Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

ELTON JOHN posted:

vote green

:420:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Holy loving poo poo

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
vote psl if your state allows it. most probly don't/wont. dont vote if you dont wanna but don't vote republican you fuckin morons lmao

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

ex post facho posted:

vote psl if your state allows it. most probly don't/wont. dont vote if you dont wanna but don't vote republican you fuckin morons lmao

just leave a pumpkin spice latte on the voting machine if it’s not on the ballot

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Homeless Friend posted:

goons: voting doesn't matter, it doesn't do anything, etc

also: inordinate amount of whining, please dont vote for the orange man noooo 😭😭😭

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
PSL is Trotskyist ill pass

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they're going to win everything anyway so there's no reason to help them in even the most illusory, trivial and pathetic way.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

:stare:

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Vote Republican one election cycle so Democrats value your opinion more

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

ex post facho posted:

gently caress off idiot

Lol

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Lol what was the word???

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

ex post facho posted:

I'm gonna vote for a Dem bc I am a pain pig and I have a humiliation fetish

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011
imagine wasting your time driving to a polling location and voting lmfao

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011
ive got poo poo to do, don’t come at me with this “voting” bs

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

lmfao

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

MLSM posted:

PSL is Trotskyist ill pass
I can't remember what this means I gotta Google it.

quote:

relating to or denoting the political or economic principles of Leon Trotsky.
Those bastards!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Folks, I’m starting to think that this administration’s policies, they’re failures.

quote:

FACT SHEET: 300 Million Shots in 150 Days: The President’s COVID-⁠19 Strategy is Delivering for Americans
JUNE 18, 2021

When President Biden took office 150 days ago, more than 3,300 Americans were dying each day, more than 185,000 Americans were infected with COVID-19 cases a day, and the economy had lost millions of jobs.

Today, thanks to the President’s COVID-19 strategy, the virus is in retreat. 300 million shots have been administered in 150 days, COVID-19 cases and deaths have decreased by more than 90 percent, and the economy is experiencing the strongest rebound in decades.

This did not happen by accident. The President committed to the American people that he would confront this unprecedented challenge with the full strength and capabilities of the federal government. Each day since taking office, the President has done just that – mobilizing a whole-of-government, wartime effort to defeat COVID-19. And, he has brought all Americans, including public and private sector leaders, together and asked them to do their part.

The results are clear: America is starting to look like America again, and entering a summer of joy and freedom.

300 Million Shots in 150 Days

When President Biden took office, about 5% of adult Americans had gotten vaccinated. At the pace the U.S. was vaccinating in January, it would have taken 336 days to get to 300 million shots in arms. And, inadequate vaccine supply, vaccinators, and places to get vaccinated severely limited Americans’ access to vaccines.

Thanks to the Biden Administration’s whole-of-government effort to stand up a first-of-its-kind, best-in-class nationwide vaccination program, today, more than 175 million Americans have gotten at least one COVID-19 vaccine shot.

• 65% of adult Americans have at least one shot, and 55% of adults are fully vaccinated.
  • 87% of seniors and 74% of adults age 40 and over have at least one shot.
  • 15 states and Washington, D.C., have gotten at least 70% of adults one shot.
  • 26 states and D.C. have fully vaccinated 50% or more of adults.

Importantly, this progress on vaccinations has brought COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations and deaths down to their lowest levels since the start of the pandemic last year. It’s curbed the spread of the virus, saved tens of thousands of lives, and allowed tens of millions of Americans to get back to living their life.

This is a direct result of the Biden Administration’s whole-of-government, wartime effort that focused on:

[…]

Advancing equity. The Biden Administration has put equity at the center of every aspect of its response, including its vaccination program. More than 70% of the shots provided to community health centers through the federal program have been administered to people of color and more than 58% of the shots administered at federally-run sites have gone to people of color. More than 40% of pharmacies participating in the federal program are located in high-risk zip codes, and pharmacies have conducted over 8,100 pop-up vaccination clinics to support vaccination of essential workers and other communities disproportionately impacted by COVID-19. And, in the past month alone, people of color have accounted for 54% of nationwide vaccinations, while only making up 40% of the U.S. population.

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

do people still care enough about covid to base who they are voting for in the midterms around it? especially people who aren't already hardcore political partisans, I think they've moved on

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It’s a deteriorating material condition.

