Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

original since deleted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

Jon Irenicus posted:

Day 3 with my partners family: all the boomers want to talk about so far - trans athletes, sexual education in schools, microaggressions, how we live in a third world country now, golf, private club parties

I can relate. My in-laws trip is coming up in a couple weeks. I talk back enough where they avoid talking that dumb poo poo around me generally, but I get thrown for a loop at least once a visit when they say something that is shockingly hateful.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

LOL

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Like waitresses, I agree.

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Filthy Hans posted:

my favorite Mothersbaugh moment was when an interviewer asked him about being parodied by "Weird Al" Yankovic and he said that Dare To Be Stupid was basically transcendently beautiful and he hated Weird Al because of it

No shame in admitting Weird Al is one talented little fucker

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

AxGrap posted:

I can relate. My in-laws trip is coming up in a couple weeks. I talk back enough where they avoid talking that dumb poo poo around me generally, but I get thrown for a loop at least once a visit when they say something that is shockingly hateful.

we are going on half a hour now of a millennial trying to explain mcroaggressions boiling down to "just try to think of other people's feelings" and it's not some catch all for calling boomers the worst possible thing, A Racist

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

In Memory of those who Serve. Thank you Buddykins :zpatriot:

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

Jon Irenicus posted:

we are going on half a hour now of a millennial trying to explain mcroaggressions boiling down to "just try to think of other people's feelings" and it's not some catch all for calling boomers the worst possible thing, A Racist

It's just called being polite! I love politeness! Sometimes you are impolite without realizing it! That's a faux pas this is not new poo poo!

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheGoodLiars/status/1543602666802135040

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

:hai:

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

quote:

New body camera video from Woodland Police shows officers telling Mojo’s customers to close the door, but by then-- several protesters were already in the way.

Woodland Police Chief Derrek Kaff explained in the video statement the department published to Facebook Friday afternoon, “You can see that there is a physical confrontation between the patrons and the protesters before someone from inside the lounge deploys pepper spray and then closes the door. Several officers were hit with the pepper spray, and that’s why they had to back up and recover.”

Deputy Police Chief Anthony Cucchi told ABC10 Thursday evening that those officers are okay.

Chief Kaff’s video statement came after hundreds of commenters on social media asked why officers did not do more to stop protesters or arrest them.

“Many of you have asked why no arrests were made,” he said. “As we speak, Woodland PD is reviewing surveillance videos, following up on leads and working with the FBI to identify who made each of the online threats as well as determine whether those threats constitute a hate crime, and if we can make an arrest—we absolutely will.”

He said his department is looking for photos, videos and witnesses of what happened outside Mojo’s Thursday night so they can continue piecing together their investigation.

Thank god our boys in blue are okay.

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
Inslee just prohibited the Washington state patrol from assisting other states in prosecuting abortions and is looking to change the law so that local police departments are also barred from assisting.

Daniel Dales Dick
Apr 8, 2020

”With the coldest winter ever recorded, with snow setting record levels up and down the coast, the Nobel committee should take the Nobel Prize back from Al Gore"
Dr. Oz is the political campaign version of those rich people who thought having a nice stove made them a chef.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Schnorkles posted:

100% going to love SCOTUS saying you can't picket outside of our houses but you can picket outside anyone elses and being surprised how it goes over.

Some animals are created more equal than others.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Kedzie Matthews posted:

my wife is insisting we bring her astrologist to our therapy sessions with our emotional evolution counselor and i just feel like this will keep us from addressing our issues by going off onto needless sidetracks about star charts. i just dont know what to do anymore

CODChimera posted:

wow. thats potentially main character thread material

Kedzie Matthews posted:

sorry for being dumb. ill go away now

Don't go, pllleeeaasee keep up this content.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Kedzie Matthews posted:

when we were buying the car i thought my wife was talking about our open marriage as a negotiation tactic. get the salesman horny and he'll cut you a deal.

we are now roommates/co-husbands

Okay at this point I don't know if I believe you anymore

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Kedzie Matthews posted:

calm down man it's all bullshit i just wanted to riff. besides

*checks watch*

my wife just died and i have verifiable proof that i was busy posting

>:[

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Ol’ Dozin’ Don

Tryptophan Trump

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

titty_baby_ posted:

Okay at this point I don't know if I believe you anymore

yeah no way you found a new car for sale

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Hey, look at what I scored at the Habitat:

They said it was the axle from some kind of recumbent but they don't know what became of the rest of it LOL. This pic doesn't show it but there are axles extending out the width of one hub at each end with a threaded end, so it would have been a trike. It's solid as hell. I'm thinking there are a lot of possibilities with this.

My first thought is to see if I can make a pump that can pressurize large air tanks, to use with air tools. Any cool ideas?

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

*poly boomer voice* I HATE MY WIVES

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Elephanthead posted:

yeah no way you found a new car for sale

I work for a local municipality and I was waaay out in bumfuck nowhere weed country and came to a bridge and this old Jamaican guy was standing by it and he was laughing with this women and told me he'd sell me the bridge and give me a good deal and I was like oh yeah? And he said he'd sell it over and over and I told him as long as he pays taxes on it idgaf and then I sped off over the bridge

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

petit choux posted:

Hey, look at what I scored at the Habitat:

They said it was the axle from some kind of recumbent but they don't know what became of the rest of it LOL. This pic doesn't show it but there are axles extending out the width of one hub at each end with a threaded end, so it would have been a trike. It's solid as hell. I'm thinking there are a lot of possibilities with this.

My first thought is to see if I can make a pump that can pressurize large air tanks, to use with air tools. Any cool ideas?

Make a go kart bubbles

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Bethamphetamine posted:

Thank god our boys in blue are okay.

the cop who is a little puss is named officer coochie

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

:same:

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Trumo

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Umpires call what the league wants them to call

They’re all graded on ball and strike calls and none of them get fired for this poo poo or even reprimanded so you can only assume they’re making subjective calls to enforce storylines.

All sports are fake

Yeah, you should def grab your junk if the ump makes that call.

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

https://twitter.com/chenweihua/status/1543346427513999364

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Lmaoo

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

Daniel Dales Dick
Apr 8, 2020

”With the coldest winter ever recorded, with snow setting record levels up and down the coast, the Nobel committee should take the Nobel Prize back from Al Gore"

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1543599718638518272?s=20&t=GBE4pPusnmil5o2B78EI9A

Gotta sting they gave each 1/6 member their own Sunday show.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
A recommendation that the DOJ do their loving job? Oh boy let's see trump wriggle his way out of this one!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

veepfake posted:

you gotta have positive vibes. the only thing that matters is a Can Do attitude. my Good Kid identity that i carry with me as an adult, it is the secret to life. and if you can't just change your mind like that you're part of the problem. everything can be a FUN and CRAZY EXCITING time if u want it to be. you just need to embrace it.

you see someone suffering? why would you ever let that get you down? it's your life, baby, live laugh and love and you will be happy

youre getting beaten on the ground? you just gotta love them YOUR WAY until they go away, you will make a powerful sacrifice

someone's got their dick up your rear end? controlled schizophrenia bitch, have you heard of it? DO BETTER

making life tolerable is the American way as long as I get my pleasure. life isn't fair and there is nothing we can do about that. get while the gettin is good, it won't last forever, and floating down that stream is good enough for everyone (who matters, people like me)

Well you made me read it twice, I'll give you that. I think what you're trying to say is it's your world, I'm just a squirrel*

*tryin to get a nut