Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Tato posted:

Games Done Quick did a speedrun of Thunder in Paradise for CD-i today. Man, Hulk Hogan gives you poo poo in that game no matter how good you do. He's no fan of the new blood

F.U.N.B.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

whos collections should i be getting in Fire Pro? any real good caw makers or just a good pack with every wrestler ever in it.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
I like whatshisname, Avenger3? Something like that. Not the best individual wrestlers, but they're fairly well balanced and he's got a lot of people.

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

I like whatshisname, Avenger3? Something like that. Not the best individual wrestlers, but they're fairly well balanced and he's got a lot of people.

And when you're talking about a game like Fire Pro it's way more important that they're balanced in relation to one another than it is that an individual edit is of a particular quality. It means everything places nicely together.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Omg I forgot I have to sort all one thousand caws now. This is hell

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Suplex Liberace posted:

Omg I forgot I have to sort all one thousand caws now. This is hell

I want to get back into Fire Pro, but this is what holds me back.

Is there a mod that makes sorting easier?

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

there used to be some sort of mod that auto-sorted them into promotions for you but i don't remember what it was since i haven't played fire pro world in years since i don't have the DLC

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Majinfoose posted:

I want to get back into Fire Pro, but this is what holds me back.

Is there a mod that makes sorting easier?

If you mean organizing wrestlers into promotions there's a big "Yes, but..."

The but is that it relies on the person making the edits to provide a script to sort them in. I think the only one who did that at some point was Avenger3. Not sure if he still does it.

The real smart thing to do is to download them in smaller batches, organize them and then subscribe to the next batch. Or just go all ocs, like me, don't gotta worry about that.

E: Windows XP background venue.

E2: Don't worry about the misaligned wrestlers.

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jul 4, 2022

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

it's kind of a bummer the Carlzilla guy who does all the mods for FirePro operates a Discord that looks like a gulag, complete with a discord manifesto that rivals the holy bible in terms of WHAT NOT TO DO EVER

it's also a very finicky modpack to play with, I wish FirePro had given even more editing functionality but we're also probably lucky the game even got made in the first place

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

My favourite thing about FPW is spending 16 hours setting up rosters and editing my downloads so I can customize them and create entrances and belts and rings and poo poo then playing for an afternoon before I move on to other things. I’m serious, I actually enjoy doing this.

Is this one of those things I should be playing on the PC?

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

DLC Inc posted:

it's kind of a bummer the Carlzilla guy who does all the mods for FirePro operates a Discord that looks like a gulag, complete with a discord manifesto that rivals the holy bible in terms of WHAT NOT TO DO EVER

it's also a very finicky modpack to play with, I wish FirePro had given even more editing functionality but we're also probably lucky the game even got made in the first place

Let me tell you about the time he threw a fit that people asked questions about using one of his mods that he provides no documentation for and instead of making it easier to use or adding a disclaimer he made it so you can only access that mod with a command line switch. Fair enough, it's his stuff he does it for free, but what a baby bitch move that required a big tantrum, apparently.

E: one time I posted a backyard wrestling gif and he wished poverty and ruin upon them because

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

it isn't a real wrestling game mod unless there is copious amounts of drama and psychosis (not the nicho kind) involved

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Sandman McMahon posted:

My favourite thing about FPW is spending 16 hours setting up rosters and editing my downloads so I can customize them and create entrances and belts and rings and poo poo then playing for an afternoon before I move on to other things. I’m serious, I actually enjoy doing this.

used to do this with bethesda games very often. it would be like a 2 day project to set up all the mods and visual upgrade dll files and other poo poo and then start playing and spend about 50% of the time meant for playing the game still looking for new mods to add in. all in all maybe add 20 hours or so to the total playtime and then uninstall everything. it's cool

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I still do that with all the fallout games. Especially when I get a new rig. I spend a couple days adding every single mod to New Vegas, getting it to work and then play it for like 40 minutes

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Same vibes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOVbAmknKUk

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Shard posted:

I still do that with all the fallout games. Especially when I get a new rig. I spend a couple days adding every single mod to New Vegas, getting it to work and then play it for like 40 minutes
is this because it crashes the second you leave doc mitchell’s house and you really can’t be bothered removing mods one by one to see what the problem is? because that happens to me a lot

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

jesus WEP posted:

is this because it crashes the second you leave doc mitchell’s house and you really can’t be bothered removing mods one by one to see what the problem is? because that happens to me a lot

No no I get it working eventually. But then I still am like eh I've played this game so many times I don't care.

Skyrim too. God that game is so shallow. It's only made worse by how big Elden Ring is while also being miles deep

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

IGgy IGsen posted:

Let me tell you about the time he threw a fit that people asked questions about using one of his mods that he provides no documentation for and instead of making it easier to use or adding a disclaimer he made it so you can only access that mod with a command line switch. Fair enough, it's his stuff he does it for free, but what a baby bitch move that required a big tantrum, apparently.

