Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/Cermrnl/status/1543954963163783169

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
The two checks the game puts in to see if you know how to play the game are the first eye of the storm and the electro hypostasis in the world check dungeon.

In the official GI discord, the amoutn of tears on both from elementary school students who play exclusively on mobile is immense.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Asian Server players have so much more chill fun on social media on average and it's always good to see the weird creative poo poo they come out with. I won't lie and say I'm not slightly jealous of their communities and the realization that they don't need endless drama in order to have a reason to post on a platform such as even twitter.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Did you miss that time someone tried to stab the CEO or whoever?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the classic "i can't read what they're saying so it must be wonderful there"

like CN community had a ring of players trying to fabricate male character leaks to troll female players, there is not going to be a meaningful difference

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Kale posted:

Asian Server players have so much more chill fun on social media on average and it's always good to see the weird creative poo poo they come out with. I won't lie and say I'm not slightly jealous of their communities and the realization that they don't need endless drama in order to have a reason to post on a platform such as even twitter.

I don't know where you're constantly seeing all this bad stuff, but maybe you just need to follow different people on Twitter or something. At least every other post you make is about toxic community people. At this point you should just stop reading whoever these people are that constantly have such bad vibes.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ytlaya posted:

I don't know where you're constantly seeing all this bad stuff, but maybe you just need to follow different people on Twitter or something. At least every other post you make is about toxic community people. At this point you should just stop reading whoever these people are that constantly have such bad vibes.

It's pretty much this. I don't even see it because I don't click every single post/thread. When a discussion is going toxic, you can just stop reading. Reddit even gives you a button to minimize a post chain.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i sometimes find a pleasure in reading the fits people get into but i only inflict it on one of my discord servers (oops haha) rather than here

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

Either that or post it here instead of relaying it second-hand all the time.

It's a game with- according to activeplayer.io- about 9 million players. Inevitably people are going to be complaining about things in the game, that's what happens as more people get involved

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

RareAcumen posted:

Either that or post it here instead of relaying it second-hand all the time.

It's a game with- according to activeplayer.io- about 9 million players. Inevitably people are going to be complaining about things in the game, that's what happens as more people get involved

I have no idea how this site gets its data. Less active players than Overwatch, but more than Fortnite? I dunno about that.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

I think thats just honkai CN playerbase problem and I don't think it spills out on any of their other games. In honkai they have a whale incel problem that throws a fit every time mihoyo tries to put a man in that game or walk back on excessive sleaze. I don't know why it got so bad there, maybe because there are far more whales in that game but I can only guess.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

honkai CN playerbase had a blowup like 2 weeks ago about a survey question hinting at adding male characters and they had to issue an apology (with primogems!) lol.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Radical posted:

honkai CN playerbase had a blowup like 2 weeks ago about a survey question hinting at adding male characters and they had to issue an apology (with primogems!) lol.

:stare:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

waifus only

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

lets put honkai players and love live fans in a room together and see who comes out afterwards :v:

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I knew the fischl+sucrose combo was powerful but I didn't think they could smoke all four ruin guards on the beach before they started spinning :stare:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

padijun posted:

I knew the fischl+sucrose combo was powerful but I didn't think they could smoke all four ruin guards on the beach before they started spinning :stare:

Hydro is the last component of taser teams. I really want to know how the triple reactions work to see if there might be room for a dendro driver taser team.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

gandlethorpe posted:

Specifically this was over a horny bunny suit jpeg of one of the characters which was only released overseas and not in China. (I think due to censorship laws.) Not a skin or anything, just an event

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Specifically this was over a horny bunny suit jpeg of one of the characters which was only released overseas and not in China. (I think due to censorship laws.) Not a skin or anything, just an event

It wasn't even that much. There was no costume to get, they just had them wearing it in a music video for the anniversary or something

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8wIZAKMWDI

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
if the world was a cooler place, the angry chinese incels would have been radicalized into stabbing the government instead of the videogame

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Hydro is the last component of taser teams. I really want to know how the triple reactions work to see if there might be room for a dendro driver taser team.

Seems like it might be a long while before we see a Dendro Catalyst (so far only prospect is Kusanali, and if she follows the trends of the other archons it'll be a number of patches before she ever gets released) but it'd be fun to have new version of taser action.

