Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Panfilo posted:

When professor X lost his powers did his hair grow back and regained the ability to walk?

baldness isn't a disability wth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Elephant Ambush posted:

This is ableism.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Elephant Ambush posted:

It is, however, a sign of fraudulence

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Wrong thread, OP

Hell, wrong subforum!

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

pik_d posted:

Wrong thread, OP

Hell, wrong subforum!

It's a universal truth, just watch Picard

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Wrong thread.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

:wtc: why would you want ANYONE to do that

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Reported for encouraging self-harm.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

honestly i know people are hating in this thread but i think that's just "star wars fan brain." they want the pretty laser sword and the dark evil man. the picard series isnt afraid to challenge norms and upend the standards of fiction, to ultimately satisfying degrees. if you're a star trek fan (or probably moreso, even if not!) you OWE it to yourself to watch "Picard." And I wouldn't be surprised if there's points where you're coming back at me saying "hey I just watched season 1 episode 6 and this didn't make sense," or "I watched season 2 episode 4 and it was stupid," but seriously trust me, i promise you, by the last episode of season 2 you will understand it all, and it will be the greatest thing you've ever watched.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

That DICK! posted:

honestly i know people are hating in this thread but i think that's just "star wars fan brain." they want the pretty laser sword and the dark evil man. the picard series isnt afraid to challenge norms and upend the standards of fiction, to ultimately satisfying degrees. if you're a star trek fan (or probably moreso, even if not!) you OWE it to yourself to watch "Picard." And I wouldn't be surprised if there's points where you're coming back at me saying "hey I just watched season 1 episode 6 and this didn't make sense," or "I watched season 2 episode 4 and it was stupid," but seriously trust me, i promise you, by the last episode of season 2 you will understand it all, and it will be the greatest thing you've ever watched.

you're a sick individual for trying to do this to people

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mods ban this sick filth

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
I watched the first season and it was Mass Star Treck Effect, but lots of member berries scattered throughout. In conclusion, it was poo poo.

Disco is also poo poo. Star War TV gargles balls.

First ep of SNW made little sense but at least it is back to forehead alien of the week format.

Below Decks is great.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Collateral posted:

I watched the first season and it was Mass Star Treck Effect, but lots of member berries scattered throughout. In conclusion, it was poo poo.

Disco is also poo poo. Star War TV gargles balls.

First ep of SNW made little sense but at least it is back to forehead alien of the week format.

Below Decks is great.

give S2 a chance, watch it the whole way through tbh. i had my own doubts early on but by the end it somehow manages to solve every issue i had with S2 and S1. A triumph.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

jabby posted:

Watching the animated Gunpowder getting beaten to a pulp by Soldier Boy kinda makes what Butcher did to him ten times worse.

Imagine having that background and then suddenly the guy who's been stalking you turns out to have Soldier-Boy level superpowers, and proceeds to cave your face in.

To quote Butcher (which we see more and more is true for him as well):

It don't change who you are.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Picard s2 had all my favorite Trek stuff (Borg, mirror universe, Q) but for some reason the writers thought I would want to delve into JL's mommy psychodrama. Like he's already got a brother he's semi-estranged from who was nowhere, come on.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

GunnerJ posted:

Picard s2 had all my favorite Trek stuff (Borg, mirror universe, Q) but for some reason the writers thought I would want to delve into JL's mommy psychodrama. Like he's already got a brother he's semi-estranged from who was nowhere, come on.

Picard's extended family died in a housefire at the start of Generations.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

He was nowhere in the psychodrama! (edit: or at any rate had no major role)

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

You're saying a show called Picard would be about Picard?

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

I'm saying there's already material for Picard's family issues that went strangely ignored.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Holy poo poo can't believe mm loving murdered tod

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
I somehow find it worse that Tod is a chud teacher. He deserved it.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
it'd be hilarious if the next episode is just

MM

todd is dead

you killed him

*mm sits regarding his destructive influence on his daughter for an hour*

no, homelander doesn't appear

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

That DICK! posted:

I am deeply sorry for this derail that resulted in this steaming hot poo poo of a take ending up in this thread.

I'll check out SNW and Below Decks if Disco/Picard haters aren't hating them but I'm not huge on a Family Guy esque take on Star Trek, if I want that I can watch the first half of The Orville's first season.

