Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Regalingualius posted:

Do they still not even have a solid idea of who he is? :stare:

quote from apparent eye witness of the shooter:

:swish:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Regalingualius posted:

Do they still not even have a solid idea of who he is? :stare:

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1544037189650206723?s=21&t=WwPv4jn_vXVQvxZCbKcN2Q

They said it could be some 22 year old named Robert Crimo. Or could be someone else.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Catastrophe posted:

The land of gun care and health control.

Good lord

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Dunno man seems like things are not going well imo.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

mobby_6kl posted:

They said it could be some 22 year old named Robert Crimo. Or could be someone else.

Lol if it's the SoundCloud rapper with face tats.

Uh oh. Age, full name, and area match up...I was only half-joking, but it looks like this might actually be "Awake the Rapper". :stare:

Read After Burning fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jul 4, 2022

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Cursed cringe crapper causes Civil war

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

mobby_6kl posted:

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1544037189650206723?s=21&t=WwPv4jn_vXVQvxZCbKcN2Q

There are already some links to weird Robert Crimo's youtube videos being posted around fyi.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
lmao a dude named crimeo that does crimes? that sounds like a lovely futurama joke :swish:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Read After Burning posted:

Uh oh. Age, full name, and area match up...I was only half-joking, but it looks like this might actually be "Awake the Rapper". :stare:
Aha! Rap is the problem!

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.

This is him

frh fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jul 4, 2022

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
You know whats going to happen next year? Some copycat (or even better, the same shooter) will start shooting at the July 4th firework crowds.

Its a natural next step of shooting at the July 4th parade.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
https://twitter.com/FordFischer/status/1543869334375829507

In the police's defense, I think it was necessary to gas the handful of non-violent protesters here. They feared for their lives.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Read After Burning posted:

Is that guy famous or semi-famous? I hit the view limit on his videos but there's some crazy poo poo here. Pretty well done too.

https://robert-crimo-archive-footage-files.blogspot.com/

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Spotify today put entry of the gladiators after the obligatory stars and stripes. I had a good chuckle at that.

Also, why does everyone seem surprised we don't know the shooter's life story? He opened fire from a rooftop and then legged it. It's not like a school shooting where the gunman is committing suicide and you have a body immediately after pd enters the building several hours after the shooting starts

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Over under the shooter is a cop who cracked after his wife divorced him after years of abuse?

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
is there any actual proof of this guy being the person behind it or is this another "someone said their name so now the internet is all over them" thing that we're all going to feel very bad and/or stupid about in the next few hours/days

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.

Zamujasa posted:

is there any actual proof of this guy being the person behind it or is this another "someone said their name so now the internet is all over them" thing that we're all going to feel very bad and/or stupid about in the next few hours/days

This is him

https://heavy.com/news/robert-crimo-iii/

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

https://twitter.com/FordFischer/status/1543869334375829507

In the police's defense, I think it was necessary to gas the handful of non-violent protesters here. They feared for their lives.

It'd be a shame to have tear gas and not use it. So when are protestors going to stop showing up naked and start having gas masks?

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Zamujasa posted:

Well there are tons of video with that name and that's a lot of videos to do for that kind of prank, but yeah it's possible. It's just a late minute rename.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Can't you just take guns from the bad guys and hand them to the good guys?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Duck and Cover posted:

It'd be a shame to have tear gas and not use it. So when are protestors going to stop showing up naked and start having gas masks?

Protesters need body armor now due to rubber bullets. They should be out there with hockey gear.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
https://www.npr.org/2022/07/04/1109700508/shooting-july-fourth-parade-chicago-suburb

quote:

Officials identify the suspect in the July Fourth mass shooting in Illinois

Officials have identified the alleged gunman behind the July Fourth parade attack in Highland Park, Ill., as Robert E. Crimo III.

The 22-year-old, who goes by Bobby, is said to be driving a 2010 silver Honda Fit with Illinois plates. He is from the area and is considered armed and dangerous, said Sgt. Christopher Covelli of the Lake County Major Crime Task Force.

edit: beaten

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
the guy is known as Awake the Rapper, if you want to see him hiphop before they take down the videos

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Protesters need body armor now due to rubber bullets. They should be out there with hockey gear.

motocross

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

https://twitter.com/dril_gpt2/status/1544038763571167236?s=21&t=6ndwy6Ag1IKSVTmykHJxZg

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Zamujasa posted:

Yeah, I was kinda hesitant to post it, but once I saw the cops announced his name and age, I figured that dude and some random rapper (of the same name, age and from IL) couldn't just be a coincidence. I try to be very careful of that kinda thing, as I know it's legit ruined lives before.

Withnail posted:

the guy is known as Awake the Rapper, if you want to see him hiphop before they take down the videos

His raps sucked so bad, more like "Put Me to Sleep the Rapper!" :haw:

No really, it wasn't even rapping. Just bad singing. For some reason I assumed it would be Chicago drill, ha. Think more Lil Peep than Chief Keef.

Read After Burning fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jul 4, 2022

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Withnail posted:

Also a Call of Duty streamer (goes by Awake).

So conservatives now have a perfect combo of rap music + video games to blame.

GlobalMegaCorp
Jan 8, 2004

They better catch this guy quick. I’m afraid some nut job out there looking to drum up a kill count will probably try to find his way to a crowded fireworks show tonight

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Zamujasa posted:

He left the gun he used behind

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
lol

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
This is loving crazy.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Withnail posted:

His YouTube account is already terminated but if you search his name in quotes, the YouTube automated copyright system still has all his songs that were uploaded by a 3rd party. For now anyways.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

I'm not trying to :ohdear: but I'm genuinely scared he's going to kill more. You can't just shoot hella people at a parade, then blend in and go in hiding with some prominent face tattoo. Even the most faceblind goon person can look at someone and go "Yo that dude's eyebrow says "AWAKE"

Rad Russian posted:

Also a Call of Duty streamer (goes by Awake).

So conservatives now have a perfect combo of rap music + video games to blame.

Jack Thompson is bursting into tears with joy as we speak.

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

Hollismason posted:

This is loving crazy.

Nah man, this is just America on a Monday.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Jesus, lol

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Dehry posted:

His YouTube account is already terminated but if you search his name in quotes, the YouTube automated copyright system still has all his songs that were uploaded by a 3rd party. For now anyways.

One of them was a lovely animated thing (think a Newgrounds MS Paint deal from like 2004) music video featuring the dude's OC getting shot and killed by cops....uploaded a year or two ago.

The other one was a VERY HD (4K? I'm dumb and don't know video tech words, the video quality was very high) music video of him in an empty classroom, but nothing :stare: really happened other than some awkward dancing.

The third video wasn't a music video, it was just him POV walking around some long empty hallways, like that whole "backrooms" creepy Internet thing.

Read After Burning fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jul 5, 2022

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

selling a gun to someone who looks like this is always a good decision yeah

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
ultimate chump move not shooting any cops

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

:laffo:

I thought this was a joke for sure but nope apparently this is really how our (alleged) shooter looks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/benjerrie/status/1544097072907014145?s=21&t=YNoPU0ztCY3ywJZqJRY2qg
https://twitter.com/rothschildmd/status/1544087583742865408