Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

if theyre really doomer tourists the uptick is concerning

if theyre really von neuman gizmos the uptick is concerning

if actual meatsacks like us doing recon its concerning

the other woo option being humanity is 'enlightened' enuff to see them more widely but to that i would gesture helplessly at the world lol

those daylight tic tac pics are pretty amazing, just as amazing the telling of the viewing imho

a mere object that to gaze upon it rattles everything internally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

the machine spirits are coming over to navel gaze and oversee the birth of one of theirs and we are a side show at best

munce
Oct 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/anonymoushadoww/status/1536131832185430016?s=21&t=pNmSABkd_zsQxZojDRyWzA
Triangle video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdvR0A941-g
Somewhere in the Skies | Witness Accounts: Volume Twenty | The Triangles

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sleekly posted:

a mere object that to gaze upon it rattles everything internally

can confirm :shepface:

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

TeenageArchipelago posted:

wait what is aitee?

July 18

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

or july 8th

munce
Oct 23, 2010

Sleekly posted:

if theyre really doomer tourists the uptick is concerning

if theyre really von neuman gizmos the uptick is concerning

if actual meatsacks like us doing recon its concerning

the other woo option being humanity is 'enlightened' enuff to see them more widely but to that i would gesture helplessly at the world lol

I'm not really sure there is a real increase or if it's just more attention being given or more willingness to talk. I posted it before but i like this interview from 1967 where the guy outlines the situation as exactly the same as today: loads of sightings everywhere but a general reluctance to report, and an apparent steady increase in activity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIdOaQVp1tI&t=296s

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
july ∞

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

It could be a crackhead

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Fly Molo posted:

it was big, and it's hard to describe, but somehow i felt slightly violated just looking at it. like I was looking at something that wasn't supposed to be there. it moved across the sky, at a uniform speed in a straight line, before disappearing from view.

nice pictures of a series of progressively larger planes all lined up perfectly

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

it is a blessing to witness a bird

you get a kick of awe, wonder, and unease all at once

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

munce posted:

I'm not really sure there is a real increase or if it's just more attention being given or more willingness to talk. I posted it before but i like this interview from 1967 where the guy outlines the situation as exactly the same as today: loads of sightings everywhere but a general reluctance to report, and an apparent steady increase in activity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIdOaQVp1tI&t=296s

yeah it could totally be a perception issue agreed

there may be no actual uptick
even if there is they could be here for reasons entirely unrelated to us, like a mega quake or some solar/space event we are currently unaware of

something that just struck me is that if it was about us surely some codex or dictionary exchange or some poo poo must have happened. or they like to impersonate gods and be all weird i have no fkn idea but if there more birds than usual then something stinks

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Delta-Wye posted:

nice pictures of a series of progressively larger planes all lined up perfectly

lol :yeshaha:

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

when on inter dimensional flights with radar, he would always piss on the floor and never flush his browns. he is a cretin, a bulbous headed grot with no manners. a real poo poo.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Radar and jrooti
In a tree
P-R-O-B-I-N-G

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

No one is drinking soma properly anymore so of course the communication is crackalackin

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

gonna reserve judgement on whether or not radar is "a jerkass moron" for now, but it has been on my mind

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

i give radar a pass considering the pnutties chosen vessel

his form otoh is poorly chosen. have they not seen ET or Return of the Jedi? its not hard to baby yoda humans into poo poo ffs

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

okay, inspired by Fly Molo, here's my pictures of something odd last October

i was on a car trip and noticed something white and vertically elongated in the sky, above the treeline, to my south-southwest. there were no clouds. the windshield is filthy.

me and the other passenger spent a while both trying to convince each other it was Venus, because a bright celestial object right near the ecliptic early on a late October evening -- that's Venus, that's what it does.

but it wasn't a point light source? it had a visible structure, and the appearance of depth. here's an artistic interpretation, with the approximate colour gradient, taken from a boards of canada video (dayvan cowboy).

i said, 'it looks like it's as big as the CN tower', because i guess that's a standard unit of canadian measurement, and they agreed. it was big and distant, no changes in parallax or relative position in the sky after a few minutes of observation.

but also

so maybe the light of Venus shining through some distant clouds or airplane contrails? a stratospheric balloon launched from like Oregon? :shrug:

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

You're describing something shaped like a weather balloon and behaving like a weather balloon. When UFOs are in the news, people look at the skies more often, so there'll be more misidentifications of common objects.

I'm a lot more intrigued by reports of craft that show up on radar and make impossible maneuvers than distant shapes hovering. No offense.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gravid Topiary posted:

i was on a car trip and noticed something white and vertically elongated in the sky, above the treeline, to my south-southwest. there were no clouds. the windshield is filthy.

me and the other passenger spent a while both trying to convince each other it was Venus, because a bright celestial object right near the ecliptic early on a late October evening -- that's Venus, that's what it does.

but it wasn't a point light source? it had a visible structure, and the appearance of depth. here's an artistic interpretation, with the approximate colour gradient, taken from a boards of canada video (dayvan cowboy).

i said, 'it looks like it's as big as the CN tower', because i guess that's a standard unit of canadian measurement, and they agreed. it was big and distant, no changes in parallax or relative position in the sky after a few minutes of observation.

but also

so maybe the light of Venus shining through some distant clouds or airplane contrails? a stratospheric balloon launched from like Oregon? :shrug:

neat pictures, thanks! the proportions of yours look very similar to mine- featureless, white, rounded, and maybe a 2:1 width:length ratio? very distinctive and very weird.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Tekne posted:

it is a blessing to witness a bird

you get a kick of awe, wonder, and unease all at once

drat it where’s my bird

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

LHC gonna smash us to freedom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06kFq1QF5-s

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

wait what is aitee?

Check it out

https://www.reddit.com/r/Throawaylien/comments/nn4usq/resources_and_links/

EDIT for the rest of the thread, check it out lol

https://www.redbubble.com/i/t-shirt...75968.6N0CH.XYZ

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

8 or 18 because radar has a mental lisp

aitee was fun

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

💥💥💥💥Collisions start at any moment 💥💥💥💥

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

Gravid Topiary posted:

but also

If your artistic interpretation is true to what you saw, that's definitely a weather balloon. A lot of them are a teardrop shape with those same proportions and they're semi-transparent but still catch the light.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

💥💥💥💥Collisions start at any moment 💥💥💥💥

we have collisions

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

We are in collision mode at the lhc :buddy:

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Oh no they have a first year operator on duty I think that he's an infiltrator

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

:sickos:

giant runaway black hole, take my energy!

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Beginning discharge of LHC (large hard cock)

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

see you all at the event horizon!

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Bilirubin posted:

Pixel 7, now with FLIR mode

FLIR addons for phones get better and cheaper constantly and I continue to think about them. Whenever I go to a new phone I might do it.

No UFO activity here, though.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Foul temptress!

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Inspector Hound posted:

Beginning discharge of LHC (large hard cock)

send them ur energy

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Cabbages and Kings posted:

FLIR addons for phones get better and cheaper constantly and I continue to think about them. Whenever I go to a new phone I might do it.

No UFO activity here, though.
FLIR addons for phones. Because of course there are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014