Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

smackfu posted:

I’m surprised they just added the Dutch Grand Prix since it seems in the same category as Spa but without the history.

I'm not entirely sure how Spa and Zandvoort are comparable, Spa is wide, fast, flowing and a long lap. Zandvoort is more like a theme park ride with limited overtaking potential.

Just last week we had to read chapter and verse of learned individuals fresh off a netflix show and a brief skim read of daniel ricciardo's wikipedia page trashing Silverstone, when it went on to give one of the best races of the season because it is suited so well for this new formula.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

it is not the tracks, but instead max, which makes the racing suck rear end

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Spa not making money is part of the appeal

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I'm surprised my spending on frikandel didn't fund the grand prix for the next two decades

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Charles Leclerc posted:

learned individuals fresh off a netflix show and a brief skim read of daniel ricciardo's wikipedia page

Having just gotten into F1, I feel personally attacked

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
Zandvoort is as exciting as Monaco but without the history and the boats.

The tramp steamers don't cut it.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
- The best part of the race was when Russell DQ'd himself and then moaned to the FIA and lost.
- Lmao Ferrari, just lmao
- Sergio Perez 2022 WDC
- Hamilton is allowed to rise to 3rd place on non-consecutive races.
- McLaren pls do the needful and just fire Dan into the sun.
- Happy that Zhou is ok
- Happy for Chilli Sainz for first win. Ferrari certainly didn't like it though and that made it even better.
- Get hosed Max
- Get hosed George
- Get hosed Dan
- Lmao Ferrari once again for good measure.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Yeh I'm not with you on the Russell thing when they let Perez come back on the back of a truck then take a regular restart, also the footage of him on top of those tyres was a very non-tory thing to do.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

a pipe smoking dog posted:

I didn't realise that Ferrari actively told Charles to stay out when the SC was announced. He really needs to copy Carlos and learn how to say no to his engineer.

Also looks like this will be last Grand Prix at Spa

But I like Spa! :ohdear:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Logistics around Spa tends to be dogshite.

So let the Zandvoort organizers do the Logistics for Spa, just call it the Dutch GP anyway and ditch Zandvoort

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The roads do get full up after the race but just chill out for a bit afterwards and leave later. We were amazingly lucky with the weather though and if I did Spa again I'd be paying for covered grandstand - just so you don't have to get to the circuit at 9am to get a good spot to sit down, and because when it pisses it down you can actually still enjoy it a bit.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Even Hitler went to Belgium. F1 is worse than Hitler??

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Even Hitler went to Belgium. F1 is worse than Hitler??

Formula 1 2022: F1 and Hitler go way back actually

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

NickRoweFillea posted:

Having just gotten into F1, I feel personally attacked

Don't worry, you'll soon be able to watch Daniel Ricciardo's very interesting and unique viewpoint on being three laps behind the actual racing action soon on Hulu.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Formula 1 2022: At least Hitler had some good ideas

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Kirios posted:

Formula 1 2022: At least Hitler had some good ideas

why the gently caress would you drag up such an ugly and painful past when we have bernie and nelson keeping the wound fresh??

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Charles Leclerc posted:

I'm not entirely sure how Spa and Zandvoort are comparable, Spa is wide, fast, flowing and a long lap. Zandvoort is more like a theme park ride with limited overtaking potential.

Just last week we had to read chapter and verse of learned individuals fresh off a netflix show and a brief skim read of daniel ricciardo's wikipedia page trashing Silverstone, when it went on to give one of the best races of the season because it is suited so well for this new formula.

Silverstone blows as has since 1991.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Cimber posted:

Zandvoort is as exciting as Monaco but without the history and the boats.

The tramp steamers don't cut it.

Alonso did a nice move on the early banked turn ~1 min. here https://youtu.be/rXhGajRFLlY

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

learnincurve posted:

Yeh I'm not with you on the Russell thing when they let Perez come back on the back of a truck then take a regular restart, also the footage of him on top of those tyres was a very non-tory thing to do.

Perez is far superior to Russel in every respect.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

MustardFacial posted:

Perez is far superior to Russel in every respect.

wrong.

teammates and employers

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
Zandvoort was surprisingly really good and I hope more tracks add in banked corners. Portugal would probably be a good candidate with all the wild elevation changes.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Charles Leclerc posted:

I'm not entirely sure how Spa and Zandvoort are comparable,
Just that both are in Europe. I assume the reason for getting rid of Spa and France is mainly because “there are too many European races.”

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

smackfu posted:

“there are too many European races.”

Cool it, Nelson

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Spa and Zandevoort should both be on the calendar (especially Spa) and they should just bin one of the tracks in the ME or the US that’s completely devoid of personality but we know they won’t.

What’s next? Suzuka?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Bahrain is a perfectly fine track so if they would at least make interesting tracks in the ME that would help.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

smackfu posted:

Just that both are in Europe. I assume the reason for getting rid of Spa and France is mainly because “there are too many European races.”

Nah, they're getting rid of them because they can't or won't pony up enough money for the privilege of hosting a race.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

NotJustANumber99 posted:

wrong.

teammates and employers

Max = Russell
Perez = Hamilton

The only two good employees at RBR are Perez and Newey.
The only two good employees at Merc are Lewis and James Allison

Zedd posted:

Bahrain is a perfectly fine track so if they would at least make interesting tracks in the ME that would help.

Bin Abu Dhabi and Saudi.
Bin Texas and Miami (and Vegas)
Bin Monaco
Bin Paul Ricard
Bring back Malaysia
Bring back Hockenheim

19 race season. Not too short, not too long. All good tracks/venues.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Hockenheim old circuit so we get loads of grenading engines

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Thanks Ants posted:

Hockenheim old circuit so we get loads of grenading engines

Is that the one that spears off into the woods for most of it? Because if so, then yes.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

DrunkPanda posted:

But I like Spa! :ohdear:

spa spa spa spa lovely spa, beautiful spa :v:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

MustardFacial posted:

Is that the one that spears off into the woods for most of it? Because if so, then yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwZ3QtX4SBo

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

While the woods section owns sadly I don't think they maintained it and its all basically forest now. The circuit is a neutered version of its former self as it stands.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The forest section is kinda like Monza. That's pretty cool.

Isometric Bacon
Jul 24, 2004

Let's get naked!
Bring back Adelaide, so people outside Australia recognise one of our cities that isn’t Melbourne or Sydney again.

Also I hear it was a pretty cool track.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

gently caress it if you're going to do that lets go all the way and have a F1 race at Mount Panorama aka the greatest circuit in the world.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Interesting to note that Fartin Bumdle's commentary was bad in exactly the same manner even back then. "Part magical mystery tour"? The gently caress is that supposed to mean? Does he even know what that phrase references? He just thinks it means a lengthy excursion?

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
Mods please remove my McLaren tag in protest at them giving OUR DAN a poo poo car and making him look poo poo

disgraceful

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Zaandvort sounds like the place Terre'Blanche would have had one of his horse parades.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

ROFLBOT posted:

Mods please remove my McLaren tag in protest at them giving OUR DAN a poo poo car and making him look poo poo

disgraceful

Mods please remove ROFLBOT’s McLaren tag on the grounds that Zak Brown and Andreas Seidl are the greatest tag team for the greatest Formula 1 team in history.

Daniel is simply too poo poo to cope with the awesome power of the McLaren MCL36.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Isometric Bacon posted:

Bring back Adelaide, so people outside Australia recognise one of our cities that isn’t Melbourne or Sydney again.

Also I hear it was a pretty cool track.

Hell yeah.