Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

lol

:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

GHWB is no doubt a man with double digit bodys. Hes a stone cold operator freaks me the gently caress out.

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

Suplex Liberace posted:

GHWB is no doubt a man with double digit bodys. Hes a stone cold operator freaks me the gently caress out.

Well he also has a stone cold body so at least there's that

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

captainbananas posted:

Well he also has a stone cold body so at least there's that
"Well he's dead now...In general, you always have to be careful"

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/RaniaKhalek/status/1543947774923882496

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Yeah we knew she was loving jfk

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
the I learn of the the more acid itself seems like it was developed specifically as a weapon lmao. it certainly helped destroy the left in California

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

acid wasnt doing the trick so they started giving all the hippies meth and the combo was a winner

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
It has wide-ranging application in psychotherapy with no apparent harm to patients, so no.

https://youtu.be/3mdYUmvTeig

Turns out most stuff is neutral until application.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
LSD just makes your mind more malleable I guess is how I would put it. It can be exploited by people who know what they're doing but I don't think it's harmful intrinsically

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Psychedelics are value neutral lol

Like most people would never shake out of the fake rear end understanding of this country and their place in it without stuff like that i guarantee

Theyre also madly advisable though

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Riot Bimbo posted:

Psychedelics are value neutral lol

Like most people would never shake out of the fake rear end understanding of this country and their place in it without stuff like that i guarantee

Theyre also madly advisable though

hell yeah

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

ive done some drugs and acid is the only thing thats felt like something a man did to me

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

shrooms are superior to lsd

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

shrooms always sound a lot more pleasant than acid

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

every person on the globe should brew shroom tea and sit under a tree for a day three times a year. this should be global mandate law.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Imho there's a pretty valid case for the promotion of acid by the cia* as part of a suite of attempts to encourage the counterculture away from its viable political energy and towards atomization of the individual. I'm pretty sure this is documented publically, at least as an attempt on paper. To say there was no such thing just shows you haven't binged 72 straight hours of Adam Curtis docos yet

*or whoever, I'm not american.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
I strongly prefer LSD to shrooms but it does seem to be a minority opinion. Shrooms tend to veer into confusion and thought-loops whereas LSD actually makes me feel more perspicacious. LSD also has a strong euphoric effect which is basically absent from shrooms (not to say unpleasant but not necessarily euphoric). No good reason for anyone to be scared of LSD but not shrooms, imo, try both and see what fits you better.

Edit: okay one good reason which is that it's far more difficult to know if the illegal drug you bought is actually acid than if it is shrooms. Only time "acid" was an RC was when I let someone else source it, so find good dealers.

Perry Mason Jar has issued a correction as of 20:15 on Jul 4, 2022

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

LSD is more like another dog off the leash then an intentional op, they didn't know what they were doing and played around like kids with it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Shear Modulus posted:

shrooms always sound a lot more pleasant than acid

taking too much shrooms can be incapacitating but at chiller dosage its very pleasant. i think you can theoretically take way to much acid and still be ambulatory

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I'm an acid girl myself but mushrooms are good too.

I will say, that high dose acid feels more potent and dangerous than high dose mushrooms, as far as what you may bring back with you to sobriety, it's a lot easier to pick up beliefs or ideas with it; that's just my experience though. Mushrooms have been far and away consistently more unpleasant in a "I'm gonna show you why you suck" kind of way but it always felt like somewhere in the back of my head, i was putting the pieces together and rebuilding, whereas lsd can just put ideas into your head? its hard to describe, one feels like the self has more control
acid feels like near chaos.

i have no doubt acid was and is abused to fairly tterrific effect by people who should not be allowed to live, i just think it is value neutral as far as what it can do for the world.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

sick

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

its crazy how clinton winning put into motion the placement of his son into the presidency but by then the world had moved on. he was destined to establish the new world order when the soviet union fell

clinton winning in '92 might be funnier than clinton losing in '16 is what I'm saying

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Riot bimbo I agree on the neutralness of acid and appreciate hearing your thoughts on it and ms. Set, setting. Find the others, or go it alone. Take it easy but take it!