That said we might not even need the triple reactions for a good dendro taser. We'll have to see how they scale but Overgrow + Intensify might combine really well. Maybe go full crazy and build EM Fischl to really scale the Intensify bonus.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i don't see why it would need to be a catalyst, though Yaoyao and Baizhu have generally been rumored to both be. only have to wait until like 3.4 for that!

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
Sad lonely boners have ruined so much that is good in this world

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Doesn't have to be a catalyst for a taser team, it's just the most convenient.

We've gotten a metric fuckload of leaks and absolutely nothing on either Yaoyao or Baizhu, so I'd wager they are quite a ways off. 3.4 might not be outside the realm of possibility though.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
I am absolutely sure that Baizhu and Yaoyao are gonna be the lantern rite characters for next year. New 5 star and new choosable 4 star. I can feel it in my heart.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Meanwhile, new moonstadt characters in a ditch

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007
Was this the faked leak guy because lol

https://twitter.com/WenLumi/status/1418483699381899264

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tae posted:

Meanwhile, new moonstadt characters in a ditch

Can't wait to play as Ella Musk's landlord big sister

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

no, i'm not sure where that ugly model came from and the fake leak stuff was exposed more recently.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact_Leaks/comments/u502zc/fake_leaker_list_made_by_wfp_be_wary_of_these/

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

That dude looks overdesigned as hell, even by Genshin standards.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Like he got in a fight that broke 70% of his WOW armor

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Hydro is the last component of taser teams.

I've been a fan of tasers since kokomi and raiden were released, but I never used sucrose because none of the healers felt right or were redundant/worse triggers, and fischl I wrote off as obsolete compared to raiden (lol)

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

while it makes sense he'd be on the banner with kaz i am a little bummed Heizou wasn't on yoimiya's rerun because i would've been more tempted to throw a pull or two to try and get him since if i accidentally pulled her i wouldn't be that upset (since I have Yelan and already have Kaz), now I have to decide if I want to just save for dendro altogether or actively go for her :v:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

much better to get a constellation on Kazuha than any number of Klee/Yoimiya copies. would absolutely be skipping Heizou if he didn't have this banner

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
I don't know how everyone stockpiles wishes, every time I collect 10 I start sweating, even if I don't want what's on the banners. Like now. Don't want anything, and I'm absolutely going to spend these wishes

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

The Finn posted:

I don't know how everyone stockpiles wishes, every time I collect 10 I start sweating, even if I don't want what's on the banners. Like now. Don't want anything, and I'm absolutely going to spend these wishes
My secret is not converting the primogems, starglitter, or whatever else into wishes until the last possible second. Added bonus: I have an increasingly-large number I can periodically divide by 160 and go "wow, that'll be nice!"

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The Finn posted:

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

My secret is not converting the primogems, starglitter, or whatever else into wishes until the last possible second. Added bonus: I have an increasingly-large number I can periodically divide by 160 and go "wow, that'll be nice!"

I also do this because I'm stupid clumsy and keep dropping my controller. I don't want to have it slip out of my hands when I'm on the wish screen and accidentally do a ten pull.

That and just being able to clear all of the content aside from Azdaha and Raiden with no issues every time. In my case, I'm waiting on new characters to show up before I actually do any wishes because I want a Kokomi and Kazuha before I attempt to go for extra constellations on them. I was trying to get more 4* constellations on Itto's banner, I wasn't expecting to get two of him in the process of only getting one of her. Aside from that it's just waiting on someone you want showing up and putting all of your gems on Red and hoping the roulette lands in your favor.

Also I buy the battlepass and welkin moon every month so that extra boost helps too. :v:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

if you stop looking at primo/wish counts and don't go into the wish screen, i feel like that should really kill any thoughts of pulling when sustained long enough. also this current banner sucks so it should be easier than most to not roll on.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
My secret is that I just straight up deleted the wish tab from the circle menu lol

How many pulls do I have? Around 10, maybe more. Maybe 20? I dunno. Primo count? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
I convert my primo's to wishes once i have enough to buy 10 at a time, and just stockpile them until its time to spend them. The wish menu is also handy to remind myself when the banners are about to change or the next patch comes out.