Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

Didn't Zenos' reaper voidsent appear with his resonant eyes, if not his whole body, in a cutscene in 6.1? It's not Zenos in there, yet again, but from what I've seen in the Reaper job quests his body might get involved somewhere along the line. I just hope the real Zenos stays down this time, I loved the ending he got and it deserves to be final.

it's word of god that he's insanely loving dead. you don't have to worry. he's dead as dead can be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

NachtSieger posted:

it's word of god that he's insanely loving dead. you don't have to worry. he's dead as dead can be

I can fix him

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Let us descend, you and I... into the depths of despair...

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

Didn't Zenos' reaper voidsent appear with his resonant eyes, if not his whole body, in a cutscene in 6.1? It's not Zenos in there, yet again, but from what I've seen in the Reaper job quests his body might get involved somewhere along the line. I just hope the real Zenos stays down this time, I loved the ending he got and it deserves to be final.

You saw the voidsent being sent back to the void. Zenos's body has nothing to do with it and I doubt the plot is going to be about his voidsent trying to get back when...we're also going to the void.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jul 3, 2022

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

I don't remember it looking like Zenos at all. It's the WoL's 13th shard.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

The first thing I'm gonna do when I get an island is let Gigi roam free.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I hope minions that fight each other will have dramatic battles if you let them roam the island together.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It's good. Ishikawa does it again.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

The nature of the pact between a Reaper and their familiar is that the Reaper creates a brief window into our dimension from the Void. The Voidsent familiar comes through this window and aids the Reaper in combat, in exchange for being allowed to take the souls of the Reaper's kills. If the Reaper dies, there's no more connecting thread, so the Voidsent's connection to our dimension is lost. (6.1 MSQ / Reaper Job Quest) Even if the Voidsent is strong enough to force its way through the window and possess the Reaper trying to bind it, the physical body of the Reaper still has to be alive to act as a vessel for it. Orcus turns Drusilla's dad into a cool ageless Dracula but at the end of the day you just kind of loving kill him. In other words, Zenos dying in Ultima Thule would have totally severed any connection he had to his familiar, so it just went back home and is plotting the best way to find souls to eat like an ordinary Voidsent would.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

So what’s usually considered the best job to go soloing in Eureka with, since group exp outside of Fates sucks so much? I’ve been rocking it as PLD, and while I’m almost never in any danger of dying, stuff takes forever to kill even with a 5-stack hitting a weakness.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Regalingualius posted:

So what’s usually considered the best job to go soloing in Eureka with? I’ve been rocking it as PLD, and while I’m almost never in any danger of dying, stuff takes forever to kill even with a 5-stack hitting a weakness.

I did everything with a Bard using sprites and buff potions (they're cheap) to keep my hp up. And the extra abilities when they become available three zones in.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I ended up using Red Mage for most of Eureka. It has good DPS and can heal and revive as needed.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I use WHM and just collect everything in sight up for holy spam them to death, but I imagine that’s not much faster than PLD in the end.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

It did not. When Zenos' voidsent appear in 6.1 it looked identical to how it looked throughout all of 6.0. It also doesn't have his resonant eyes, if you pause the glimpse you get of them they're just glowy red, they don't have the full resonant look.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

How am I supposed to find something to get mad about if people keep pointing out what actually happened in the game

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

No Mods No Masters posted:

How am I supposed to find something to get mad about if people keep pointing out what actually happened in the game

Turns out

Trash Ops posted:

learn to read dumbass lol

was solid advice

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Regalingualius posted:

So what’s usually considered the best job to go soloing in Eureka with, since group exp outside of Fates sucks so much? I’ve been rocking it as PLD, and while I’m almost never in any danger of dying, stuff takes forever to kill even with a 5-stack hitting a weakness.

I did most of Eureka as Reaper which worked out pretty well, you have alot of good aoe damage that you can survive decently sized groups by the time you get logos actions and can use bloodbath.

