Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

That DICK! posted:

you probably couldnt go to it because you were too scared. that's fine. but don't bring that poo poo in here.

oh i thought you were talking about the new movie for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Sadie Sink confirmed for goon

Usu Kai Ken
Oct 2, 2021

Cubone posted:

haha
I'm so happy right now

when this happened in the comics they didn't explain it either

people were having, I swear to god, it was almost this exact same conversation
"the scarlet witch? :raise: didn't she used to, like, knock filing cabinets over onto the x-men?"

lol that actually rules

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Street Fighter is basically a live-action G.I. Joe that just happens to have M. Bison instead of Cobra Commander. It's great.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Joe Smith or whoever made a GI Joe movie that was about robots and Michael Bay made a transformers movie about wise-cracking soldiers with sci-fi tech.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

stephenthinkpad posted:

I am watching SNW in random episode order. Digging the human cast and Spock so far, they seem real characters and the over world is pretty live in.

That white alien crew member is however look very ugly and fake.

I got to say, an uber luxurious ship really enhance the viewing experience.

BTW, is this Spock the same Spock in TNC or this is an alternate timeline?
SNW is prime timeline. It's set like 6-8 years before TOS.

billymumphrey
Mar 2, 2022

Sunk Dunk posted:

Of course I peed my pants! Everyone my age pees their pants it's the coolest!

Why am I not surprised you're lovingly quoting a movie about a middle aged man who hangs out with grade-schoolers...

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
With the MK vs SF movie, I think the behind the scenes stuff is the most interesting part of the SF movie.. JCVD doing mountains of coke and banging Kylie and thai ladyboys (I assume), while the incredibly wholesome and sad aspect that Raul Julia doing it as something for his kids before he dies :sigh:

MK has some pretty cool action scenes I recall, I was always more of a fan of the street fighter games but I had to admit the MK one was the better movie (for a preteen dork)

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

That DICK! posted:

you probably couldnt go to it because you were too scared. that's fine. but don't bring that poo poo in here.

colonelwest posted:

One day when I was a young child my father took me to see Mortal Combat. But early in the movie when Scorpion showed up, I got very frightened and peed myself. My father walked me out of the theater horribly ashamed of me and the giant wet spot on my pants. When we got into the car, he told me that I would never be a real man and he wished he had a better son.

To this day I still immediately and violently void my bladder whenever I see even a single clip from that movie.

these are the kinds of top quality posts that keeps our audience coming back for more

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

:siren: Ezra Miller (old) crime update :siren:

I didn't see this posted from thursday but lmao

The Article posted:

Few pop culture stories are more baffling than Ezra Miller’s current reign of apparent terror, which spans continents and threatens multiple billion-dollar film franchises. Following recent reports of alleged brainwashing and a farm full of guns (!!!), a new Variety piece explores additional accusations that occurred across Europe over the past two years.

The outlet published comments for the first time from the woman who Miller choked in a viral video from Iceland. Variety first spoke to this woman (who chose to remain anonymous) back in 2020, and she recently decided to go public with her comments.

She said that in the moments before the video, she had spoken with Miller about scars they’d gotten in a fight and joked, “[Just] so you know, I could take you in a fight,” before telling them to meet her in the smoking section in two minutes. “I think it’s just fun and games—but then it wasn’t. All of a sudden, [they’re] on top of me, choking me, still screaming in my face if I want to fight.”

When others attempted to intervene, Miller reportedly spit in their faces (disgusting regardless, but particularly troubling during the early days of COVID). A bartender who kicked Miller out that day said they had previously been a regular and was frequently asked to stop “lighting incense or candles” or “bringing in their own Bluetooth speaker and playing it super loud to overpower our music.”

Variety also spoke with a woman named Nadia, who had a consensual sexual encounter with Miller in 2020 and maintained a friendly texting relationship with them afterwards. Nadia says Miller surprised her with a visit in Berlin in February 2022, and their encounter quickly turned aggressive when she asked them not to smoke in her apartment.

The situation escalated and, in all honesty, reads like a conservative’s anti-“woke” fever dream. When Nadia asked them to leave, she said Miller called her “transphobic” and a “Nazi” and argued about which of them had more relatives die in the Holocaust.

Nadia said Miller also accused her of “triggering” them as a rape survivor and then accused her of assault. After she finally managed to expel Miller from the apartment, she said Miller accused Nadia of stealing their passport and money because they’d left their jacket behind.

