Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
my buddy on mid journey doing some stuff:

"realistic artstation style cyborg ninjas showdown in a brutalist architecture environment with dramatic neon lighting and a cinematic style"

from elsewhere:
"hyperrealistic typhoon thunderstorm serpent rising"

I'm over here trying to give credit to people, or something...like it matters with this stuff, LOL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7of7
Jul 1, 2008

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
I dunno why midjourney is so great at tormenting pikachus but goddam does it have Wayne Barlowe's style down pat

https://imgur.com/a/xbwg3Rn

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
On the waiting list for Dall-e 2 but since I'm a nobody in Western Europe I doubt I will get access soon. Is there anybody with more daily prompt uses than creativity who could run mine through the machine?

"Formula one cars racing on Rainbow road, photo"

"Formula one cars racing on Rainbow road, photo, shutter speed 1/8 seconds"

"Formula one cars racing on Rainbow road, pixel graphics atari game"

"Formula one cars racing on Rainbow road, grand prix poster"

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

hydroceramics posted:

I'm looking for some other terms and artists names to mess around with in dalle mini. I feel like over the last couple weeks it has gotten a lot worse at generating images in the concept art style for some reason. What other terms do you think I should use to generate that same sort of feel?

I'd love for it to generate stuff like Simon Stålenhag, but that seems very unlikely given his specific mix of the contemporary and weird scifi.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Deltasquid posted:

On the waiting list for Dall-e 2 but since I'm a nobody in Western Europe I doubt I will get access soon. Is there anybody with more daily prompt uses than creativity who could run mine through the machine?

"Formula one cars racing on Rainbow road, photo"

"Formula one cars racing on Rainbow road, photo, shutter speed 1/8 seconds"

"Formula one cars racing on Rainbow road, pixel graphics atari game"

"Formula one cars racing on Rainbow road, grand prix poster"

Just a couple quick ones before I go to work. It's kinda tedious to download all of the individual pictures in a group then re-upload them to imgur. If you want some of them enlarged let me know.

Formula one cars racing on Rainbow road, photo, shutter speed 1/8 seconds

Formula one cars racing on Rainbow road, grand prix poster

"photograph of a pool party with pigs as the guests in the mid 1960s style of slim aarons"

sporklift fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Jul 3, 2022

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014

Gromit posted:

I'd love for it to generate stuff like Simon Stålenhag, but that seems very unlikely given his specific mix of the contemporary and weird scifi.

Thats the sort of feel I'm trying to generate - weird, conceptual sci fi like what you used to see in game manuals and book covers. I'm not an art person so I don't really have the language to quite get what I want. Way upthread somebody said the future is going to just be trying to figure out what random words to dump into an AI to manipulate the system and that's definitely what this feels like :awesomelon:

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I want to see what 2 can do after a year of iterating off of mass user inputs and refinements to better teach it what people want to see and mean by certain phrases

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

sporklift posted:

Just a couple quick ones before I go to work. It's kinda tedious to download all of the individual pictures in a group then re-upload them to imgur. If you want some of them enlarged let me know.

Formula one cars racing on Rainbow road, photo, shutter speed 1/8 seconds

Formula one cars racing on Rainbow road, grand prix poster

Cheers, thanks. I was expecting / hoping the AI would recognize "Rainbow Road" as being a place from Mario Kart but it took it very literally.

The grand prix posters are pretty cool though. Top left one in particular; could you enlarge it?

Two more requests /experiments if people don't mind:

1) An elegant woman with heavy makeup looking over the rim of a hand fan, portrait, oil painting

2) The skyline of ancient classical Rome, in the style of Hiroshi Nagai

for fucks sake
Jan 23, 2016

Gromit posted:

https://twitter.com/johnnygizmo/status/1543605979853512705

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Deltasquid posted:

Cheers, thanks. I was expecting / hoping the AI would recognize "Rainbow Road" as being a place from Mario Kart but it took it very literally.

The grand prix posters are pretty cool though. Top left one in particular; could you enlarge it?

Two more requests /experiments if people don't mind:

1) An elegant woman with heavy makeup looking over the rim of a hand fan, portrait, oil painting

2) The skyline of ancient classical Rome, in the style of Hiroshi Nagai

I don't know why this went b&w. Here's one with "in color" added.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Weird that it would do black and white. I wonder if it got a lot of old B&W textbook articles as training?

https://imgur.com/a/l0bzYxY
I saw these birds in cybernetic battle armor posted a while ago, apparently the prompt was

[bird type] wearing futuristic cybernetic battle armour, dramatic lighting, portrait, realistic reflections

It seems to work well enough, so maybe a couple other variations on that theme? Any of these appeal to you?

Party Parrot wearing futuristic cybernetic battle armor, dramatic lighting, portrait, realistic reflections

Fat plush frog wearing futuristic cybernetic battle armor, dramatic lighting, portrait, realistic reflections

Frog-themed Hot Dog wearing futuristic cybernetic battle armor, dramatic lighting, portrait, realistic reflections

Certified Forklift Operator wearing futuristic cybernetic battle armor, OSHA-compliant, dramatic lighting, full body, realistic reflections

Also, let's see how well it can extrapolate.

