Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

The pulled pork my Dad made for Canada Day was delicious.
It was smoked for 8 hours (HOW DO YOU KEEP IT LIT?)
Coleslaw, and buttered toasted buns.
Plus home-made potato chips and garlic/chive sour cream dip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

The Mighty Moltres posted:

The pulled pork my Dad made for Canada Day was delicious.
It was smoked for 8 hours (HOW DO YOU KEEP IT LIT?)
Coleslaw, and buttered toasted buns.
Plus home-made potato chips and garlic/chive sour cream dip.

My wife made surprised me with poutine that also had garlicky kholodyets and smyetana on it and called it "vladimir poutine," easy but topical and adorable pun. Even got cheese curds instead of doing it with walmart brand grated cheddar or such things the US normally does for poutine. Not a peeve but tasty and cute. I miss Canada :(

the holy poopacy posted:

I dunno they taste like food to me. sorry about your covid hope your taste comes back soon

I actually did lose my sense of taste to covid back in the initial 2020 wave and that poo poo sucked. I got into fruit drinks and full sugar soda because they at least produced a mouth-feel, even if the feeling was "ouch." I don't wish it even upon the wrongest, australianest food opinion havers.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Manager Hoyden posted:

pulled pork ... A poo poo-tier meat
Correct. I don't know if the trend has passed or not because I haven't been out much in the last couple of years, but before the plague it was everywhere in Melbourne and it was bad. Of all the things you can do with pork, that might be the worst.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Tiggum posted:

Of all the things you can do with pork, that might be the worst.

It's one of the best because pork isn't that good.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
pulled pork is perfectly acceptable street food served in a bread roll out the back of a van.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

My general complaint about pulled pork most places, is that it's too goddamn dry. Leave some drat fat in there!

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Pork is a d tier meat. Pulled pork, belly and sausages are about the only ways to eat it.

Le Faye Morgaine
Feb 1, 2022

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I actually did lose my sense of taste to covid back in the initial 2020 wave and that poo poo sucked. I got into fruit drinks and full sugar soda because they at least produced a mouth-feel, even if the feeling was "ouch." I don't wish it even upon the wrongest, australianest food opinion havers.

did it come back? :ohdear:

edit: did it come back in full? that isnt a burn on your lovely wifes cooking

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Dysgenesis posted:

Pork is a d tier meat. Pulled pork, belly and sausages are about the only ways to eat it.

Tell me you don't know how to cook proper pork chops, without telling me you don't know how to cook proper pork chops.

Oh yeah, and ribs too.

Beef sucks and is boring.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

My pet peeve are online BBQ experts who only accept the one kind of meat they have learned to prepare and thus say that every other food is poo poo tier.

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
Pork is good because without pork we could not have crackling

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

lobsterminator posted:

My pet peeve are online BBQ experts who only accept the one kind of meat they have learned to prepare and thus say that every other food is poo poo tier.

Thank you! How are people picking sides? I can barely pick my main course! I gotta get the full sampler platter!

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

it's 2022 and people still eat meat smh

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I tried that Mcdonalds Meat free burger and it was acceptable until it started to go cold and it was the devil's work.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

learnincurve posted:

I tried that Mcdonalds Meat free burger and it was acceptable until it started to go cold and it was the devil's work.

That applies to Mcdonalds full meat menu items, tbf

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

How bad anxiety sweat stinks. I had to get up on a roof for ten minutes to prune a tree and I'm loving reeking

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Iron Crowned posted:

My dad turns steak into shoe leather, and eats it with only salt. That's a bad steak, it's why I hated steak until I was in my late 20's and had a good med-rare. I one time tried to make a steak for him and I got chewed out for undercooking it and seasoning it.

Vinegar based Eastern North Carolina style or :frogout:

I generally had a really good boy scout experience,the one lingering bad was the leader dads going all cave effete about how the only good steak is rare with nothing on it but salt. Bullshit thing to internalize. Steak is good and easy to make better. First time I just made a pan sauce for a steak and tried it as a adult was transformative.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Some heatpump/AC installers are coming today, and there's no estimate or info about how long it usually takes, just that they'll come 'between 730 and 930'.
I'm probably the first installation of the day, so why the goddamn 2 hour window for when they arrive? The electricians who were here a week ago gave a specific time and arrived then.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
When you're driving and the sun is just low enough in the sky that your sun visors don't quite shield your eyes from it.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

SubNat posted:

Some heatpump/AC installers are coming today, and there's no estimate or info about how long it usually takes, just that they'll come 'between 730 and 930'.
I'm probably the first installation of the day, so why the goddamn 2 hour window for when they arrive? The electricians who were here a week ago gave a specific time and arrived then.

