Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/weebservations/status/1543441712848130053?s=20&t=d5TTcmczJ19gqAG17YccdA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

ah, the strongest part of the story

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzZYXqUdp5o

Direct version of the trailer

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

owns

anyways, started reading Spy x Family. does a good job at mixing the comedy and tension imo, hopefully it keeps it up the further it goes on

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Oh Crunchyroll whatever won't you buy.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They're just streaming it like they've done with a lot of anime

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

dogsicle posted:

ah, the strongest part of the story

Sarcasm, I hope because the best part is the bromance between Vash and Wolfwood.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
The new vash looks like a rejected GEnshin impact character and if the story isn't covering the actual manga plot I don't care. I just want to see Wolfwood vs Livio and his stupid third arm and second personality animated.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The new vash looks like a rejected GEnshin impact character and if the story isn't covering the actual manga plot I don't care. I just want to see Wolfwood vs Livio and his stupid third arm and second personality animated.

Ok

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

Sarcasm, I hope because the best part is the bromance between Vash and Wolfwood.

yes knives is the weakest part of the og anime, haven't finished reading the manga to have a take on that

so basically i question the basis they seem to have for this new series, even though making diversions from prior series is the best way to go about doing whatever this is

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

sick opinion, which youtuber did you get it from?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

my first thought was vash looked like gungrave, having not seen either in thirty years or whatever.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Hell yeah gungrave

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's the best looking 3d anime trailer I've ever seen and it still looks like poo poo

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Nowhere near enough guitar fuzz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6j4jrszKNQ

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Not a fan of Vash's new look, prefer his Maximum coat and his metal arm being kept as a surprise weapon instead of out in the open. But whatever, as long as the action is good I'm down for more Trigun.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

That's the best looking 3d anime trailer I've ever seen and it still looks like poo poo

You're telling me. They changed his .45 to a .22???

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

It's clearly K-pop Vash.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

put vash in genshin imo

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

if you think that trailer looks like poo poo - distinct from just not liking it - you're an old person complaining about devil music

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Patware posted:

if you think that trailer looks like poo poo - distinct from just not liking it - you're an old person complaining about devil music

I'm sorry but variable frame rate animation looks like poo poo. It needs to all be the same. Plus in the escape pod scene it seems like there's elements in the scene with different animation rates which is especially jarring. At least in the Netflix blame thing it was an intentional style choice, even if I still thought it looked bad there. Maybe this is an artifact of being a gamer but consistent frames is key. They can get away with it in drawn animation because there's a lot of ways to not change a part of a frame but still give it the feeling of motion, that nobody seems to have figured out for 3d animation.

Larry Parrish fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Jul 3, 2022

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Fushigi Yugi reboot when

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

At first I though "there already is one" but that's Fruits Basket.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Larry Parrish posted:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I think it looks neat :smith:

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

don't know if they're ever gonna find as good a fit again for their cgi style as houseki no kuni was

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So I assume the new Trigun anime is essentially a remake that sticks closer to the manga ala what FMA, Sailor Moon, and Shaman King did then?

super-redguy
Jan 24, 2019

Tales of Woe posted:

don't know if they're ever gonna find as good a fit again for their cgi style as houseki no kuni was

BEASTARS was incredible too.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I found that the CGI in Kengan Ashura seemed to work for it.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

forgot to post here about it last night but lol holy poo poo season 2

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

:carol: Tomo-chan is a Girl getting an anime in January 2023. :carol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fmpa10BFimE

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Daedalus1134 posted:

:carol: Tomo-chan is a Girl getting an anime in January 2023. :carol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fmpa10BFimE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWa0dZMHYeE

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Panty and Stocking aired in 2010.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Okay so we already knew that the Mahoyo remaster would have an English translation, but OFFICIAL WESTERN RELEASE BAYBEE

https://twitter.com/0_arir/status/1543733635089862656?s=20&t=ZY7BWOpeySxy-3PwAFd1yw

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Says winter but for specificity I'm pretty sure the Japanese and international release is already slated for December.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Okay so we already knew that the Mahoyo remaster would have an English translation, but OFFICIAL WESTERN RELEASE BAYBEE

https://twitter.com/0_arir/status/1543733635089862656?s=20&t=ZY7BWOpeySxy-3PwAFd1yw

Tsukihime Remake localization definitely becoming more likely with this...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

*sees 3 shows that came out in 3 different decades* it is 2006