Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

BonHair posted:

Can we talk about magpies stealing my loving food though? Or is that considered praxis?

direct action gets the goods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

sounds like we need to talk more about how any social movement going forward needs to be modeled on the behavior of these magpies you speak of

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
the conquest of breadcrumbs

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

is there an official bird of communism?

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the lies don't work, the lies don't work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGGTcYfrEZU&t=44s

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Note that the apparent aggression displayed above is purely defensive, and only carried out after the chicks have hatched but before they are old enough to leave the nest.

Australian magpies cooperate to remove tracking devices:
https://www.birdlife.org.au/afo/index.php/afo/article/view/2247

They also hate drone perverts:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96tdcJq72yc

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

I want to know what a cyclist did to start this war

100% somebody hosed around with a magpie nest and now everyone gets to find out

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
magpies rule, you just throw a couple unsalted peanuts to them when you walk around the neighbourhood and soon enough you'll have friends for life

got two who will run up to me and eat out of my hand, it's great. their idiot babies come along too, so i know they feel safe around me.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Cross Posting fr the Gen X thread:

learnincurve posted:

This is exactly what happened to land Brunell gifted to our town. Total shithead boomers on the council voted turn this amazing park into a golf course that “everyone can use” and then proceeded to build themselves a club house out of public funds and charge thousands a year in membership fees to use it. The real kicker is that they say the public can pay a fiver for 18 holes but you have to go in to the clubhouse to pay, and yeh, you have to be a member to walk in that door.

Occasionally some total cocksucker will say “but it’s a lovely golf course and the general public can walk along the public footpaths” and be told to go gently caress themselves by everyone else in the room.

That is some sweet, sweet Guillotine material

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Professor Shark posted:

Cross Posting fr the Gen X thread:

That is some sweet, sweet Guillotine material

A city in Quebec tried doing this on a native burial ground and ended up with an armed insurrection.

Just saying - there isn't a golf course there.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I’m trying to make friends with crows but idk how to attract any to my yard. I bought a bunch of stuff websites say they especially like (including a type of cat food) and have a 5-station stand on the way to try a variety of stuff. I even bought some bird feeder puzzles to put there so only smart birds will be able to get the food and the dumb ones will be left out

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

indigi posted:

I’m trying to make friends with crows but idk how to attract any to my yard. I bought a bunch of stuff websites say they especially like (including a type of cat food) and have a 5-station stand on the way to try a variety of stuff. I even bought some bird feeder puzzles to put there so only smart birds will be able to get the food and the dumb ones will be left out

I feed the crows here pancakes and stale cookies. Seems to work.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

there are so many squirrels and chipmunks around here that anything on the ground would be gone before a bird could get to it, and there’s a lot of sparrows and some other bullshit bird species idgaf about either. there’s crows around but they’re a lot rarer to see than other birds

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
the crows/ravens (we have both) here are aloof poo poo heads, don't want my peanuts

magpies 4 lyfe

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I have a family of crows that chills with me :twisted:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

indigi posted:

there are so many squirrels and chipmunks around here that anything on the ground would be gone before a bird could get to it, and there’s a lot of sparrows and some other bullshit bird species idgaf about either. there’s crows around but they’re a lot rarer to see than other birds

What's wrong with sparrows now :confused:

E: nevermind I was thinking of swallows.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

indigi posted:

the smart birds are going to the yard without a bunch of puzzles to solve before they can eat aging cat food

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Entorwellian posted:

I feed the crows here pancakes and stale cookies. Seems to work.

That's unsurprising, but also pretty bad for them. Birds aren't designed to eat processed foods, so it fucks up their digestion.

See also: Americans.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

blatman posted:

the smart birds are going to the yard without a bunch of puzzles to solve before they can eat aging cat food

I have peanut suet as well you smart alec

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

goon: come ye birds and answer my riddles three
crows: lol gently caress off

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Jazerus posted:

if you wanna get a crow, you oughta get a otter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2VzLVGXxfY

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

BonHair posted:

That's unsurprising, but also pretty bad for them. Birds aren't designed to eat processed foods, so it fucks up their digestion.

See also: Americans.

They're baked from scratch, if that helps any

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Jazerus posted:

crows like the puzzles cause they know squirrels and other birds can’t get the food

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

indigi posted:

crows like the puzzles cause they know squirrels and other birds can’t get the food

Also it's interesting. Crows probably get bored a lot, there's only so many beard competitions you can have

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

indigi posted:

i'm not sure that's the case for your murder of crows in particular because you posted previously that they were ignoring the puzzles

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

well to be fair it is day two of the experiment I’m just very impatient

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i hope the experiment yields results soon and would like to hear updates, i was going to try befriending the local magpies by feeding them peanuts but my wife told me she'd leave me if i became the weird bird man so i live vicariously through these sorts of stories

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
:sever:

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
something bothers me: if crows are so smart why do they still get brood parasited

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Palladium posted:

something bothers me: if crows are so smart why do they still get brood parasited

that's udder nonsense

e: wait...

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

blatman posted:

i hope the experiment yields results soon and would like to hear updates, i was going to try befriending the local magpies by feeding them peanuts but my wife told me she'd leave me if i became the weird bird man so i live vicariously through these sorts of stories

kinda hosed up that your wife hates birds. traumatized by home alone 2 or some poo poo?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

blatman posted:

If your wife is willing to leave you over something as simple as feeding peanuts to birds then you really, really should start feeding peanuts to birds.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Someone post more anti America memes on this fine 4th of July

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

feed your wife to the magpies. a blood sacrifice will cement your alliance for seven generations

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

The Demilich posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

Biplane posted:

feed your wife to the magpies. a blood sacrifice will cement your alliance for seven generations

Human generations or magpie generations? I want to know what kind of deal I'm getting.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

who needs memes anymore lol

https://twitter.com/FieryRedmond/status/1544025900173459457

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Hollandia posted:

Human generations or magpie generations? I want to know what kind of deal I'm getting.

that's the gamble that appeals to the magpies love of mischief and chance.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

The Demilich posted:

It's not a meme, but:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJKsyjD3r6I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

My 7 week old was starring at my phone so I showed it to her because we’re trying to get her to touch things and through smacking at it with her little hands she ended up playing a video about school shootings from CNN, which made me think of this thread