Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

"clean kill" he says as the runner sits on a few pixels of hp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Sheesh, left with a sliver after one tap

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
OH GEEZ

He's gonna zip

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Lmao classic Godskin Duo.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
INSTANT TRANSMISSION

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
The zip route is hilarious and is well worth checking out btw, it's total nonsense.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
Elden Ring final boss: a tree branch

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

YUMP

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lol just running past an entire boss because his door doesn't load fast enough

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
In case you want to know more about dong several frame perfect inputs in quick succession several time in a run:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke7Qb4Q8wnc

quote:

The teleport glitch I'm using in this speedrun is called a "Zip". It's a frame perfect trick requiring to move forward at a specific timing while blocking and walking.

To make it harder, you have to press forward for a specific amount of frames, depending on when you started moving forward.
The goal is to release forward after the block animation reached exactly 139 frames.
Speedrunners are using a metronome to hit that timing. I'm using a 107.5 BPM and try to time my forward input/hold the key for 4 frames at the 5th beat.

We also are using another variation of zips to "kill" bosses, called "Megazips". It's a zip followed by another W input after 12-14 frames after releasing the initial W press. It's really hard to do it consistently but in this run I got all of them really quickly.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Oh lord, Radagon didn't want to go down nicely

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

christ

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

I love Elden Ring

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
What a fantastic event!

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Looks like this GDQ will end in third place for most money raised, just ahead of SGDQ2019 but behind AGDQ2022 and AGDQ2020.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Another great marathon

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
That's a wrap, which means it's time to start the recommendation lists! What are folks' top runs this year? What about runs that were great but underappreciated, either because of off-hours timing or being overshadowed by the major ones each day?

Of the ones I managed to catch, I think my shortlist is, in no particular order:
Super Mario Odyssey
Blaster Master
ICO
Kaizo Super Metroid
Both Mario relays
The entire rhythm block
Pokemon Emerald for the comfy vibes
Solar Ash

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Former Human posted:

Looks like this GDQ will end in third place for most money raised, just ahead of SGDQ2019 but behind AGDQ2022 and AGDQ2020.

It's probably gonna be a long time before they top AGDQ2022. It was just an absurd amount

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kestral posted:

That's a wrap, which means it's time to start the recommendation lists! What are folks' top runs this year? What about runs that were great but underappreciated, either because of off-hours timing or being overshadowed by the major ones each day?

Of the ones I managed to catch, I think my shortlist is, in no particular order:
Super Mario Odyssey
Blaster Master
ICO
Kaizo Super Metroid
Both Mario relays
The entire rhythm block
Solar Ash

These are all good but I want to especially recommend Solar Ash because I had no idea what to expect and only had it on because it's GDQ and every bit of it blew me away.

Also Yakuza LAD owned, everyone should always watch Froob

e: oh, Halo Infinite was also a game that wildly exceeded my expectations, I only had it on to partially pay attention while I did stuff in ffxiv and it was so good I just closed the game to watch it

Mega Man Wily Wars was also really good because Blacktastic owns.

Basically Tuesday afternoon/evening/night was awesome

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Jul 3, 2022

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I didn't have a chance to watch as much live as previously, so I'll have a good chunk to VOD.

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Jul 3, 2022

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
I missed most of it because sleep but I heard Super Mario Sunshine made a heartwarming comeback after it all fell apart.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Kestral posted:

Super Mario Odyssey
Blaster Master
ICO
Kaizo Super Metroid
Both Mario relays
The entire rhythm block
Solar Ash

Best run:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64VXwRA5sZU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Kestral posted:

Super Mario Odyssey
Blaster Master
ICO
Kaizo Super Metroid
Both Mario relays
The entire rhythm block
Solar Ash

ratchet and clank was fantastic even for someone like me who doesn't give a hot flying poo poo about ratchet and clank
gta vice city was great

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
I know they usually do AGDQ in Florida but I kinda hope they really don't this year.

I say this as someone in and from Florida: "THIS PLACE loving SUCKS"

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

From what I saw;

Blaster Master
Super Castlevania IV low% race
Link's Awakening
Yakuza LOD
DEEEEEEER Simulator
King's Quest V
Final Fantasy X (cutscene remover)
SMW Relay race

Were all fun and very good.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Cernunnos posted:

I know they usually do AGDQ in Florida but I kinda hope they really don't this year.

:same:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

RIP audio

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Teehee, technical difficulties and GDQ, no better pair.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Figures the ending video started without audio, lol

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
One... last... bungle...

Genthil
Sep 24, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogaV_9cUbQo

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

looks like no announcement of where AGDQ will be yet so I guess they're still figuring that out

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

that was a good gdq

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I’m not sure AGDQ should be assumed to be on location yet, especially with winters being bad times for covid

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Good GDQ was, indeed, good. See you guys next time! :swoon:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

IcePhoenix posted:

looks like no announcement of where AGDQ will be yet so I guess they're still figuring that out

it's kinda tough if they aren't going to florida, or for that matter any state that isn't speedrunning a regression to the victorian era, since january means snow and cold everywhere that isn't doing that, and also presumably more expensive.

The 7th Guest posted:

I’m not sure AGDQ should be assumed to be on location yet, especially with winters being bad times for covid

this is also true.

i just don't want it to be in florida, or most other states trying to force births and obliterate 50 years of lgbtq progress but like, especially florida.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Come on out west to California! Where the winters are mild and it doesn't snow or even rain. Ever.

As a bonus we generally aren't on fire in January.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013

The 7th Guest posted:

I really do hope for the best but it seems prudent to wait until we see numbers on how many people get sick after the event and if anyone gets grievously ill then they absolutely need to go back to remote.

Tayter Swift posted:

Come on out west to California! Where the winters are mild and it doesn't snow or even rain. Ever.

yes please move to the bay area then maybe I can attend, lol

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
See you next time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

TheMopeSquad posted:

I really do hope for the best but it seems prudent to wait until we see numbers on how many people get sick after the event and if anyone gets grievously ill then they absolutely need to go back to remote.

rip mareep, dead of covid