Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Kestral posted:

Six minutes into the Elden Ring run and we're a blue man on a flying horse punching hot air balloons to death. Good. Good.

torrent has some exceptionally weird programming as a consequence of being part of a much larger riding system that's used, like, two or three times in the entire game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

Vermain posted:

torrent has some exceptionally weird programming as a consequence of being part of a much larger riding system that's used, like, two or three times in the entire game

Wait, which parts have this larger riding system? My memory of Elden Ring is hazy and mostly consists of rage.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
This is a nice looking game

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Basically, a huge proportion of entities have the property "can be ridden" and/or "can ride". It's almost like Scribblenauts.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Kestral posted:

Wait, which parts have this larger riding system? My memory of Elden Ring is hazy and mostly consists of rage.

All the horse mounted enemies and the Trolls that pull carts actually use it

A TON of things have a point for it though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD6kj7icSmw

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Elden ring lore:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9klSasf-89A

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

still don't get the wrong warp lol

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

DoctorWhat posted:

Basically, a huge proportion of entities have the property "can be ridden" and/or "can ride". It's almost like Scribblenauts.

Cernunnos posted:

All the horse mounted enemies and the Trolls that pull carts actually use it

A TON of things have a point for it though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD6kj7icSmw

:psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck:

This has led to some insanely cursed mods, hasn't it.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

This was such a rad fight when I did it.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
How much do I have to pay From to stop putting stormruler references in new games.

mandatory lesbian posted:

This is a nice looking game

Good art direction will do that.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
For folks who haven't played Elden Ring: the only reason he's doing this much damage is because Rykard is a gimmick fight that gives you that giant sword and then basically requires you to use it to kill the boss. Looks like the idea here is to make the first boss of the run the one where the only thing that matters is your ability to Not Die and punish the boss's attacks, after which you get a huge amount of currency for leveling up and buying gear. Clever!

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

He's also going to be rushing 1 of every level of somber stone to upgrade his weapon to max instantly, since you can get all of those without fighting much as they're just scattered around the world.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

if they miss this pizza incentive it'd be pretty deflating, being the last incentive of the marathon and all

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
Seeing him activate that chest with 130,000 runes in his inventory is terrifying

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Kestral posted:

For folks who haven't played Elden Ring: the only reason he's doing this much damage is because Rykard is a gimmick fight that gives you that giant sword and then basically requires you to use it to kill the boss. Looks like the idea here is to make the first boss of the run the one where the only thing that matters is your ability to Not Die and punish the boss's attacks, after which you get a huge amount of currency for leveling up and buying gear. Clever!

Also, the Serpent Killer has no stat requirement to wield it (because it's a gimmick weapon). And has really good scaling with strength, so you can upgrade it and just pump your strength stat with no other requirements to get a decent damage weapon.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Just cruising right past that maiden. Shameful.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013

Kestral posted:

Seeing him activate that chest with 130,000 runes in his inventory is terrifying

He's been one step away from dying so many times so far it's giving me anxiety.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
I didn't even think to use the jump r2 on serpent killer :negative:

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
Sword of Night and Flame carried me so hard through this game until Comet Azur nonsense became viable, god bless it.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Once I learned jump attacks were good the combat became alot easier.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Kestral posted:

Sword of Night and Flame carried me so hard through this game until Comet Azur nonsense became viable, god bless it.

It's really stupid and this run will be an excellent showcase of why it really needed to be balanced

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

Love watching someone fly over the map and knowing exactly what sword we're going for

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

what

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
Sword of Night and Flame with +80% damage, oh god, the route makes sense now.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
As a reminder BOTH of the things he's abusing for this run have been patched to not be this stupid

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
love that the couch has said like three things while the runner is talking nonstop somehow

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
"Sometimes I actually think we're the bad guy in this game."

Yeeeeeep.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Cernunnos posted:

As a reminder BOTH of the things he's abusing for this run have been patched to not be this stupid

He did "we play on 1.0 because of balance changes" lol

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

mandatory lesbian posted:

The best ending was the undertale one no question to me

Hug. That. Goat.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I love the ost for this boss fight.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
lol oops

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

The next fukkin.... oops.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

European f-bomb

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

OOPS.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

i'm european lol

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
BANNED!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

BioThermo posted:

Hug. That. Goat.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It's okay GDQ is allowed one F bomb

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Those gargoyles deserve a lot harsher words then just one gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

ngl i'm kinda zoned out, this is just too much zipping around with quit-outs and warps except for the boss fights