Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Solus posted:

As much as I want to give Lewis a chance, him saying that Charles was more sensible through this corner than Max is uhhh lmao.

Poois Shamilton

edit: what a great page snipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Solus posted:

Red Bull should fire Max and replace him with Charles

Why would you want to make Charles instantly unlikeable?

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

need more salty carlos telling ferrari to go pound sand.

need more mick in points

need more lando in top 5 :lando:

need more max in midfield with a dogshit car

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
still comming down from that race goddamn

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
I didn't realise that Ferrari actively told Charles to stay out when the SC was announced. He really needs to copy Carlos and learn how to say no to his engineer.

Also looks like this will be last Grand Prix at Spa

a pipe smoking dog fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Jul 4, 2022

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Mode 7 posted:

I love Ricciardo and even I can't think of a single positive thing to say about him today. He's 100% not going to have a seat anywhere next year.

To be fair, he was going well, then they did a 4s pit stop and he lost 3 places, then his drs stopped working, then it got stuck open and he had to pit again for another 4s pit stop.

He was still catching up to the cars in front of him with the broken drs.

I'm all for making GBS threads on are Dan, but in this instance I can't complain about his performance.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

gently caress me that was a good race, having drivers at the front who can race wheel to wheel makes a massive difference.

I didn't even see the Gasly/Yuki incident, what happened?

Charles being snippy in the car was pretty funny.

Across the line audio was so up and down in energy, especially the sequence Mick (happy) Vettel (sad, wishes self happy birthday) KMag (pretty happy) Stroll (meh)

George not really taking responsibility for the crash is pretty bad, he knew Gasly was there and squeezed him anyway

CancerCakes fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Jul 4, 2022

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

Custard Undies posted:

To be fair, he was going well, then they did a 4s pit stop and he lost 3 places, then his drs stopped working, then it got stuck open and he had to pit again for another 4s pit stop.

I'm all for making GBS threads on are Dan, but in this instance I can't complain about his performance.

Didn’t know about all that. He had a really good start/launch too, gained a few places before the first corner and then did well to avoid a collision.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

CancerCakes posted:

gently caress me that was a good race, having drivers at the front who can race wheel to wheel makes a massive difference.

interesting too that the best racing of recent memory happens when max is nowhere to be seen :thunk:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Having slept on it, I am prepared to evaluate that race away from all the hype and in the cold light of a new day.

It loving owned!

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Still lol’ing at Ferrari’s “you are cleared to race”. So terrified of making an actual strategy call that they opted to resolve the issue via pure passion instead. 🤌

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

quote:

Provisional 2023 calendar: Starting 5 March in Bahrain, Vegas on 18 november. 23 or 24 races depending on China, South Africa returns, Belgium and France are gone.

No idea how accurate that is.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Is South Africa going to be good?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

You have to call the sport something other than Formula 1 if you take Spa away

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
Finally got a chance to watch the race after work. Had to be vigilant not to have it spoiled for me.

Last 10 laps was some of the best racing I've seen in F1 in ages. As someone said, almost motogp quality :D

Reading along to the thread while watching the race was quite entertaining too.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

I see no mention of the Vietnam GP, I assume that is completely dead now without even hosting a race?

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
Trading Spa for Vegas. We truly are living in a cursed timeline

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Toe Rag posted:

Why is the catch fence set back from the barrier? So the marshals et al have a safe place to walk?

I would hope that there would be a big push from everyone involved to not have a gap between the barriers and catchfence like this going into the future. Shouldn't be anywhere on the track that would take more than a couple minutes to get a driver out of their car if they need to be extracted quickly... Zhou completely uninjured from the crash, but would have probably died if the car burst into flames.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Custard Undies posted:

I see no mention of the Vietnam GP, I assume that is completely dead now without even hosting a race?

