fordola instead. Just all the awful random poo poo they were subjected to having to see after getting the Echo.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Roulettes have given me straight Hildibrand trials since the live letter.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Absolutely unbelievable that everyone on this page has spelled Hildibrand correctly.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Vargs posted:

Absolutely unbelievable that everyone on this page has spelled Hildibrand correctly.

Just means he knows how to build a brand

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Macaluso posted:

Having just recently started playing Fortnite

this is legally classified as a cry for help

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Robo Reagan posted:

this is legally classified as a cry for help

It's fun folks. I get to be Zendaya

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Why do only Steam players get a sale? This is outrageous. It's unfair.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Tank sets the pace 100% every time. If I had a dollar every time some impatient speed runner tried to blaze through a dungeon because they just want their dopamine hit from their roulette clear, I’d be a rich man. Behavior like that didn’t become widespread until a few months into stormblood, and the past 2 expansions with more new players has exacerbated the issue. I’ve played this game for almost 10 years and not once did I ever feel the need to seriously report someone for running ahead and causing poo poo until the second week of SHB. The second week. Actually got to talk to a GM and show everything. Drak is 1000% correct l, and if SE seriously punishes people for letting impatient customers layers die because they want to be selfish, then I’m dropping the game. Kneejerk reaction/opinion is that this won’t go over well with the player base.

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Hogama posted:

Tank sets the pace 100% every time. If I had a dollar every time some impatient speed runner tried to blaze through a dungeon because they just want their dopamine hit from their roulette clear, I’d be a rich man. Behavior like that didn’t become widespread until a few months into stormblood, and the past 2 expansions with more new players has exacerbated the issue. I’ve played this game for almost 10 years and not once did I ever feel the need to seriously report someone for running ahead and causing poo poo until the second week of SHB. The second week. Actually got to talk to a GM and show everything. Drak is 1000% correct l, and if SE seriously punishes people for letting impatient customers layers die because they want to be selfish, then I’m dropping the game. Kneejerk reaction/opinion is that this won’t go over well with the player base.

Source your quotes.

And what is this guy actually screaming about anyways? Not wanting to pull more than a single pack?

Roluth fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jul 3, 2022

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Hogama posted:

this is why i play war i don't need a healer

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

S.J. posted:

this is why i play war i don't need a healer

For as much as reddit healers bitch about healing they sure didn't like warriors telling them to piss off

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Roluth posted:

And what is this guy actually screaming about anyways? Not wanting to pull more than a single pack?
Seems to be a reaction to a video DrakGamestein (of NEST) put out about "You Pull It, You Tank It" and the idea that starting in 6.2 they will be punishing players for allowing someone who pulls more than desired/ahead of the tank to die to the mobs pulled, or something along those lines.

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016

I don't have much of a high opinion on The Steps of Faith, mainly because I can barely remember anything of it, even if it's recent. :shrug:

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Step used to be a wipe fest in ARR before it was nerfed and then slowly nerfed through potency creep over the years to the point where you didn't have to do the siege mechanics at all

Even though it was a conceptually cool fight, it definitely will not be missed

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
They wanted a big Monster Hunter siege fight, so what you're supposed to do is drag adds under the boss, have the cannons dropping the DoT puddle on the pack and otherwise peppering with normal shots (the stun shot is for the armored tortoise dragons like in Stone Vigil (Hard)) while someone kills the breakaway mobs that rush the cannons. One person needs to climb the tower to unleash the Dragonator on the boss when it's underneath the proper AOE point but after the first tower, it will dodge if it's not pinned down by the two Snares that are in front of the cannons in front of the towers.

That's basically it for the intended special mechanics, but after all the nerfs you can kind of just burst it with normal damage.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

God I have never seen a community react so badly to content that is so easy before. Way too much time and effort has been spent on Internet Discourse about normal dungeons.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Hellioning posted:

God I have never seen a community react so badly to content that is so easy before. Way too much time and effort has been spent on Internet Discourse about normal dungeons.

drat imagine if they saw all the poo poo they had to do to unlock ShB's relics.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I did those but I ended up not finishing the relic because there was a part where you had to go to Bozja to advance and I could never stand the grinding of fates and CEs to reach the required resistance rank.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Kwyndig posted:

I did those but I ended up not finishing the relic because there was a part where you had to go to Bozja to advance and I could never stand the grinding of fates and CEs to reach the required resistance rank.

What step was this because I'm pretty sure every step had an out of Bozja way to grind for it. They said they wanted to not do what they did with Eureka again.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

What step was this because I'm pretty sure every step had an out of Bozja way to grind for it. They said they wanted to not do what they did with Eureka again.
You have to complete CLL and DR (and unlock Zadnor) as part of the requirements to complete the weapon's questline, which does mean you need to at least achieve Resistance Rank 10.
You don't have to go further than that inside Bozja for the weapon, however.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

https://twitter.com/ShinoGreenbean/status/1543244563078434822

This but put the next relic behind 100% triple triad deck completion.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Mordiceius posted:

https://twitter.com/ShinoGreenbean/status/1543244563078434822

This but put the next relic behind 100% triple triad deck completion.

FF12 actually locked a weapon behind a fishing minigame so there's precedent!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

YoshiP gonna lock out the relic quests to anyone who put the twins' mom in the 2B pants.