Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

I threw together a fishing script that you can paste into your browser console. Only works with mealworms for now. The autoFish function takes minIntervalMs and maxIntervalMs parameters which determine how long after a fish is caught before it will start fishing again. I suggest setting these parameters to a lower value than what I have in the script below.

JavaScript code:
function getRandomInt(min, max) {
  min = Math.ceil(min);
  max = Math.floor(max);
  return Math.floor(Math.random() * (max - min) + min); 
}

function getBait(){
	let el = document.getElementById("baitarea");
	let baitText = el.querySelector("strong").innerText;
	return Number.parseInt(baitText);
}

function autoFish(minIntervalMs, maxIntervalMs){
	let el = document.getElementById("fishinwater");
	let btn = el.querySelector("div.fishcell img[style*='inline']")
	let delay = 100
	if (btn != null && getBait() > 0){
		btn.click();
		delay = getRandomInt(minIntervalMs, maxIntervalMs);
	}
	setTimeout(autoFish, delay, minIntervalMs, maxIntervalMs);
}

autoFish(5000, 6000);
Fishing is actually pretty much entirely client-side, so you could just call the API and tell it you caught a fish, but there are other network calls associated with fishing so it seemed less risky to just do the dumb thing and simulate a click in javascript :v:

susan b buffering fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Jul 2, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Looks like that is working for me in Minerva and I have autohotkeys working too! Thanks to everyone for their help with gold fish hell.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
I like manual fishing.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

I like manual fishing.

Mods???

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

Arcturas posted:

Wow that 1 billion farming row upgrade gives a fair bit of XP. Just went from farming 84 to farming 97 with a button press.

I just did this for the event and yeah, exploring is back to my lowest skill. I'm so close to getting 85 with enough money to get a lvl6 green dragon immediately...

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

I like manual fishing.

If there was an option to make the bar vertical and also change which side of the screen it was on, I'd like it a bit more.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

I like manual fishing.

The gently caress?

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

i have to admit i wish i hadn't invested in the cider upgrade. it was just easier to drink 10 OJ and be able to cider.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

oldskool posted:

i have to admit i wish i hadn't invested in the cider upgrade. it was just easier to drink 10 OJ and be able to cider.

I definitely agree. More mileage out of the cider but way more work to manage.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Just drink all your OJ all the time and you won’t care. Theoretically it’s less efficient until your max stam is high enough but in practice you can’t use all your stam regeneration (unless you never sleep?) so I think by the time you can afford the cider upgrade you’ll get more from the daily reset stam anyway.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

susan b buffering posted:

I threw together a fishing script that you can paste into your browser console. Only works with mealworms for now. The autoFish function takes minIntervalMs and maxIntervalMs parameters which determine how long after a fish is caught before it will start fishing again. I suggest setting these parameters to a lower value than what I have in the script below.

JavaScript code:
  min = Math.ceil(min);
  max = Math.floor(max);
}

function getBait(){
}

let delay = 100
		btn.click();
	}
}

autoFish(5000, 6000);
Fishing is actually pretty much entirely client-side, so you could just call the API and tell it you caught a fish, but there are other network calls associated with fishing so it seemed less risky to just do the dumb thing and simulate a click in javascript :v:

Confirmed, this works. Thank you.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Not entirely sure where to go from here besides just slowly up? Been making Sturdy Swords when I have the mats, and Fancy Pipes otherwise.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Fancy pipes/sturdy shields are the way until you get access to coal via exploring, at which point you’ll add lanterns. In the mean time work on filling up your orchard and vineyard until you get your inventory cap of each of the four fruit each day. At some point after you get more cash from lanterns, you’ll progress far enough in the quests to access Large Island, at which point you basically switch back to exploring only in the forest and crafting nets/large nets exclusively for cash. Spare cash in this stage can go to continued tree planting, followed by the 100m and 1b critical storehouse/farm row upgrades, and some key pets. After that you’ll get access to Whispering Creek and will stop dumping exploration into forest for a while as you work on trying your damndest to get more raptor eggs. That’s where I’m at-I’m not sure what’s next, but this has been my progression up to 90/99/95/80 or so.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
i just blew threw like a shitload of the Parts Unknown quests and i think I'm in the corn jail part of it but luckily i saw it coming and had 250 corn already saved as well as 2 RS11

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Day 20 update: unlocked Pirate Cove and started A Towering Investment.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?

Arcturas posted:

Wow that 1 billion farming row upgrade gives a fair bit of XP. Just went from farming 84 to farming 97 with a button press.

Same!! It's amazing. Exploring still not at 85 though. I'm getting close to that green dragon...

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
The fishing script works great!

I churned through all my large nets (150) and I now have a level 6 green dragon!

Red dragon is for my next 2 M.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Day 20 update: unlocked Pirate Cove and started A Towering Investment.