E: one time I posted a backyard wrestling gif and he wished poverty and ruin upon them because

what was the mod

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

what was the mod

it autochecked your subscriptions to see if the caws you were subscribed to were missing any required custom parts from the workshop and automatically subscribed to them if they were

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Alaois posted:

it autochecked your subscriptions to see if the caws you were subscribed to were missing any required custom parts from the workshop and automatically subscribed to them if they were

ah i could really use that one, but also i think i'm just screwed with some downloads because someone took a bunch of their moves offline so a bunch of caws are unusable since you cant even remove the custom moves from them

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Alaois posted:

No. That one is still active and was always automatic.
It's the install subscribed items mod. Mostly handy if you wanted to have non workshop wrestlers or install parts locally.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
I'm struggling a little with how much "game" there is in Pro Wrestling Sim. It feels like there's little feedback on what you do. Obviously you click together all the pieces according to worker stats, but the databases for it seem limited at the moment, at least at the lower tiers. I don't think there's even a way that new talent gets generated so the idea of signing someone new that's up and coming doesn't exist. It just feels like you book your event, do well or not, then move onto the next.

I know TEW looks like rear end but in the demo, at least, it felt like there was more going on.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1i2JJvgCLc

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Mods please change my name to Bigbang Bull Power.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Stone Punkbull 141 posted:

Mods please change my name to Bigbang Bull Power.

Your username is already perfect, though.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The fake version of Real American sounds like one of those bits where you sing the lyrics one beat too late on a song to mess with people.

leekster
Jun 20, 2013
So I just started dabbling into FPWW and I'm wondering if there are any mods I need to get. I mostly interested in running simulations. And I feel like I need a tutorial or some sort of guide to understand how to make good created wrestlers. It's a pretty daunting game at the start.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Old WWE 2k games were removed from Steam.
https://gamerant.com/2k-delisted-most-wwe-games-steam/

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I really hope Fight Forever is good because I did not enjoy 2k22 at all. My last game was 2k19 and I’m really struggling with reversals in this one with the updated controls. Some of the simplifications are fine, but the game has very few improvements since 19.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Dacap posted:

I really hope Fight Forever is good because I did not enjoy 2k22 at all. My last game was 2k19 and I’m really struggling with reversals in this one with the updated controls. Some of the simplifications are fine, but the game has very few improvements since 19.

I grabbed it on sale and I'm less bugged by the reversals than by some of the weird overcomplications: Like the whole 'press light/heavy to counter a grapple' except i can also press block to counter the move itself usually? So why add another step? And springboard moves are an absolute pain in the arse to do reliably.

Plus while I appreciate the MyRise mode being probably the right level of goofy compared to past years, I both miss their weird attempt to present a WWE-fied vision of the indies (high school gym and Korakuen Hall arenas were also very nice to have for outside that mode) and I also miss the longer form stories that tried to lead from one to another. Like my women's MyRise char did the one where you help Kross and Scarlet win the NXT title... and then instead of it going the obvious routes of them turning on you or like, you team with Scarlet to go for the women's tag belts... you get a text message saying 'bye, we're done'.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I like the goofiness of MyRise. Any game where an official mission is "happy corbin left a bad review on my podcast, go break his legs" and you get more rewards for that than winning an NXT Title tournament is ok with me.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
The newest WWE game is up on free play for xbox. Is it worth a download for a free weekend? Like are the loading times excruciating still and is it just unplayable in general?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

1glitch0 posted:

The newest WWE game is up on free play for xbox. Is it worth a download for a free weekend? Like are the loading times excruciating still and is it just unplayable in general?

2K22? I haven't played on Xbox but on PS4 the load times are fine and I haven't really had any glitches on the MyRise mode which is all I've played. For free why not? The controls are different but you can adapt.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'm gonna keep playing Elden Ring instead

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

hell yea brudda

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Playing Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 English Translation and what a game, I'm just killing people with rolling elbows.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Suplex Liberace posted:

Playing Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 English Translation and what a game, I'm just killing people with rolling elbows.

i still have the actual cartridge for that somewhere. lucked out and found it at an indie game store in Greensboro around release.

what a fantastic game.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
https://twitter.com/DrainBamager/status/1554485259927834624

First looks at Hangman, Abadon, and Yuka Sakazaki.

I am surprised that we are the two women in the game, who are not heavily used on Dynamite/Rampage at all. It gives me hope that this roster is going to be pretty all encompassing if they are including people that are rarely used.

Also, those meters with the Danger and Signature text on them give me some hope that this is done right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

Sandman McMahon posted:

YES. Fire Pro on pc with Carl's mods is the best poo poo ever. The difficulty in dealing with the mod package and the community is very much overstated. It's the same community that's been puttering around since the 90s and it's always been a pretty chill bunch. Stupid questions do/will get ignored though.

The PC mod package is pretty much required for World to even be playable as a sim in terms of quality-of-life. And even more poo poo to tinker with. Because menus really are the best part of wrestle games. Get in!

Edit: The package does all those things you want on a neat Windows menu style format. You want this if you want belt and roster stuff in a way that isn't totally rear end.

Dishwasher fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Aug 2, 2022