Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Nuclear Tourist posted:

I'd rather set myself on fire than read cspam to be honest.

Mega agreedo. I’m sure the people who want the CSPAM update can just… do the clicking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Nuclear Tourist posted:

I'd rather set myself on fire than read cspam to be honest.

Username/post combo.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Wowzers. You should know you done hosed up if you ever start thinking MTG is anything other than a raving, bigoted lunatic. CSPAM is a special kind of special.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

bird food bathtub posted:

Wowzers. You should know you done hosed up if you ever start thinking MTG is anything other than a raving, bigoted lunatic. CSPAM is a special kind of special.

Can't spell 'camps' without 'cspam'!

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

https://twitter.com/igorsushko/status/1543441292457156611

A literal bad movie/video game plot.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

mine-clearing? christ, they're not even hiding it

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Tools? Mine detectors? Silly Pavel, you are the mine detector!

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

this is not exactly how you would expect the new suicide squad to go, but I suppose it was inevitable

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Rust Martialis posted:

Can't spell 'camps' without 'cspam'!

A year or two ago, I recall seeing a QCS suggestion to rack and stack posters by the subforum they post in the most, and then perma anyone whose top forums were CSPAM or QCS.

It remains the smartest thing I've ever seen on SA.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Raged posted:

Tools? Mine detectors? Silly Pavel, you are the mine detector!

The Iranian school of EOD. Morale destroying and incredibly ineffective.

Bravo.

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

I wonder why they keep dragging up WW2 tactics like that. It's like they learned not a loving thing from their conflicts in Afghanistan, Chechnya, Georgia etc.
edit: i mean we're not much better, but at least we try to kinda learn from our fuckups

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Jimmy Smuts posted:

I wonder why they keep dragging up WW2 tactics like that. It's like they learned not a loving thing from their conflicts in Afghanistan, Chechnya, Georgia etc.
edit: i mean we're not much better, but at least we try to kinda learn from our fuckups

If you're talking about using prisoners to clear mines, it's not a mistake. It's an opportunity to thin out the anti government prisoners and clear mines for the other troops at the same time.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Repeat after me: "The cruelty is the point."

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm sure the "promise of freedom" means, if you live, you have to stay in Ukraine and never come back to Russia. You can be their problem now.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

The Imp of Nipples posted:

I'm sure the "promise of freedom" means, if you live, you have to stay in Ukraine and never come back to Russia. You can be their problem now.

PRISONER: Wow the war is over and I somehow managed to survive all the mines and bullets and starvation. But its all worth it now that I'm going free!

COMMISSAR: Prisoner! The paperwork here says you were shot in the head while clearing mines.

PRISONER: what are you talking about you must have my file confused with another prisoner as you can see I'm right here!

*sound of a pistol being cocked behind the prisoner's head*

PRISONER: ... Oh.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

FWIW this dude is a former racecar driver in the US who has been posting about how the FSB is about to coup Putin since the first week (and is now collecting donations for his fan-fiction). There's no apparent reason to believe he has contacts in the FSB and his sources are "dude trust me."

I'm sure Russia is fully capable of doing hosed up poo poo with its prisoners, but I'm skeptical of anything this guy says.

e: this poo poo, basically Qanon for an anti-russia crowd

https://twitter.com/igorsushko/status/1541219291780882432?t=bEzH6DIX3xaRH2rddX5NIA&s=19

Generation Internet fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Jul 4, 2022

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

I expect that not one thought or bit of planning was given to “promise of freedom” beyond dangling it out there.

If the war ends and any of them still live then whoever is responsible for them at that moment will be stuck holding the bag.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Murgos posted:

I expect that not one thought or bit of planning was given to “promise of freedom” beyond dangling it out there.

If the war ends and any of them still live then whoever is responsible for them at that moment will be stuck holding the bag.

Yeah, I get that. To be honest, my initial reaction was for the Russians to pull the dregs of humanity from their prisons. The rapists and murderers etc. I assumed they would be used as fodder but also weaponized against the Ukrainians.. I'm not sure if that says more about me or how I view the Russians at this point and I feel bit creepy for going down that road.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Generation Internet posted:

FWIW this dude is a former racecar driver in the US who has been posting about how the FSB is about to coup Putin since the first week (and is now collecting donations for his fan-fiction). There's no apparent reason to believe he has contacts in the FSB and his sources are "dude trust me."

I'm sure Russia is fully capable of doing hosed up poo poo with its prisoners, but I'm skeptical of anything this guy says.

e: this poo poo, basically Qanon for an anti-russia crowd

https://twitter.com/igorsushko/status/1541219291780882432?t=bEzH6DIX3xaRH2rddX5NIA&s=19

what a (Louise) Mensch

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

Yeah, I get that. To be honest, my initial reaction was for the Russians to pull the dregs of humanity from their prisons. The rapists and murderers etc. I assumed they would be used as fodder but also weaponized against the Ukrainians.. I'm not sure if that says more about me or how I view the Russians at this point and I feel bit creepy for going down that road.

