Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

SG Bamboo posted:

Really everything but the Pheromones match was good (story of DDT) but if you're short on time I'd say the three Tournament matches and Andrew the Giant's debut great, with Akiyama/Higuchi being the weakest of those four

Yeah, just start the main show after the first match and go from there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Raeg posted:

Yeah, just start the main show after the first match and go from there.

But then you'd miss the preshow which also ruled. The Damnation match was fine with moments of being very good, but the Eruption six person tag is definitely worth the watch

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

:lol: based on the above responses I jumped to right after the Pheromones match and the English commentary team are saying,"Well.... let's change the mood entirely....." :laugh:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Poor Ueno can't catch a break, eh?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh my God this is my first experience of Andrew the Giant Everett and I didn't understand what I was getting into :lol:

Teaming him with the 11-foot-tall Chris Brookes was a masterstroke.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Hell yeah Higuchi! :woop:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jerusalem posted:

Hell yeah Higuchi! :woop:

The next step is him defending against Endo at Peter Pan, it'd be kind of deflating if he lost the first defence just to get it back to pre-CyberFest

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

The next step is him defending against Endo at Peter Pan, it'd be kind of deflating if he lost the first defence just to get it back to pre-CyberFest

That shot of Higuchi waving the flag was way too badass to just be for a guy who would lose his first defense, I hope he beats Endo's rear end :colbert:

Also, Takeshita's gonna be at Peter Pan too! :woop:

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
lol

https://twitter.com/ddtproENG/status/1543512243542732800

https://twitter.com/_AndrewEverett/status/1543503606166716416

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

GM Imabayashi is not putting up with anyone's poo poo, even if they are a special guest

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I hope Yoshihiko is a pro and doesn't sandbag and refuse to go up for the chokeslam :colbert:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/ddtproeng/status/1543525555961704448?s=21&t=6AMf3_fkPv8xu_iKT0g4Og

The little emoji is just killing me. God I love DDT

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah, that little emoji is the best, haha.

Also, we already know he's not 223cm.... because he said he was 225cm backstage!

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

i know he's young and blah blah blah many years or whatever but i'm still a bit bummed Yoshimura lost. i am very glad Higuchi was the one to take it because he felt like the least likely to get that nod. Endo match should be good and although i really like drat near everything Endo does,

Jerusalem posted:

I hope he beats Endo's rear end :colbert:

Unrelated, but Wrestle Universe didn't always have the Speed Controls for their replays right? This is somewhat new? Because i could have sworn the last show i watched (likely the King of DDT show right before this one) the only options for the vid were Video Quality and Commentary settings.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

a big fat bunny posted:

i know he's young and blah blah blah many years or whatever but i'm still a bit bummed Yoshimura lost.

Likewise, although I hope this showing means good things for him very soon. I've enjoyed him for years, although he's definitely been more inconsistent than others in his generation as a singles guy.

I had never noticed the speed setting, and had to check the GanPro tab I have to actually see what you were talking about

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Yoshimura's great, yeah, but I'd be heartbroken if the guy who unsuccessfully challenged for the KO-D belt 5 times lose again...

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
The Giant already getting fanart

https://twitter.com/mibo_mibott/status/1543567972358590465?s=21&t=buO1iCKCjGiQ_iSxX2z8GA

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The trembling legs :lol:

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
The Measuring of The Giant press conference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PH9To4f5iM

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"Don't look at my feet, you're all foot perverts...." :lol:

Edit: Oh my God the tape measure backup!

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

The chat's great. Everyone commenting is insisting he is well over 2m tall

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Dragon Gate X DDT news
https://twitter.com/DramaticDDT/status/1544605164375613440

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

hahahahaha this is perfect

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

... So does this mean I can blame Pheromones on Owashi instead of Takagi?

You've betrayed me, Sandstorm-man!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

loving hell yes please. https://twitter.com/ddtproENG/status/1544793365455245312?t=hfzRm_UrJl0M8ome0yVDxA&s=19

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I've been watching Cyberfight Festival & honestly, this is, entrances aside, much less fun than last year. Deeply underwhelmed so far.

If they do this again next year then for the love of God make it shorter

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Last year's Cyberfight was fantastic, this year definitely was lacking in comparison.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Card for tonight's cheering show, bummed I won't be able to catch it live and see my boy Kojima's big main event

DramaticDDT posted:

DDT “DDT FREE -LET’S ALL SPEAK UP!-”, 07/07/2022
Shinjuku FACE - 18.30 JST

1. KANON Vs Yuya Koroku
2. Yuki “Sexy” Iino & Danshoku “Dandy” Dieno Vs Akito & Kazuki Hirata
3. Jun Akiyama, Yuji Hino, Yukio Naya & Yuki Ishida Vs HARASHIMA, Toru Owashi, Yukio Sakaguchi & Hideki Okatani
4. Masahiro Takanashi & Shunma Katsumata Vs Asuka & Yusuke Okada
5. DAMNATION T.A Vs The Iyasareru!: Daisuke Sasaki & MJ Paul Vs Chris Brookes & Antonio Honda
6. Special Single Match: MAO Vs Andrew “The Giant” Everett
7. Special Tag Match: Kazusada Higuchi & Naomi Yoshimura Vs Yuki Ueno & Toi Kojima

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
that's a hell of a spot on the card for Kojima mmm

I like how Higuchi and Yoshimura beat each other senseless in the final and then decided to tag together, just the best way to become friends in pro wrestling

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Lily Catts posted:

that's a hell of a spot on the card for Kojima mmm

Especially since he (along with Ishida and Koroku) has yet to perform in front of a cheer crowd in their careers

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

fez_machine got confused and was posting about the DDT show in the NOAH thread, but I have terrible news, it looks like Honda got badly hurt and may have to retire, though not before a story first!

WAIT A SECOND THE STORY WAS A RUSE! :aaa:

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Anton proving to be incredibly over with chants back

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I am so bummed to have 5 more hours of work before I get home to watch :smith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh poo poo, Takeshita!

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
ELECTRIC CURRENT EXPLODING DEATH MATCH featuring Onita vs. Takeshita announced

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
things suddenly got big around here

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The measurement remains disputed, so I assume we have to stick with 223cm as Everett's official height :hai:

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
what's this?

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
YOSHIKO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh poo poo!