Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

"Power is factual" that or look for something about picking up dog turds from the yard, or cereal tasting like cigarettes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

cereal, cigarettes, and dog turds didn't get me anything, but searching factual got me this which has the delightful phrase "My day is a legal crime made factual by my celebration of your surfaces" so thank you

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"Cereal" lead me to remembering Wii Distraction Piglets :allears:

surc
Aug 17, 2004

theironjef posted:

In the Lash of Thanatos arc, Ray calls Beef to ask him to MC the erotica contest, because he's "messed up pretty bad actually" and needs Beef to rally round a brother. But what did he mess up? It's not that Teodor is in the elephant suit, that happened before the contest and Williams is already convinced that Ray is in there. He also wrote notes for Beef specifically, since I doubt many other people would remember the time Ricky D fell hard for that lesbian from the block party. Is the screwup just that he forgot to schedule Beef in the first place? Does Ray have a fear of public speaking to groups of horny lesbians?

Teodor is subbing in for Ray who would be writing the erotica live, not MCing. Ray didn't book an MC and needs Beef to fill the role last minute. Presumably he just slapped the notes together after the call in 30 seconds or whatever.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

The alt text to this strip is "You are not a powerful man if you have no power when the power is off."

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

CaptainViolence posted:

does anyone remember the strip where ray says something like "always make sure authority is actual"? i can't find it with ohnorobot and i don't know if it's because it wasn't indexed or i'm remembering the quote completely incorrectly but neither authority nor actual give me anything

https://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01152010

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

oh my god, thank you! i have been searching for so long i forgot why i was even looking

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Party Boat posted:

The alt text to this strip is "You are not a powerful man if you have no power when the power is off."

i love how pissed off beef is in the last panel

dregan
Jan 16, 2005

I could transport you all into space if I wanted.
To no surprise, Amazon have not delivered the Achewood book today, and indeed have gone and cancelled the order completely now.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

dregan posted:

To no surprise, Amazon have not delivered the Achewood book today, and indeed have gone and cancelled the order completely now.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

"It doesn't exist, it never existed, and it may never exist. Thank you and have a nice day."

It's just the cookbook all over again.

ABen
Jul 11, 2008

Look - we need to have a stiff upper lip about this Black Death business.

Philippe posted:

"It doesn't exist, it never existed, and it may never exist. Thank you and have a nice day."

It's just the cookbook all over again.

It's nothing at all like the cookbook!

People are actually getting refunds this time!

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

I'm careful in life to make sure that Achewood books are actual

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

surc posted:

Teodor is subbing in for Ray who would be writing the erotica live, not MCing. Ray didn't book an MC and needs Beef to fill the role last minute. Presumably he just slapped the notes together after the call in 30 seconds or whatever.

See that's exactly what I used to think but when you go through and read it the decision to have T and not Ray in the elephant costume happens during the first practice session, not the night of the event. I guess he really did just forget to book a new MC for a few days. Classic Ray.

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008

surc posted:

Yeah upon rereading I understood it as Ray overselling the magnitude of his problem in order to get Beef on board and save himself some inconvenience. Classic selfish Ray. He was backstage shooting the poo poo with Lyle while the show was going on! Which is also one of my favorite Lyle moments. "Why won't you hold on? Everybody else holds on."

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Oni Press sassing Onstad

https://twitter.com/OniPress/status/1544075368050696193

lmao

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

:lol::lol::lol::patriot::lol::lol::lol:

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Chris brought that twelver of Asahi to Oni's birthday, and he doesn't even like Asahi.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Speaking of the lash of Thanatos arc, holy poo poo these are some great procgen metal covers

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Jesus Christ :iceburn:

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008

alright, i give up. what does onstad stand to learn from the toilet at the airport?

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
We are never going to see that book.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Javid posted:

We are never going to see that book.

The publisher dragging Onstad on Twitter probably means they've given up on seeing it themselves, yeah.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Please Onstad I just want the whole thing collected physically. The Dark Horse books were so good :negative:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

No you can't. Onstad hates finishing anything, and having money.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Just skimming back through this thread, it was 11 years and a handful of months ago that people started truly realizing cookbook II wasn't coming and it was way too late to claw their money back. At least Amazon is refunding people this time.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

Onstad has been shilling the same "oh no it's today" panel painted on a little canvas for $250 a pop for a while now, so you just have to wait until every achewood fan has one, demand dries up, and then he'll definitely have to work on new books bing bong so simple

(Haha just kidding he already switched to painting a Philippe version of the same panel)

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Lmao he has to be such a loving dick to get that kind of response

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
If the man does not actually want to do the achewood thing any more he should stop pretending like he does, IMO.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Bismack Billabongo posted:

It’s never coming out. Won’t get fooled again!! :tinfoil:

Not that this was difficult to predict but I do love a good gloat . Props to me

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Bismack Billabongo posted:

If the man does not actually want to do the achewood thing any more he should stop pretending like he does, IMO.

he's too busy making sodas

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

I'm assuming that the publisher clowning Onstad means that the book not being released is entirely his fault..? I mean, if ONI decided to cancel it and then dragged him on twitter... that would be a tremendously douchey, unprofessional, and just flat out cruel thing to do.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
i think this has given me the confidence to release my ios achewood reader on the apple store

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Stringent posted:

i think this has given me the confidence to release my ios achewood reader on the apple store

someone's about to pour small batch sarsaparilla syrup into your computer

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Happy Hippo posted:

I'm assuming that the publisher clowning Onstad means that the book not being released is entirely his fault..? I mean, if ONI decided to cancel it and then dragged him on twitter... that would be a tremendously douchey, unprofessional, and just flat out cruel thing to do.

there is an absolute pattern here

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Cloks posted:

someone's about to pour small batch sarsaparilla syrup into your computer

at least he'd be doing something.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
No idea why you guys are being so negative about this. My order is still up, and, yeah, the release date slipped a little bit, but there was a global pandemic so I think that's reasonable. I'm looking forward to sharing volume 1with my grandchildren once it arrives, and I'm sure the wait for volume 2 will be shorter once the workflow is hammered out.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

"Fare thee... NOT... well, Cymulon" popped into my head yesterday and I couldn't for the life of me remember where it came from from. Figured it out this morning: Achewood, of course.

Ooh, it's PAYBACK time, Cymulon! So much for YOUR seat at high court!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
It's a falcon, and yes.