When Russia sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems to Ukraine. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Rust Martialis posted:

When Russia sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems to Ukraine. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists.

:smugdon:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Rust Martialis posted:

Yea we know, they already sent their army :suicide:

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

Arc Light posted:

A year or two ago, I recall seeing a QCS suggestion to rack and stack posters by the subforum they post in the most, and then perma anyone whose top forums were CSPAM or QCS.

It remains the smartest thing I've ever seen on SA.

The forum with like two dozen mods and IKs and like one or two actually post there.

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

The Russians have already sent the Wagner group and the Chechens. If cruelty was going to win this war for them, they'd be in Kyiv now.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Pennsylvanian posted:

The forum with like two dozen mods and IKs and like one or two actually post there.

The forum that would only be improved if that was actually the case, I think.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Pennsylvanian posted:

Most of the threads there seem to be targeted at getting people to play some weird one-upsmanship game with anxiety and fear and it creeps me out. I don’t think it’s good to incubate that poo poo in the forums but that’s the course we’re on.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Just hit the picture thread and leave the rest alone.

I read and post in a few cspam threads but I tend towards the doom threads (housing market, economics, biosphere collapse) with hearty lol. I stay out of almost all the other threads. Doomsday Econ used to be a gbs thread, so did a few other cspam megathreads.

There are definitely people there who are breeding mental disorders. Still, practically tame compared to the days of LF. Plenty of gip touches the cspam poop. Plenty in cspam consider gip its own brand of poop to not touch.

Maybe before opening a cspam thread, ask yourself what you expect from it. If you expect you'll get angry, maybe go to the dog thread for a while instead. And try to take it with a grain of salt anyhow, lots of people are just there to scream into a void, not everyone is a dyed in the wool tankie or trumper, though those fuckers are annoying.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I've arrived at taking solace in the probability that being an average peon in the post-industrial climate collapse hellscape will still be a better deal than most of humanity could even dream of until a few hundred years ago

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Tiny Timbs posted:

Most of the threads there seem to be targeted at getting people to play some weird one-upsmanship game with anxiety and fear and it creeps me out. I don’t think it’s good to incubate that poo poo in the forums but that’s the course we’re on.

Yeah it might produce a guy who gets arrested for planning a terrorist attack or something

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
https://twitter.com/ABarbashin/status/1543970156560392194?s=20&t=4hhP3EYyX301174Ent8oeg

A good overview on estimated Russian production capabilities and how long it will take them to replenish losses.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Alchenar posted:

Yeah it might produce a guy who gets arrested for planning a terrorist attack or something

Or somebody who kills a pet dog with a brick

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Looks like Russia's either going to have to find other routes to export all of that stolen grain, or make a national holiday encouraging people to bake churniyy xhleb.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jul/05/ukraine-russia-turkey-ship-grain-stolen

psydude fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Jul 5, 2022

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Hannibal Rex posted:

https://twitter.com/ABarbashin/status/1543970156560392194?s=20&t=4hhP3EYyX301174Ent8oeg

A good overview on estimated Russian production capabilities and how long it will take them to replenish losses.

"At current rate of production" is doing a lot of heavy lifting there.

psydude posted:

Looks like Russia's either going to have to find other routes to export all of that stolen grain, or make a national holiday encouraging people to bake churniyy xhleb.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jul/05/ukraine-russia-turkey-ship-grain-stolen

:rubby:

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

"Scientifically proven, rich and creamy."

Carth Dookie posted:

You're right. Given how reliant they're on imported components, it's unlikely they'll be able to keep up current production rates once remaining stocks are exhausted.

They can probably increase production of regular artillery shells, but that's of questionable utility if they get blown up before they reach the guns.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Carth Dookie posted:

True, the rate of production will only drop further. It will take them a year to redesign with subcomponents from suppliers who aren't export limited.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/status/1544392526404194308

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

This... is a lot harder to fake.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Thats funny as hell.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

M_Gargantua posted:

True, the rate of production will only drop further. It will take them a year to redesign with subcomponents from suppliers who aren't export limited.

Longer than that because I doubt there are 1 to 1 swaps for a lot of stuff which means you have to re-engineer it at a system level and then work out all the issues that come from the inevitable compromises.

They were using those export restricted devices because they didn’t have better alternatives to begin with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

A.o.D. posted:

This... is a lot harder to fake.

"This is not a DCS screenshot."