Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

The Saucer Hovers posted:

im tired of a single poster steering the conversation towards a single semi-adjacent topic for multiple pages in a row.

find a new bar + share with us then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

im tired of a single poster steering the conversation towards a single semi-adjacent topic for multiple pages in a row.

Post something then. People are free to post what they want, or ignore posts, or engage with them

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

multistability posted:

Post something then. People are free to post what they want, or ignore posts, or engage with them

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

you just quoted yourself (a single poster) to spread your discomfort with the topic at hand (the discomfort being your pet topic now) over two pages. ironic!

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

self quote as reply is not pure self quote i am not owned

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

multistability posted:

you've tried to get people to engage with you on this a couple times now and it doesn't appear that folks really find what you're saying to be compelling, and so you're posting the same stuff and people are responding to you with the same stuff. if you've got something you haven't posted before, please bring that up, but for now let's give this little negative feedback loop a rest please

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

Azathoth posted:

you've tried to get people to engage with you on this a couple times now and it doesn't appear that folks really find what you're saying to be compelling, and so you're posting the same stuff and people are responding to you with the same stuff. if you've got something you haven't posted before, please bring that up, but for now let's give this little negative feedback loop a rest please

Ok lol

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

multistability posted:

The question of how likely it is to occur naturally is extremely relevant when there is a DARPA research proposal to insert furin cleavage sites into a type of virus in which FCS seem not to occur naturally (as Chamale stated, sarbecovs exist mainly in bats and FCSes are selected against in bats), literally a year before the pandemic began, yeah

Evolutionarily speaking, the closest related virus to sars cov 2 evolved away from it no later than like 80 years ago I think? And given how fast these viruses evolve that means they're not very closely related at all unfortunately if we want to figure out how the FCS evolved

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

hatch forth from the coddling embrace of the epstein thread and make your own thread about it multistabikity. its not that what youre saying isnt interesting, it just needs its own space to thrive or die.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Epstein content! Getcher Epstein content right heah!

"What’s perhaps most interesting in my findings about Jenkins—not the alleged sex trafficking ring, nor the suspicious charity fundraising—can be summarized in a solitary quote from a 2010 profile. And no, it’s not the one where she likens herself to a “transvestite” when looking at older photos. In this one, she discusses her reinvention from Sanela, a young, poor refugee from war-torn Bosnia, to Diana—named for the goddess of the hunt.

“That girl, Sanela, I didn’t want to know her anymore because she had so much on her shoulders. So I invented Diana—all smiley and happy, beautiful, charming.” Sanela, she later admits, “doesn’t really approve of Diana.”

:catstare:

mawarannahr posted:

this is a better link: https://www.lipstickalley.com/threa...rities.4904659/

ctrl+f to Epstein if you want

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

I'm reading american tabloid and it kicks rear end. Can't wait to read the rest of this trilogy.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Opening a box of Cracker Jacks and finding Jolly West inside

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Suplex Liberace posted:

I'm reading american tabloid and it kicks rear end. Can't wait to read the rest of this trilogy.
Oh yeah once you start learning about this poo poo Ellroy comes together in an unbelievable way.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Bosnian refugee and Clinton Foundation donor, huh? [whistles]

Edit: “Dear Garcelle, Next time you go on national television why don’t you educate viewers on how many times I went to Haiti. Your home country. Why don’t you tell viewers how many millions of my dollars I have given to your country. A woman from Bosnia did that.”

Holy gently caress

Perry Mason Jar has issued a correction as of 22:23 on Jul 3, 2022

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Laterite posted:

"What’s perhaps most interesting in my findings about Jenkins—not the alleged sex trafficking ring, nor the suspicious charity fundraising—can be summarized in a solitary quote from a 2010 profile. And no, it’s not the one where she likens herself to a “transvestite” when looking at older photos. In this one, she discusses her reinvention from Sanela, a young, poor refugee from war-torn Bosnia, to Diana—named for the goddess of the hunt.

“That girl, Sanela, I didn’t want to know her anymore because she had so much on her shoulders. So I invented Diana—all smiley and happy, beautiful, charming.” Sanela, she later admits, “doesn’t really approve of Diana.”

Lmao lmao lmao

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
I’ve failed you mr McGowan

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Remulak posted:

Oh yeah once you start learning about this poo poo Ellroy comes together in an unbelievable way.