It’s not something that one moves on from.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

The whole inflation thing is a powerful point against those who would downplay material conditions in favor of culturalist approaches. People may not understand how to interpret material conditions, why they’re happening or how to change them, but they do turn out to get mad and vote differently if conditions get drastically worse. When people turn out semi or fully disabled after a few rounds of covid they’re going to be pissed

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
COVID doesn’t even have to disable you or anyone you care about.

Its effects on labor are quite enough to degrade your standard of living.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Platystemon posted:

COVID doesn’t even have to disable you or anyone you care about.

Its effects on labor are quite enough to degrade your standard of living.

nobodies bodies want to work anymore

Cassette Moodcore
May 4, 2022

this motherfucker is dumb as gently caress

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
https://twitter.com/DudleySaunders/status/1543752370965716993

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

do people still care enough about covid to base who they are voting for in the midterms around it? especially people who aren't already hardcore political partisans, I think they've moved on

I mean for folks who follow the current developments it's co-#1 with climate change.

Covid (especially long covid) will continue to negatively impact health care, economy, education, funding of disability and social security, etc.

Healthy active and dedicated professionals in (discipline) are finite in number, take time and resources to develop, and are the foundation of everything else. The "just in time" or Lean approach to health, education, and other fundamentals relies on replacements being readily available, and they simply won't.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

tbh I don't really see a way out for America, vote trump if they'll have you

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

w/r/t that one transphobic NYT op-ed: of course they're not waiting until the autumn to throw trans people under the bus lmaoooooooooo

a good thread about how liberals are normalising fascism https://twitter.com/thrasherxy/status/1543797219752558593

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Pete stans are baffling to me.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Correct, it's based on his accomplishments.

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

holy moly why did anyone cut that

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

you could assassinate him by jumping out and screaming COMMUNISM BLACKS

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i support trump over any conceivable dem candidate but not to the extent that i'd vote for him. gently caress that guy! he's terrible!

Obviously you shouldn't vote for president, it's meaningless. But this is the correct position.

Still it should be noted that from a materialist perspective Trump did more for the working class than anyone since LBJ, and, far more importantly, Trump as a destabilizing force did more to hasten the destruction of this country, weaken its position as head of the global neoliberal hegemony, and precipitate the collapse of capitalism than any of us. Simply as an accelerant to our weakening institutions he deserves if not our support at least our admiration. Not that what's coming next is going to be much better, but we can all agree it will be different!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

just all over the place. No thoughts even halfway completed.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

trump gave me money and a vaccine

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

trump tried to end the korean war and then... idk. maybe that's it

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Jesus Christ. His brain's even further gone than I thought. What the gently caress was that?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The 9/11 maple bars recipe presents a more coherent narrative than the president‘s speech.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I think this might take the top position as the funniest thing Biden has ever said. Particularly the part after the part where he babbles nonsense. I don't know what I expected, but it wasn't that. Made me laugh out loud because it just caught me completely off-guard.

THS2 posted:

it doesnt matter how you vote and talking about it like its a meaningful decision instead of the most meaningless decision you can make in all of politics is dumb

posting on cspam is more political and meaningful than voting, and that includes voting for the left candidates who will get .1%

Yeah people talk about how posting isn't politics, and they're not wrong, but it's unironically more meaningful than voting simply because, as limited as it is, it's still "communicating with other people about your political views."

1glitch0 posted:

You know, it's becoming seriously reasonable to consider voting for Trump.

So many bad things are baked in either way: death camps on the border, letting the earth and future of humanity burn, no control over corporations, no protection for abortion or anything else, not defunding the police, and on and on and on.

Trump at least sent me money and might again. He probably would stop the Ukraine bullshit. He did reasonable gun control last time. He'll be more entertaining. And because he's an petty idiot who doesn't give a poo poo he might actually accidentally do something awesome.

Stopping the Ukraine nonsense alone would probably outweigh whatever marginal differences there would be between him and a Democrat domestically.

Ytlaya has issued a correction as of 09:34 on Jul 5, 2022

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

do not, in fact, vote for Trump, because even though things were better than they are now, (a) they were still poo poo (b) Trump is still a Nazi at the front of a Nazi party

e: that said, don't vote for any Democrats again. To hell with US politics in general lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

Venomous posted:

do not, in fact, vote for Trump, because even though things were better than they are now, (a) they were still poo poo (b) Trump is still a Nazi at the front of a Nazi party

This. For fucks sake.