Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

CannonFodder posted:

QT is Quik Trip which is in the southeast.

There is also a Kwik Trip in the upper midwest.

except in some places where it's kwik star instead of kwik trip because quik trip is there too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Don't forget about Kum & Go

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
We have Casey’s in Nebraska, which is a mediocre gas station with a decent kitchen attached.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Scholtz posted:

Kumho tires also,

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Scholtz posted:

I will never forget Kum & Go

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

3D Megadoodoo posted:

The English having a slap-fight with the other English over food (or anything) is the picture of funny.

The first 20 Duolingo lessons in swedish are exactly enough to not quite understand the set up or punchline.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

"So you had a prostate exam. "
"Yes, but the doctor was male!"
"Did you ask for a nurse?"
"Nurse was MAN with HOOK!"

It's a very efficient language.

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe
He's angry about kebabsemla. Why aren't you angry about kebabsemla?

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe
Gustav Vasa did not throw off the yoke of the danish tyrant just for us to submit ourselves to unswedish semlor.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Mr. Sunshine posted:

Gustav Vasa did not throw off the yoke of the danish tyrant just for us to submit ourselves to unswedish semlor.

Who was the king that died of a surfeit of bulla?

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 16:17 on Jul 3, 2022

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Who was the king that died of a surfeit of bulla?

a surfeit of bulla is a drat fine username

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

A surfeit of bullshit

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

gently caress now I'm also thinking about kebabsemla, do you replace the almond paste with kebab meat and the whipped cream with kebab sauce?

ParsleyTroll
Nov 26, 2007
Now I’m angry, hungry and confused.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Also horny

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
When I was like 12, my family was on vacation in PA and we stopped at Kum & Go and I thought it was the funniest goddamned thing (I still do) but while I was inside getting something to drink, I heard someone say "he ain't got no scruples" and I had never heard anyone use that word before. When I got back to the car I asked my mom if scruples was some kinda STD and she just loving started dying of laughter. It's still a part of an family inside joke.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Large Testicles posted:

When I was like 12, my family was on vacation in PA and we stopped at Kum & Go and I thought it was the funniest goddamned thing (I still do) but while I was inside getting something to drink, I heard someone say "he ain't got no scruples" and I had never heard anyone use that word before. When I got back to the car I asked my mom if scruples was some kinda STD and she just loving started dying of laughter. It's still a part of an family inside joke.

lol

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I definitely remember reading a similar story, where the person thought scruples meant testicles. Apparently the word just gives off a certain vibe.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Gives Chester Cheetah's "I've got loopholes in my scruples" a whole new dimension.

eta: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKOJaDAQw6Q

Hirayuki has a new favorite as of 23:17 on Jul 3, 2022

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Large Testicles posted:

To be fair you wouldn't expect someone at a KUM AND GO to know what scruples meant. Or someone visiting one for that matter

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Phlegmish posted:

I definitely remember reading a similar story, where the person thought scruples meant testicles. Apparently the word just gives off a certain vibe.

The Santorum Effect (although I think that one might have been brute-forced into existence by Dan Savage and his readers/listeners).

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

Farg posted:

2631:592:4830:2d38::90dc

Gone already. Anyone get a screen shot?

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

Fun Shoe

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Who was the king that died of a surfeit of bulla semla (You uncivilized Ostrobothnian!)?

Adolf Fredrik. And while he did indeed down 14 portions of "hetvägg" or semla served in warm milk, he started the meal with oysters, lobster, caviar, sauerkraut, kippers and copious amounts of champagne. So y'know, maybe not just a surfeit of semla.

cunningham
Jul 28, 2004

Large Testicles posted:

Misplaced Midwesterner here (Maryland): I've driven through the wasteland that is Central PA more times than I care to remember, and never heard of Kum & Go before I moved to Iowa.. Whereabouts might it gave been?

https://www.scrapehero.com/location-reports/Kum%20&%20Go-USA/

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
I can't believe this thread is on day 3 of chain convenience store chat.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

I'm still reeling from this

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

So I just read the article and it sorta blew my mind because I agreed with this for years and it turns out ... so do Vice? The article is like "outside the US all these 'American BBQ' joints are springing up based on Brooklyn BBQ and it sucks, why is it happening"
been making fun of what I imagined the article to be for years. of course I didn't click the link, nobody clicked the link

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Large Testicles posted:

"He ain't got no scruples" sounds like dialogue from Achewood. Actually, I can absolutely picture Roast Beef saying that, and Ray thinking he means testicles.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

You never played Marvel Heroes, did you? We ended up with a Wawa VS Sheetz debate that went on for at least a month, maybe more, in that thread.

Goons are very passionate about this subject.

Having been a patron of both, I'll say this:

Buc-ees is better than Wawa, and Wawa is better than Sheetz. :colbert:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Hyperlynx posted:

"He ain't got no scruples" sounds like dialogue from Achewood. Actually, I can absolutely picture Roast Beef saying that, and Ray thinking he means testicles.

This is what I hear

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Mr. Sunshine posted:

Is this why the swedes at this one place I worked got really upset about the implication of putting sprinkles on a semla

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Kheldarn posted:

You never played Marvel Heroes, did you? We ended up with a Wawa VS Sheetz debate that went on for at least a month, maybe more, in that thread.

Goons are very passionate about this subject.

Having been a patron of both, I'll say this:

Buc-ees is better than Wawa, and Wawa is better than Sheetz. :colbert:

It's basically social format bike shedding. It's an issue so mundane that everyone can relate to it and probably has first-hand experience, and so low stakes that everyone feels comfortable sounding off.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Data Graham posted:

This is what I hear

Man I wish they made more episodes of Mission Hill.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Rolo posted:

They're supposed to be making a series on gus and wally but it's probably too little too late. Plus while I love them as secondaries, I don't know if they can carry a show on their own

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Hirayuki posted:

Gives Chester Cheetah's "I've got loopholes in my scruples" a whole new dimension.

eta: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKOJaDAQw6Q

He was literally after garbage. Why did the writers feel the need to punish him for that?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

I'm from PA and I can say with certainty that Buc-ee's blows them both out of the water and it's not even close.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Rolo posted:

It's actually perfectly appropriate to the theme that they just kind of taper out and stop. There's definitely been rumors about a restart I think focused on Gus and Wally.

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/mission-hill-reboot-spin-off-gus-and-wally-bill-oakley-josh-wein/

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

I stopped at the Buc-ee’s in Daytona this weekend because of this thread.

The pump had a leak and dribbled gas on my car. The inside was so crowded I’m sure I caught at least 3 new strains of COVID. There were piles of brisket sandwiches so high they could feed an army. I watched two teens lose their will to live as their mom shopped in the “Wine Mom” section of home goods.

On the plus side they had dozens of unique sodas in their fountains and the jerky I bought was pretty good.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Beachcomber posted:

He was literally after garbage. Why did the writers feel the need to punish him for that?

a wild animal in an urban environment interacting or becoming familiar with humans would be a danger to itself, people, and the environment

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

BaronVanAwesome posted:

a wild animal in an urban environment interacting or becoming familiar with humans would be a danger to itself, people, and the environment

Blue Footed Booby posted:

It's basically social format bike shedding. It's an issue so mundane that everyone can relate to it and probably has first-hand experience, and so low stakes that everyone feels comfortable sounding off.

This sweet little darling might be lost. A forum where people "sound off"? Sounds pretty scary to me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
"off" is shorthand for "off I go", which is the new "hope this helps", BFB forgot the comma after 'sounding' which is where the confusion is coming from.