Upsetting Miller stories are cropping up faster than anyone can wrap their heads around. (Rumors of a bar fight with Austin Butler are not true, according to TMZ.) A source told Variety Miller will be “privately [focusing] on their health and healing over the coming months,” so hopefully these incidents die down before someone else gets hurt or countries have to start closing their borders.

the fact that they just go places and start burning incense and setup a bluetooth speaker to crank their own tunes, just the cherry on the top of all this.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Iceland, Hawaii and now Japan. If you meet Ezra on an island, there's nowhere to run

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Ezra is going full street fighter. Can’t wait for them to tussle with a mutant in Brazil

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
Ezra Miller played a very weird sex pervert in City Island (2009) in case anybody wants to watch a supervillain origin story.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Thanks but I think this is funnier if I just never see a thing with them in it

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Aren't there charges for their arrest? E.g. maybe concentrating on healing isn't the most important thing right now

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
Ezra Miller rules

Usu Kai Ken
Oct 2, 2021
I wonder if they have CTE or something if they were regularly getting in fights to the point of having noticeable scars even back in 2020

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

MK had the johnny cage split-into-dick-punch, absolute crowd pleaser. still mark out if I see it happen

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Mortal Kombat announcer guy voice: Ezra Miller

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

“It’s Millerin Time!”

*Proceeds to beat up a random woman and then call her a transphobe

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Ezra Miller knocking out non-binary kids and extricating them using a Fulton Extraction to take them back to Mother Base where they will be trained to do supercrime.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

The Anime Liker posted:

Ezra Miller knocking out non-binary kids and extricating them using a Fulton Extraction to take them back to Mother Base where they will be trained to do supercrime.

Lmao god that was such an awesome game mechanic and one thing I wish was common in real life.

*attaches fulton device to a car I like* ~fwooooop~ mine now!

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
if ezra miller is a supervillain they're like the completely unhinged 70's cartoon type where they do stuff that makes no sense just to menace people
bringing incense candles and bluetooth speakers into the club and playing your own music to counter the club's music is the most hosed up and wizard-like behavior I've heard all week. I wouldn't even know what to say if somebody was doing that at my job where we don't play music or have patrons

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Regrettable posted:

SF sucks poo poo anytime Raul Julia isn't on-screen.

Gumball Rally was the same way. Not even Busey was fun.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

ezra miller pulling into a gas station:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kkc_Myyye20&t=11s

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

wait why did he drive up to the gas station then

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Cubone posted:

ezra miller pulling into a gas station:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kkc_Myyye20&t=11s

im loving dying

you did it Cubone, you broke me

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

priznat posted:

Lmao god that was such an awesome game mechanic and one thing I wish was common in real life.

*attaches fulton device to a car I like* ~fwooooop~ mine now!

*attaches fulton to balls* Alright, we're in for some fun here! Let's GOOOOOOOHHHH GOD, THIS IS NOT WHAT I WANTED! HELP! HEEEEEELLLLL

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Cubone posted:

if ezra miller is a supervillain they're like the completely unhinged 70's cartoon type where they do stuff that makes no sense just to menace people
bringing incense candles and bluetooth speakers into the club and playing your own music to counter the club's music is the most hosed up and wizard-like behavior I've heard all week. I wouldn't even know what to say if somebody was doing that at my job where we don't play music or have patrons

What you do? You beat them, thats what. Coming into my house playing your music, phah!, preposterous insult

E. NO AUTHORITIES ONLY FISTS. THE RULE OF FISTING

ThisIsJohnWayne fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Jul 3, 2022

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

AHH F/UGH posted:

wait why did he drive up to the gas station then

To politely ask for directions, he's the master of magnetism, not the master of mapnetism.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
https://twitter.com/StephenKing/status/1541525134275760129

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Oof I wanted to, I hated the first transformers, just not my cup of tea. And it looks like a fuckin masterpiece compared to the dogshit sequels.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Eza Miller posted:

argued about which of them had more relatives die in the Holocaust.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Oof I wanted to, I hated the first transformers, just not my cup of tea. And it looks like a fuckin masterpiece compared to the dogshit sequels.

I went to see it when it came out with a few friends and two of them walked out, I don’t think I’ve ever seen them leave any other film

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I went to see it when it came out with a few friends and two of them walked out, I don’t think I’ve ever seen them leave any other film again

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Imagine watching movies in this day and age. So cringe

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I don't feel good laughing at a serial abuser of a person but goddam Ezra doing some loving power plays.

Traveling to a foreign country, crashing your one night stand's apartment, and yelling about the holocaust. No shame no regrets.

I'm deffo picturing them playing their own tracks at the club too. Their rendition of Hanukkah Oh Hanukah with Dan Fogler kinda slaps. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t95J0aZ1Fug

e: this thing was initially released on a Harry Potter-themed christmas album and it's even more amazing in context. It's a ton of no-name background actors doing terrible maudlin christmas songs and then out of nowhere you get Dan Fogler belting out this jewish tenacious D rear end ballad.

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Jul 3, 2022

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

they’re actually a weirdo Nonce OP

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

I hope that's Miller not Dan Fogler, I need that dude to be one of the few wholesome celebs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Yeah, what's with people making these "I know (celeb) is a horribly lovely person who's abused people physically/sexually/both, BUT" kinda posts lately ITT

At this point I'm just waiting for someone to pop in with some half-assed defense of R. Kelly