You’re not the only person in that window and the shippers have to sort x number of packages starting long before dawn and load them onto trucks whereupon the delivery driver will then set off on a route including hundreds of packages with no precise knowledge of weather or traffic till it happens.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

?
It was an installer, not a package delivery.
There I don't care because most of the apps show where you are in the queue and etc nowadays.
This was a guy who'd set off 1/3 or 1/2 of the workday to bring and install an AC.
Hence why I'm so puzzled they listed such a wide window for arrival.

Also the machine couldn't be installed where the seller said it could, and had to go somewhere else, with a long power cable over to the socket I explicitly had to add outside.
So because of that there's now an outdoor power socket on the opposite side of the house from the unit itself.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

*leaps to defend something not mentioned*

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Bargearse posted:

When you're driving and the sun is just low enough in the sky that your sun visors don't quite shield your eyes from it.

Related: when you're tall and the sun is just low enough that lowering the sun visor blocks the sun, but also your view of the road.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I hate phishing. I already hate phones and everything to do with them but all the phishing poo poo just makes me even more paranoid about them.

Today I got a text message out of the blue from a number I don't recognize just asking if I'm ok and if I remember the sender. First of all, even if that text is legit: gently caress you. Tell me who you are and I'll tell you if I remember you. But I'm 90% sure it's phishing anyway. The area code was Alabama and I'm not even sure I know anybody from there!

But I hate that I even have to think about this. gently caress phishing.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Elissimpark posted:

Related: when you're tall and the sun is just low enough that lowering the sun visor blocks the sun, but also your view of the road.

Lets just blanket include "driving east in the morning, or west in the evening" Its the worst.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Arrath posted:

Lets just blanket include "driving east in the morning, or west in the evening" Its the worst.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

SubNat posted:

?
It was an installer, not a package delivery.
There I don't care because most of the apps show where you are in the queue and etc nowadays.
This was a guy who'd set off 1/3 or 1/2 of the workday to bring and install an AC.
Hence why I'm so puzzled they listed such a wide window for arrival.

Also the machine couldn't be installed where the seller said it could, and had to go somewhere else, with a long power cable over to the socket I explicitly had to add outside.
So because of that there's now an outdoor power socket on the opposite side of the house from the unit itself.

It's possible they have additional stuff to do at the beginning of the day, plus traffic or needing to get fuel.

A large window helps to cover their rear end from customer expectations. I used to deliver large appliances, if I told someone within a two hour window, then fine. If I told someone within a one hour window and arrived 15 minutes outside of that, they're much more likely to be angry.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

You're not wrong.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

God drat tree trimming is a lot of work, if you're gonna make that much heavy-rear end wood try not to do it so you fall over and crack yourself, tree

Like, come on.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

bullshit people say like

"neapolitan pizza no ees just a pizza, ees a philosophy of life"

no it's not. it's a pizza.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Seriously, it's just been nothing but trouble since it formed from the mess of the Big Bang and I can't wait til it collapses into a brown dwarf or whatever.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

That's a Sol-less thing to say

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I want to live in an Icelandic climate unironically

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
The boomer in the next cubicle has no inside voice. It drowns out my headphones at times, so I'm forced to pause my podcasts if I want to listen to them. There's an engineer that also has no inside voice as well, so when they're both over there talking it's a cacophony.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

If you have AppleTv+ there’s a series called Home. The first one is this dude and his family that live in Sweden except they built a greenhouse around their actual house so they have Mediterranean climates pretty much year round, it’s wild.

There’s an Iceland one too but I haven’t seen that one yet.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Iron Crowned posted:

The boomer in the next cubicle has no inside voice. It drowns out my headphones at times, so I'm forced to pause my podcasts if I want to listen to them. There's an engineer that also has no inside voice as well, so when they're both over there talking it's a cacophony.

I'm not sure if that's worse, or one of the accountants going to the payroll lady/office manager's office two doors down from mine, and hiss-whispering some inane gossip or who came in 3 minutes late tattling bullshit. This sibilant whisper just at the edge of hearing, too faint to make anything out beyond the murmur. I hate it. STOP IT AND GET BACK TO WORK AND PAY MY VENDOR GODDAMNIT.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I knew a dude like that, it was like a barrel talking no matter how quiet the cafe, no matter how personal the topic. And when he laughed it was seriously another level above that, like he'd hitch up and just A HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

That was reason enough to never hang with the guy, it was too much

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
When someone posts in a Facebook group, "thought the group would like this," but they are not a bot. It's the same as when my grandmother sends me e-mails that say "I send you this file in order to have your advice." It is a pet peeve because I don't want to think that hard about whether or not a person is a bot and when they post something and for some reason use the exact same phrasing the bots do I just assume they are.

Irrationally, this irritates me doubly so because the person probably saw many bots posting with "thought the group would like this," didn't realize they were bots, and figured that's just what people say when they post jobs for fuckin Amazon or videos of people riding bikes on the local animal rescue Facebook groups.

credburn has a new favorite as of 18:24 on Jul 7, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Same, let's run away together