This was with an Osode though..which well, you should have for anyone in Eureka tbh. That haste is nuts.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Mmmmmmm soulglazed gae bolg
time to grind the poo poo out of AV i guess

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I ended up doing sastasha for that phase because I got bonus light.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Every time I fire Machinist's Ult in CC or Frontline I point my finger at the screen and pull a pretend trigger.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

That's just an average Frontline game.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

OhFunny posted:

Every time I fire Machinist's Ult in CC or Frontline I point my finger at the screen and pull a pretend trigger.

It's so fun.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I want to know what happens if a Hrothgar comes.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

My culture is not your costume

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

If you take him out on a nice enough date you might find out :haw:

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

24 hour patch :negative:

limp dick calvin fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Jul 4, 2022

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Take the time to play all of the other 13 Final Fantasies, of course

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

ImpAtom posted:

The sign says FURRY, not FURRIES. We're allowed to have one.

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Sometimes you just get in a screenshot mood.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
To give us something to talk about during maintenance, have a video I made about combat styles that exist in-game, but we can't play! There's spoilers around there mostly in clip selection, I'd recommend having finished the MSQ, but the focus of the video doesn't really care much about actual plot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5ji-c8y1mI

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

gently caress you ruby dragon gently caress YOU

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Ibblebibble posted:

gently caress you ruby dragon gently caress YOU
Shoulda just caught it on your first try like me :smug:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Martman posted:

Shoulda just caught it on your first try like me :smug:

i will destroy you and all you love in your sleep

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Ibblebibble posted:

i will destroy you and all you love in your sleep
I'm sorry I had to do it. I'm down to my last 2 difficult fish, Sothis and Placodus (two of the seven Fabled ocean fishing blue fish) and my brain has been absolutely melted by the absurdity of fishing in this freaking game. You will probably have some fishing tasks that you blow through in a hundredth of the time it takes some other players, and you should definitely make them feel bad about it.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Regalingualius posted:

Take the time to play all of the other 13 Final Fantasies, of course

or play Crystal Project it seems to rule so far

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Patch notes are up
https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/c9a406ea32e9be602e61a9e396b94ae0a5917aee

quote:

Damage dealt for summoner, scholar, and white mage, have been changed from 0% to -10%.

yeah, I'm sure that will fix Frontline (they have not added a maximum number of targets to aoe skills in PVP)

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Patch notes are up.
Of course the major new feature is Data Center Travel, with all its listed restrictions, and there's PVP changes with the start of the new Season (but not Series). There's some Frontlines specific changes in there, too, with more planned for 6.2.

The other major changes of note are that the alliance raid Coins can now be used to purchase Radiant Roborant, P4N no longer has a weekly lockout on Blades, and Savage is now uncapped (always two chests and they always appear on clear, plus no fight prereqs so you can queue directly into any of the fights after reset) - no Echo yet, though.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Martman posted:

I'm sorry I had to do it. I'm down to my last 2 difficult fish, Sothis and Placodus (two of the seven Fabled ocean fishing blue fish) and my brain has been absolutely melted by the absurdity of fishing in this freaking game. You will probably have some fishing tasks that you blow through in a hundredth of the time it takes some other players, and you should definitely make them feel bad about it.

So far nothing's been ridiculously easy, although I did get Opabinia, Raim and Problematicus all in one day yesterday so I can't really complain. I did manage to one-shot some of the ARR legendaries but that was years ago.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Tamba posted:

Patch notes are up
https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/c9a406ea32e9be602e61a9e396b94ae0a5917aee

yeah, I'm sure that will fix Frontline (they have not added a maximum number of targets to aoe skills in PVP)

Yeah, that's not gonna solve poo poo, that's just gonna mean even less people are having fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Patch Notes Pvp posted:

Eventide: Base potency has been increased from 1 to 10,000.
Well that is a bit dramatic o.o