Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
people who never ever curse put me on edge. I don't trust them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

Yeah! gently caress those people

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

timp posted:

Not facing your garbage bin the right way on garbage night. Look I know this is some lily white suburban bullshit but it just annoys me to no end that my neighbors won’t take just one quick second to read the giant print on our bins that says “FACE THIS SIDE TOWARDS STREET” for the benefit of our sanitation workers. Their job is hard enough without having to tango with your hosed up bin positioning

In my suburb the garbage men carry a sharpie pen and if you put your bin out facing the wrong way they'll write a stern note on the lid reminding you. They've got those fancy trucks with the robot arms which pick the bins up for them and if they have to get out of the cab and turn a bin around so the arm can grab it they get really annoyed. :v:

Also there's a council bin inspector who will do surprise audits on an entire street on bin night and attach a big pre-printed cardboard sign to someone's bin if they sorted their garbage wrong and put an un-recyclable item in the recycling, so all your neighbours can see your MARK OF SHAME and know that you're a bad recycler :nyd:

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

What's their fucken problem? Too goody two shoes to fucken cuss like the rest of us shitbags?

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

People who really buy into the company culture and participate in everything at their job are absolute lunatics

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

In my suburb the garbage men carry a sharpie pen and if you put your bin out facing the wrong way they'll write a stern note on the lid reminding you. They've got those fancy trucks with the robot arms which pick the bins up for them and if they have to get out of the cab and turn a bin around so the arm can grab it they get really annoyed. :v:

Also there's a council bin inspector who will do surprise audits on an entire street on bin night and attach a big pre-printed cardboard sign to someone's bin if they sorted their garbage wrong and put an un-recyclable item in the recycling, so all your neighbours can see your MARK OF SHAME and know that you're a bad recycler :nyd:

That sounds ineffective. What if they just didn't get their trash picked up that day? Are garbage companies part of the government where you're from?

My garbage COMPANY simply won't pick up the trash or bill you extra for not following the rules. Not really sure which is better.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

deep dish peat moss posted:

People who really buy into the company culture and participate in everything at their job are absolute lunatics

Vile beings, fashioned in the dark by sinister hands

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
People who YELL LIKE INSANE FUCKS when they sneeze. You are human. You can control yourself.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Wendigee posted:

That sounds ineffective. What if they just didn't get their trash picked up that day? Are garbage companies part of the government where you're from?

My garbage COMPANY simply won't pick up the trash or bill you extra for not following the rules. Not really sure which is better.

Yeah I'm in Australia and the garbage companies are contracted/run by the local councils, paid via the yearly rates. In my area they have decals of the local council logo plastered all over the trucks.

If anyone would like further information please visit this Youtube channel which has been documenting suburban Melbourne waste collection trucks for the last 11 years: https://www.youtube.com/user/jatho4/videos

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
people that make cute quips like "you can't piss me off my kidneys stopped producing urine" a state is forcing a child to give birth to her rapists child, can you not?

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

EA Sports posted:

people that make cute quips like "you can't piss me off my kidneys stopped producing urine" a state is forcing a child to give birth to her rapists child, can you not?

Being on dialysis sounds like a pretty poo poo time to be fair. It doesn’t mean you can’t care about other stuff, but I’d forgive having a bit less emotional space to give when your kidneys don’t work cause you’re probably pretty sick.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

Future Wax posted:

Wearing shirts for bands you don't listen to.

Even if it's Whitney Houston? :ohdear:

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

Hammerite posted:

just refer to it at all times as "association football" in the poshest most la-de-dah voice you can manage, imo

I use "futbol"

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

deep dish peat moss posted:

Look Mark, we are are family here. Try to fit with the culture please.

Also, you do not get a COL adjustment this year, budget is tight.

Maybe next year.

Suspekt Device
Jan 9, 2017

People with brand loyalty to a particular type of American piss-flavored beer (Budweiser, Miller, Coors etc.) as if they didn't all taste exactly the same I judge to be shallow morons who probably also listen to pop country and mumble rap. I've seen evidence of this usually being the case.

Irregardless
Jan 19, 2007

not even once.
People who close a thread they made because they didn’t like the on-topic posts

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Whenever I meet an adult that really enjoys food normally eaten by children—like Oscar Meyer baloney or fruit by the foot—I always think of them as emotionally stunted in some way I can’t quite place. It’s like they told me that that their favorite song is ‘baby shark’.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Being obsessed with musicians or celebrities.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

Yeah, those muddy funsters can freak off!

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Devils Affricate posted:

People who YELL LIKE INSANE FUCKS when they sneeze. You are human. You can control yourself.

"WAZOO!" screamed Pepsi, sneezing violently.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

When people leave out a necessary "to be" from a sentence, as in: "The car needs washed."

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Internet slang in real life conversation

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Being able to hear someone's music on public transport when they have earbuds in. I don't know if it's really fuckin loud or the earbuds are just really lovely but I don't care.

Just shows a total blissful lack of awareness, floating on never realising people can hear their bad music, never caring that maybe we don't want to.

Cryomancer
Jan 22, 2005

Indeed.

Powered Descent posted:

When people leave out a necessary "to be" from a sentence, as in: "The car needs washed."

YES!!!

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Powered Descent posted:

I've never encountered this before. Are you from a southern state?

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Whenever I meet an adult that really enjoys food normally eaten by children—like Oscar Meyer baloney or fruit by the foot—I always think of them as emotionally stunted in some way I can’t quite place. It’s like they told me that that their favorite song is ‘baby shark’.

Fruit roll ups are great though.

Cheese strings too

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Powered Descent posted:

This is normal speech though?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

calling people buddy

Canadians are allowed

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Benny Harvey posted:

Lol where the hell is that considered normal speech? Do you live in a daycare centre?

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Scotland

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Powered Descent posted:

I agree unless the shorthand is fun…like saying you have to ‘poo poo the dog’ :downs:

Cryomancer
Jan 22, 2005

Indeed.

Benny Harvey posted:

It's part of some dialects in some US Midwest states and a couple of other, more Eastern states, but yeah, it sucks.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Nuts and Gum posted:

I agree unless the shorthand is fun…like saying you have to ‘poo poo the dog’ :downs:

The dog needs shat

Irregardless
Jan 19, 2007

not even once.
Clothes need warshin

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
edit: beaten by several minutes because refreshing is hard

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
changing lanes without signaling

Le Faye Morgaine
Feb 1, 2022
mixing bleach and ammonia

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Irregardless posted:

Clothes need warshin

Actually you'll find that they need "worshed."

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Being really into Electro-Swing music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Cereal with water instead of milk even if they have milk