The forgotten Mario brother, Σario, Official Nintendo Reference Art

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

wa27 posted:

I don't know why this went b&w. Here's one with "in color" added.

Wonderful, thanks.

It's a shame the AI doesn't seem to know who Hiroshi Nagai is, though. Odd that it went for black & white!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Okay, I did a search for rome skyline picture on google image search, and there's a LOT of black and white vector art. That's gotta be the explanation

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

This last one really speaks to me, I kind of want to build an online identity around it

Chainclaw fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jul 3, 2022

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Black August posted:

I want to see what 2 can do after a year of iterating off of mass user inputs and refinements to better teach it what people want to see and mean by certain phrases

Do you rate the pictures after they're presented to say if it matched what you were going for or not? Or is it sophisticated enough to just somehow understand based on if you tweet it out that it was probably correct?

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Deltasquid posted:

Haha. I was thinking you were going for LGBTQ or the rainbow road from Thor? You have to be pretty specific.

A Strange Aeon posted:

Do you rate the pictures after they're presented to say if it matched what you were going for or not? Or is it sophisticated enough to just somehow understand based on if you tweet it out that it was probably correct?

You can choose to download the picture. You can also save pictures to a private gallery for yourself or publish a link to a picture. I'm kinda surprised there isn't more of a watermark or EXIF data.

“A funny vintage photograph of a cow riding a bicycle”

“macro photograph of a wolverine action figure with his claws popped in the art style of bill sienkiewicz”

They have an instagram prompt today "Dinosaur Birthday" that you can either suggest a prompt for them to do or make your own.

"A child's crayon drawing of a dinosaur with a birthday cake and jet airplanes in the background"

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

A Strange Aeon posted:

you can on midjourney, you can rate other people's stuff too

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
The Vermeerpocolypse

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

LifeSunDeath fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jul 4, 2022

Last Visible Dog
Jul 30, 2015

Playing with DALL-E's edit function. I took a watercolor painting I'd done of a raccoon's head, made the paper transparent, cropped off the bottom, and resized it to give DALL-E some space to work with.
There's some neat potential here!

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

photo of rappper Riff Raff riding a shark while drinking purple drink

photo of a teenaged werewolf slam dunking a basketball

Teenwolf reboot not looking so good.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Last Visible Dog posted:

Playing with DALL-E's edit function. I took a watercolor painting I'd done of a raccoon's head, made the paper transparent, cropped off the bottom, and resized it to give DALL-E some space to work with.

now crop the top and have it recreate the head

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Dogs playing poker in the style of Ralph Steadman.

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

:krad:

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
If you ask DALL E2 to generate prompts in the style of DALL E Mini does it kinda do a diss post?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

How do knees work

Rozzbot
Nov 4, 2009

Pork, lamb, chicken and ham

Fintilgin posted:

The Vermeerpocolypse

All of these are absolutely off the chain!

I would like to request some prompts of paintings in the style of Kay Sage to see what it spits out.

The ability of this thing to resurrect long dead artists is bonkers!

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

major xtro vibes

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Humbly requesting any Dalle-2 access holders to do variations of Francisco Goya's Saturn Devouring His Son but with Saturn eating funny things

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Scholtz posted:

Humbly requesting any Dalle-2 access holders to do variations of Francisco Goya's Saturn Devouring His Son but with Saturn eating funny things

Saturn devouring my homework

Saturn devouring a bowl of ramen in ukiyo-e style

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Saturn devouring the sun

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

That's a 90s video game ad

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Bro this is amazing, how the hell did it know that I also wanted the ocean to be codeine colored? AI is literally alive and throwed and trill.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

At some point it's effectively the AI determining the "Cool S" of all components of human language translated to image.

Which feels a bit like some sort of weird backwards human dopamine training exchange.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Last Visible Dog posted:

This is incredible! Theoretically, you could also give a certain person a bunch of different outfits (or bodies) by just cropping their head into this and giving it a prompt, right?

Also, most of the simple generators I've played around with are pretty good with horror type images, but that might just be because the things they produce are always a little disturbing.

Would someone with DALL--E-2 or Midjourney mind trying the prompt "a press photo of an evil nightmare horror magician"? I'm curious as to how it'll compare to one of the replicate generators or dall-e mini's stuff.

Here's replicate's attempt at it:

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Once in a blue moon Dall-E mini produces something that actually looks awesome.

Someone please try this prompt in Dall-E-2: frank zappa sci-fi paperback cover colorful illustration

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Pitdragon posted:

This is incredible! Theoretically, you could also give a certain person a bunch of different outfits (or bodies) by just cropping their head into this and giving it a prompt, right?

Also, most of the simple generators I've played around with are pretty good with horror type images, but that might just be because the things they produce are always a little disturbing.

Would someone with DALL--E-2 or Midjourney mind trying the prompt "a press photo of an evil nightmare horror magician"? I'm curious as to how it'll compare to one of the replicate generators or dall-e mini's stuff.

Here's replicate's attempt at it:

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

axolotl farmer posted:

Once in a blue moon Dall-E mini produces something that actually looks awesome.

Someone please try this prompt in Dall-E-2: frank zappa sci-fi paperback cover colorful illustration

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

huh, so it IS a completely different kind of result! very interesting!

and these are great, thank you!