Yeah the guy who set it up was arrested for corruption and disappeared. I don't think anyone from F1 involved in the deal is going to want to go back to Vietnam, and the government have no interest in it now that the faction who were involved in arranging the race have all been replaced.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

The only bummer about the race was Charl getting hosed by strat instead of Carlos. Little movement in the WDC because of it. We need him to get back within 20-30 points for it to be interesting

Astaldo
Jan 4, 2015

xXxGangsterNinjaAssassinxXx
Hats off to the FIA for pushing that halo on everyone. I believe they also made changes to ensure sparks off the electronics systems can get to the fuel less easily when the car crashes, following Grosjeans crash. So double hats off I guess, to an organization I and many people poo poo all over on a regular basis.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I would hope that there would be a big push from everyone involved to not have a gap between the barriers and catchfence like this going into the future. Shouldn't be anywhere on the track that would take more than a couple minutes to get a driver out of their car if they need to be extracted quickly... Zhou completely uninjured from the crash, but would have probably died if the car burst into flames.

I think a gap of 10m or so is preferable to no gap - if a car manages to get on top of the tyres then I'd rather there was space for it to drop back into that you can drive vehicles into. Trying to do an extraction with a car upside-down on top of a tyre wall is going to be tricky.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

Thanks Ants posted:

I think a gap of 10m or so is preferable to no gap - if a car manages to get on top of the tyres then I'd rather there was space for it to drop back into that you can drive vehicles into. Trying to do an extraction with a car upside-down on top of a tyre wall is going to be tricky.

I think this might make the most sense too, but the larger the gap is, the closer to the track the tire wall is, so the cars could potentially be carrying more energy when they hit it. Cars can't get stuck like that though, that was really dangerous.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Custard Undies posted:

Didn't realise he had broken DRS - that certainly explains a lot.
He's still going to get turfed out of McLaren at the end of the season :smith:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

wow a broken DR3 and also a broken DRS in the car

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

mclaren is going to lose 4th to alpine in the next few races because dan cant get in the points consistently

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

#longcovid

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

ArmZ posted:

mclaren is going to lose 4th to alpine in the next few races because dan cant get in the points consistently

putting a lot of faith in french engineering and reliability there...

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

straight up brolic posted:

Charl should go to softs lol

lol

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

refleks posted:

putting a lot of faith in french engineering and reliability there...

faith in el plan

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Zak making Danny stay in F1 instead of letting him out to the NASCAR pasture has gotta be the unhealthiest situation on the grid outside rbpt

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Also looks like this will be last Grand Prix at Spa

If Spa goes, the Belgian national broadcast will stop paying the extortionary rates for the tv rights, and I'll stop watching F1, like most Belgians.
I know, nobody gives a gently caress. There's endless more money in corrupt desserts to be raked in. whether it's SA or las vegas.
I guess the 50000 orange men not showing up in the Ardennes anymore can be seen as something positive. Though the local tourist industry probably disagrees.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

acidx posted:

I think this might make the most sense too, but the larger the gap is, the closer to the track the tire wall is, so the cars could potentially be carrying more energy when they hit it. Cars can't get stuck like that though, that was really dangerous.

at the very least these should be redesigned

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/SkySportsF1/status/1543886477062455296

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Astaldo posted:

Hats off to the FIA for pushing that halo on everyone. I believe they also made changes to ensure sparks off the electronics systems can get to the fuel less easily when the car crashes, following Grosjeans crash. So double hats off I guess, to an organization I and many people poo poo all over on a regular basis.

Yeah, they seem to take safety seriously, it's wild how many lives the halo has saved. I think the FIA is definitely worth prai-

quote:

Provisional 2023 calendar: Starting 5 March in Bahrain, Vegas on 18 november. 23 or 24 races depending on China, South Africa returns, Belgium and France are gone.

gently caress's sake

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Why get rid of Spa I don't understand

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

net work error posted:

not enough petrodollars to bribe fia with

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

net work error posted:

Follow the money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

djfooboo posted:

Yes, love it. I love how open the pits are. It’s absolutely insane. My wife weazled her way into multiple cars got off the track. Coverage on national tv is worse then Indycar though :/

Yeah I was at mosport this weekend and they let you go everywhere essentially, it was a really fun weekend.