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 26 minutes!
I never realized Timothy Leary was Winona Ryder's godfather until exactly today. lmao

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Robert Crimes III

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

acid wasnt doing the trick so they started giving all the hippies meth and the combo was a winner

Acid works, but the problem with psychedelics is the results are inconsistent and don't scale at all. TV and the internet work much better. Qanon is proof that we can psyop ourselves.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Perry Mason Jar posted:

I strongly prefer LSD to shrooms but it does seem to be a minority opinion. Shrooms tend to veer into confusion and thought-loops whereas LSD actually makes me feel more perspicacious. LSD also has a strong euphoric effect which is basically absent from shrooms (not to say unpleasant but not necessarily euphoric). No good reason for anyone to be scared of LSD but not shrooms, imo, try both and see what fits you better.

Edit: okay one good reason which is that it's far more difficult to know if the illegal drug you bought is actually acid than if it is shrooms. Only time "acid" was an RC was when I let someone else source it, so find good dealers.

I’ll always choose LSD over shrooms too. I’ve always ended up having a better time on acid. acid is just really dependent on things like the people you’re with the activities you’re doing and the location you’re in. if you are in an uncomfortable place with people you’re not super close with it’s not a fun time. i also feel like I’m just generally more perceptive on acid.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
shrooms gives me weird physical effects sometimes and is only chill like half the time (plus it tastes loving disgusting), LSD almost always make me really chill unless I was super anxious when I took it or have something on my mind

plus I like the LSD visuals a lot more

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Spergin Morlock posted:

I never realized Timothy Leary was Winona Ryder's godfather until exactly today. lmao

looks like her family ran in some interesting circles growing up

"Ryder's family friends were her godfather Timothy Leary, the Beat Movement poets Allen Ginsberg and Lawrence Ferlinghetti, and the science fiction novelist Philip K. Dick.[6] In 1978, when Ryder was seven years old, she and her family relocated to Rainbow, a commune near Elk, Mendocino County, California, where they lived with seven other families on a 300-acre (120 ha) plot of land."

i wonder who in hollywood she pissed off to let her get hung out to dry after her shoplifting arrest

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
lots of weird poo poo with the highland park shooter.

https://twitter.com/jimmyfalungong/status/1544128183980752896?s=21&t=0xzBiFGMrR2D2Vp6xzGunA

https://twitter.com/drposhlost/status/1544086902206173191?s=21&t=0xzBiFGMrR2D2Vp6xzGunA

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

just wanna advise not watching that 2nd video

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Sometimes I think about the internet as a vehicle to unintentionally spread mental illness and lol lmao here we go

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

considering the chans are all still up I think it's partly to intentionally spread mental illness

the rest of social media is designed to get people addicted in various ways, but that's used as a tool to extract data and sell scams

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

bobby crimo?

crime-o?

the simulation really is breaking down

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The shooter, Dick Crimes,

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Atrocious Joe posted:

considering the chans are all still up I think it's partly to intentionally spread mental illness

the rest of social media is designed to get people addicted in various ways, but that's used as a tool to extract data and sell scams

Qanon started on 4chan and now people like my mother and millions of other would-be normal people are batshit insane now so, yes, but not because it creates mental illness but because the the nature of Chan boards is that they are cloistered communities. Everything that becomes popular culture leaks or "leaks" out of some nominally insular community - especially slang, memes, jokes, trends, and other one-dimensional no-thought directives to perform.

Perry Mason Jar has issued a correction as of 04:03 on Jul 5, 2022

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

bedpan posted:

bobby crimo?

crime-o?

the simulation really is breaking down

you know how in Planescape Torment if you introduce your character by a fake name enough the collective belief that such a person exists eventually manifests a clone of the character going by that name? anyway that's what happened with steve jail

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

StashAugustine posted:

you know how in Planescape Torment if you introduce your character by a fake name enough the collective belief that such a person exists eventually manifests a clone of the character going by that name? anyway that's what happened with steve jail

What if, a mass shooter, was a tulpa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Atrocious Joe posted:

*nods knowingly, scrolls to next post*