I did a big lol out loud when I learned who Pete B is based on. Its so good and so hard boiled just dudes talking bout committing crimes.

multistability
Feb 15, 2014
https://twitter.com/GhostStoriesEnd/status/1543735929399033856?t=JFM20PLt4Yb4Z9CAqXtuhA&s=19

Why does Fort Detrick appear on it so many times :confused:

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

what's the source on this list, i thought the mkultra docs listing the projects were all burned

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Laterite posted:

The Real Housewives of Sex Trafficking.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Looking at that list i'm pretty sure MK Ultra is satanic

anyway thanks for reading, i am now going to start a life as far from the reach of modernity as i can

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

Trabisnikof posted:

what's the source on this list, i thought the mkultra docs listing the projects were all burned

Idk I guess gh0stpinballa posted it on Twitter. gh0stpinballa, do you still read this thread?

but in trying to track down a source I found this

https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/sites/default/files/hearings/95mkultra.pdf posted:

12. Subprojects involving funding support for unspecified activities connected with the Army's Special Operations Division at Ft. Detrick, Md. This activity is outline in Book I of the Church Oommittee Report, pp. 388-389. (See Appendix A, pp. 68-69. Under CIA's Project MKNAOMI, the Army Assisted CIA in developing, testing, and maintaining biological agents and delivery systems for use against humans as well as against animals and crops.

:stare:

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Subprojects 102 and 103...? Terrifying

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

multistability posted:

Idk I guess gh0stpinballa posted it on Twitter. gh0stpinballa, do you still read this thread?

but in trying to track down a source I found this

:stare:

this is at least an interesting rabbit hole, funny how i haven't heard of MKDELTA before

quote:

A special procedure. designated MKDELTA, was established to
govern the use of MKULTRA materials abropd. Such materials were
used on a number of occasions
. Because MKULTRA records were
destroyed, it is imnossible to reconstruct the operational use of
MKULTRA materials by theCIA overseas; it has been determined
that the use of these materials abrad began in 1953, and possibly as
early as 1950

Drugs were used primarily as an aid to interrogations, but
MKULTRA/MKDELTA materials were also-used for harassment,
discrediting, or disabling purposes
. According to an Inspector General
Survey of the Technical Services Division of the CIA in 1957-an
inspection which did not discover the MKULTRA project involving
the surreptitious administration of LSD to unwitting, nonvolunteer
subjects-the CIA had developed six drugs for operational use and
they had been used in six different operations on a total of thirty-three
subjects.17 By 1963 the number of operations and subjects had in-
creased substantially.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lol number 100, penn state. was sandusky CIA?

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Subprojects 102 and 103...? Terrifying

Yah thats a uhhhh combo.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
lmao at "sabotage of petroleum"

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Mameluke posted:

lmao at "sabotage of petroleum"

can't believe that they loving got andreas malm

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Suplex Liberace posted:

I did a big lol out loud when I learned who Pete B is based on. Its so good and so hard boiled just dudes talking bout committing crimes.

Who? I read that when I came out, and assumed it was a composite of a lotta scumbags.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Remulak posted:

Who? I read that when I came out, and assumed it was a composite of a lotta scumbags.

Robert Maheu but it is a composite as well. I don't think IRL Robert was a mountain of French Canadian. My favorite character is the minor mob boss who only gets bj's never fucks.

I would like some more thread specific fiction, I read crying of lot 42 and I liked it. I tired to read V and got through the first 4 chapters and I couldn't keep anything straight.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

I like the completely innocuous sounding ones like sleep and collecting plants.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Suplex Liberace posted:

Robert Maheu but it is a composite as well. I don't think IRL Robert was a mountain of French Canadian. My favorite character is the minor mob boss who only gets bj's never fucks.

I would like some more thread specific fiction, I read crying of lot 42 and I liked it. I tired to read V and got through the first 4 chapters and I couldn't keep anything straight.
Ah hell he was French Canadian anyway.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Maheu

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

Spergin Morlock posted:

"and down here we have a tunnel where you can remove the bodies to a submarine and disembark from an underwater cavern. zero risk!"

Harold Stassen posted:

“The Octopus” is probably a better descriptive name for the pedo cabal anyway since it’s not just pedos and not just a cabal

The Beatles posted:

I'd like to be
Under the sea
In an octopus' garden
In the shade

He'd let us in
Knows where we've been
In his octopus' garden
In the shade

I'd ask my friends
To come and see
An octopus' garden
With me

I'd like to be
Under the sea
In an octopus' garden
In the shade

We would be warm
Below the storm
In our little hideaway
Beneath the waves

Resting our head
On the seabed
In an octopus' garden
Near a cave

We would sing
And dance around
Because we know
We can't be found

I'd like to be
Under the sea
In an octopus' garden
In the shade

We would shout
And swim about
The coral that lies
Beneath the waves
(Lies beneath the ocean waves)

Oh what joy
For every girl and boy
Knowing they're happy
And they're safe
(Happy and they're safe)

We would be so happy
You and me
No one there to tell us
What to do

I'd like to be
Under the sea
In an octopus' garden
With you
In an octopus' garden
With you
In an octopus' garden
With you

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

lol you know why

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Leave Ringo alone he's just a nice guy

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/booth_okc/status/1543630037072564225

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

that's loving bone chilling lol

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Botanicals Popkin sounds fun, I wonder what that means

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

the deep state goat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Remulak posted:

Ah hell he was French Canadian anyway.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Maheu

Oops I had just looked at his birth place. Did not expand the early life.