Jesus, I’ve been playing since January and don’t have Pirate Cove unlocked yet because of the manual fishing requirement.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Atoramos just starting this game. Where should I spend my early gold?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Referee posted:

Jesus, I’ve been playing since January and don’t have Pirate Cove unlocked yet because of the manual fishing requirement.

How many Mealworms do you get an hour? The gold fish for Pirate Cove really shouldn’t take all that long with a healthy supply of Mealworms.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Klungar posted:

How many Mealworms do you get an hour? The gold fish for Pirate Cove really shouldn’t take all that long with a healthy supply of Mealworms.

It’s more that I am developing carpal tunnel (really) and can’t do the manual fishing for a long time straight so I typically just don’t. I might try out that script but never done anything like that and really don’t want my account banned :(

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
This weekend has been great for knocking out a bunch of $1B necessities. Already had the storehouse, but I got the farm row, topped off orchard/sawmill/hayfield/quarry, and got several pets to 6 including getting and leveling the green dragon when I popped 85 explore.

But I still don't have Pirate Cove though...

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

1,200 manual fishing attempts, only got 28 gold fish.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

obi_ant posted:

1,200 manual fishing attempts, only got 28 gold fish.

Gold fliers are for some weird reason much less common than other gold fish; that rate is about right for fliers.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

My mealworms at at 250/hr, and I’m hard pressed to suggest anything lower than that by the time you get to Pirate’s Cove/A Towering Investment time.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Kalman posted:

Gold fliers are for some weird reason much less common than other gold fish; that rate is about right for fliers.

It's kinda amazing that you were able to tell it was Gold Fliers.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

None of the other golden fish are even remotely as rare.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

obi_ant posted:

It's kinda amazing that you were able to tell it was Gold Fliers.

I was going to say that looks about the exact rate I was getting for when I was catching gold fliers for Pirate cove

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
We all bear the same scars

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I'm halfway towards the fishing fanatic 3 merit badge, so at least gold fish are abundant.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Drank every last drop of juice/cider/raw apples and hit 99 exploring with like 12 billion silver, aside from capybara what pets should I get to L6?

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Talking of pets what’s the deal, with the onion? That and the penguin are the only ones I don’t have but I’m not sure if it’s worth having. Thoughts?

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
I like the onion but I only bought it after I’d got the storehouse and farm 10b rows and spent billions more on other stuff. Then I had silver building up and thought why not complete the pet stop.

I think the megaseeds are a value add that may make it a little more desirable. For this event I’ve been able to grow 40 megabeet seeds per grape juice for the last two days. I’ve also grown/growing megasunflower seeds over night (14 hours). It’s pretty good silver.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Is there anything useful to do with ancient coins other than the wednesday shop? I capped my inventory and still have a couple full days of chores and such that will be getting voided.

e: just noticed I can get extra wheel spins which isnt the worst

Salvor_Hardin fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Jul 4, 2022

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Is there anything useful to do with ancient coins other than the wednesday shop? I capped my inventory and still have a couple full days of chores and such that will be getting voided.

e: just noticed I can get extra wheel spins which isnt the worst

More vaults and tossing into the well also.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

rafikki posted:

More vaults and tossing into the well also.

Extra tosses in the well are gold, unfortunately.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Extra tosses in the well are gold, unfortunately.

You can toss the coins into the well to get some rare things like orange geckos

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004

susan b buffering posted:

JavaScript code:
  min = Math.ceil(min);
  max = Math.floor(max);
}

function getBait(){
}

let delay = 100
		btn.click();
	}
}

autoFish(5000, 6000);

Hey, this fishing code is great, thank you!

Edit:

Question for you folks - should I go hog wild with exploring and crafting before the current event ends? I have a lot of apple ciders and orange juices I could use to craft a pile of crossbows and fishing nets.

Vasler fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jul 4, 2022

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

rafikki posted:

You can toss the coins into the well to get some rare things like orange geckos

Since the Macaw was added, they aren't even very useful for that. Crab Claw covers Sea Dragon/Frog/Gecko very well. They are basically Borgen (Shop or Wheel) or vaults these days.

Vasler posted:

Hey, this fishing code is great, thank you!

Edit:

Question for you folks - should I go hog wild with exploring and crafting before the current event ends? I have a lot of apple ciders and orange juices I could use to craft a pile of crossbows and fishing nets.

If it's just for money, probably. The 20% bonus on top of other perks is pretty good. The challenge as always is the imbalance in resources. You'll always be voiding a lot of wood/oak because of twine, mushrooms, and steel/wire being slower to acquire.

If you still need exploring experience, the 20% can be nice but the hills is still so loving big unless you want to dump massive amounts of OJs.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jul 4, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Lone Goat posted:

Drank every last drop of juice/cider/raw apples and hit 99 exploring with like 12 billion silver, aside from capybara what pets should I get to L6?

Bear and Blue Dragon are both prime picks.