As for The Boys, I've legit enjoyed this season, there seems to be an abundance of watchers in this thread looking for more than there is though. It's a good schlocky "what if Superheroes were a capitalist product" vehicle for parody allegories on current events with the tongue firmly planted in cheek. I loving love it.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
it really is a bad sign for an episode when the derail is picard focused

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
SNW and Lower Decks are both really good and worth your time.

I’m still waiting for Homelander to just go ‘gently caress it’ and wipe like Minnesota or some small island nation off the map.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The_Doctor posted:

I’m still waiting for Homelander to just go ‘gently caress it’ and wipe like Minnesota or some small island nation off the map.

Wipe out Annie's hometown

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

The_Doctor posted:

after this disappointing turn for the season in the last episode (i know i'm in the minority on that), the way they'd get me back for s4 is just

'the boys' text on screen, screams+sirens etc

annie saying on the phone to hughie 'we need to hide. he's gone nuclear'

something about millions dead, homelander is taking a break on the moon, there is no more sheesh should we really be doing all this?

or something to that effect, and then for s4 episode 1 to actually be that, and have all of this awfulness finally come to it's inevitable crescendo

if it's a season of homelander being depowered and humiliated before inevitably getting repowered and THEN doing that finale part, i don't need to see any more. let's not drag this evil superman saga out much more, the seams are getting worn down at this point.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

The_Doctor posted:

uc7

He's a bully. That was only an option when he was unchallenged. He's going to do poo poo till he's on top again

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Panfilo posted:

When professor X lost his powers did his hair grow back and regained the ability to walk?

Almost every storyline where Professor X regains the ability to walk has him turning into a massive rear end in a top hat narcissist because it turns out; he is a massive narcissistic rear end in a top hat but he just hides it better when he can't walk and actually needs to rely on other people to help him do poo poo.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
i was watching an s1 episode today just out of boredom and holy poo poo they dropped that entire supes in the military plotline huh

i think we had one mention of it in ep 1 of this season and that's it. in s1 it was THE THING. supe terrorists! WAR MACHINE!

just didn't happen.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
They really messed up not having Picard be a procedural where he solves a series of cozy space mysteries while seeing old friends and visiting places from his past.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

roomtone posted:

i was watching an s1 episode today just out of boredom and holy poo poo they dropped that entire supes in the military plotline huh

i think we had one mention of it in ep 1 of this season and that's it. in s1 it was THE THING. supe terrorists! WAR MACHINE!

just didn't happen.

There was a whole-rear end conversation about how Edgar thought it was a terrible idea and wanted out of the hero game in general, yes. The plot arc resolved, as plot arcs tend to.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

roomtone posted:

just didn't happen.

Not really. Temp-V is now the big Vought scheme to make tons of money from the military

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
i watched the scene it's just if you go back and watch season 1 they were really building that up and then it's just nothing

two guys talking in a room about how something is a bad idea isn't a resolution, it's 'eh, forget that idea'.

it was homelander's whole deal in s1. i forgot this is kind of why i thought they hosed him up by dropping all of that for the stormfront stuff in s2. just feels like they don't really know where they're going from season to season.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

roomtone posted:

i watched the scene it's just if you go back and watch season 1 they were really building that up and then it's just nothing

two guys talking in a room about how something is a bad idea isn't a resolution, it's 'eh, forget that idea'.

it was homelander's whole deal in s1. i forgot this is kind of why i thought they hosed him up by dropping all of that for the stormfront stuff in s2. just feels like they don't really know where they're going from season to season.

The "supes in the army" plotline resulted in the invention of temp V. It's a major part of the plot.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

roomtone posted:

just didn't happen.

That's why Edgar says Vought is a pharmaceutical company not a Super Hero company. He never wanted Supes in the military. It's better business for Vought to keep selling Temp V (if they ever get it right) repeatedly to the government.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
ok

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

roomtone posted:

it really is a bad sign for an episode when the derail is picard focused

Last page or so has me keep thinking i accidentally opened the modern star trek thread

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
looking forward to this show ending and never dealing with the monstrously manipulative, staggeringly evil person who has more blood on their hands than any other

spook mallory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

roomtone posted:

just didn't happen.

I assumed that it was hyped up to scare people into accepting Supes despite the whole Compound V thing being found out along with militarizing them. The fact that the "super terrorists" are actually of no threat is intentional.