Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Trump deserved to win the 2016 GOP primary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Four months left.

Maybe the Democrats should start passing some bills and stuff, while they are still in power? :P

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Lol people airdropping in to tell people not to vote for trump

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

papa horny michael posted:

people really still believe individual votes matter in a national election

it's one of our most insidious myths

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

WampaLord posted:

people really still believe individual votes matter in a national election

it's one of our most insidious myths

its important the democrats run up the score impotently, it helps feed into their failure myth

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Obama told me to vote he didn't say for who, you can't scold me

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

Venomous posted:

do not, in fact, vote for Trump, because even though things were better than they are now, (a) they were still poo poo (b) Trump is still a Nazi at the front of a Nazi party

e: that said, don't vote for any Democrats again. To hell with US politics in general lmao

Ok so the republicans are Nazis. What does that make the democrats? Nazi collaborators? Is it useful to make a distinction between Nazis and Nazi enabling collaborators? Do you want Trump or Biden, or his polite Nazi successor, as the face of the Nazi parties.

captainbananas posted:

This. For fucks sake.

C'mon man, what happened? You don't trust your fists any longer?

people falling for the good cop bad cop routine and using the lesser of two evils and scary republicans :qq: argument in this thread lol

some people just can't quit brunch but who can blame them

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Platystemon posted:

Trump deserved to win the 2016 GOP primary.

no, but every other candidate definitely deserved to lose. especially jeb(!).

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

papa horny michael posted:

I mean, you vote how you want, but if I were an antifascist posting on a board full of antifascists, I probably wouldn't vote for a fascist representing a fascist party, just on principle

not that principle means poo poo in TYOOL 2022, of course

e:

ted hitler hunter posted:

Ok so the republicans are Nazis. What does that make the democrats? Nazi collaborators? Is it useful to make a distinction between Nazis and Nazi enabling collaborators? Do you want Trump or Biden, or his polite Nazi successor, as the face of the Nazi parties.

yes, yes, idgaf

I want neither in power, and neither should any other communist

e2: tbh I am an idealist and I really don't have any skin in the game, so gently caress it. America will do as it pleases and I can do nothing but watch and lmao

Venomous has issued a correction as of 11:24 on Jul 5, 2022

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

ted hitler hunter posted:

Is it useful to make a distinction between Nazis and Nazi enabling collaborators? Do you want Trump or Biden, or his polite Nazi successor, as the face of the Nazi parties.

Not particularly, which is why you shouldn't advocate for people to vote for a fascist head of a fascist party OR a fascist head of a fascist-enabling party. Just don't support fascists whether you think it is in service of material accelerationism or performance art, please.

If you think promoting trump's reelection is some sort of for-the-greater-good accelerationist counter-move, congratulations: you're as smart as Hillary and the rest of the dem machine.

If you want to performatively vote then write in the James Hodgkinson / Michael Reinoehl ticket or whatever.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/owillis/status/...ingawful.com%2F

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

The Pussy Boss posted:

Four months left.

Maybe the Democrats should start passing some bills and stuff, while they are still in power? :P

https://twitter.com/JoshNBCNews/sta...ingawful.com%2F

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Lmfao at thinking the dems will do anything at all to stop the nazi takeover

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
It’s gonna be Christian fascism like handmaid’s tale not a repeat of nazi Germany my dudes. Yes there are different versions of fascism and they all suck but I do think definitions matter

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Venomous posted:

yes, yes, idgaf

I want neither in power, and neither should any other communist

e2: tbh I am an idealist and I really don't have any skin in the game, so gently caress it. America will do as it pleases and I can do nothing but watch and lmao

gently caress even is a communist anymore, you ever ask yourself that?

ah?

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
I will gladly offer my allegiance to the (neo)liberal oligarchs who hate me, spread endless war and misery around the globe for their own perverse entertainment, and have delivered declining real material conditions for 50+ years because otherwise fascism.

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
the best part is the libs will never admit theyre wrong. theyll be blaming berniebros when we start machine gunning women and children trying to cross the border

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
::serious poster wearing a backwards baseball cap walks up and sits down backwards in a chair::

Look. kid, we've had a whole lot of laughs about the futility of voting and how everything is poo poo. but it's no laughing matter that a vote for Donald Trump isn't a thing to joke about in this upcoming most important election of out lifetime.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
lmao voting

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

my one vote in fl-23 is going to determine whether or not the whole state goes to trump

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Lib and let die posted:

my one vote in fl-23 is going to determine whether or not the whole state goes to trump

thank you for your effort

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
don't vote for donald trump in the next election, unless you're doing it as part of your self-care routine.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Lib and let die posted:

dws is a pretty bad one but here in glorious mo-01 the only thing democrats are even remotely trying to do is remove cori bush rather than even pretending about the open senate seat lol

america is a bad country but fortunately that won't be the democrats' problem much longer since they only want to get destroyed in four months

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

ELTON JOHN posted:

the best part is the libs will never admit theyre wrong. theyll be blaming berniebros when we start machine gunning women and children trying to cross the border

"You voting for Jill Stein made me do this" *pulls trigger*

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Nothus posted:

Lmfao at thinking the dems will do anything at all

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
somebody: what if I voted for trump

somebody else, maybe me maybe not: *begins to shake with some intractable libishness, as an inchoate notion forms that something could be worse*

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

how do you do, fellow leftists?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Nothus posted:

"You voting for Jill Stein made me do this" *pulls trigger*

I have to follow orders to maintain the objectivity of the institution.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Excelzior posted:

how do you do, fellow leftists?

quite well thank you i love your new extremely large brooch

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

don't vote for donald trump in the next election, unless you're doing it as part of your self-care routine.

My election day plans:

1. Drink a margarita.
2. Kickboxing class.
3. Vote for Trump.

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

MLSM posted:

It’s gonna be Christian fascism like handmaid’s tale not a repeat of nazi Germany my dudes. Yes there are different versions of fascism and they all suck but I do think definitions matter

It's going to be on the imperial Japanese model.

Which is to say, it doesn't really matter for most of us posting here what flavor of fascism the ideological fascists end up doing in the internal resource-colonies they're shipped out to so that their penchant for violence is turned toward "oppressing minorities" or "picking border fights" and away from "disturbing endstage, consolidated liberalism in its coastal home".
What we're getting is the heavy hand of whatever "reliable" general or police chief said liberals select as the enforcer to keep their enclaves safe from radicals of all stripes, that gets heavier and heavier as the fash pick more fights which all have to be backed to the hilt by the central authorities to ex post facto establish that whatever CBP, or the Kansas City PD, or the CIA post in Kyiv, or so on did was actually national policy and completely normal and under no circumstances should be seen as weakness in the chain of command which might mark an actual break that the fash might win.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

are more people actually noticing the ratchet effect?

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

hobbesmaster posted:

are more people actually noticing the ratchet effect?

2017-2020 should have taught you that even if they do, it immediately and fully washes away every other november

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

the power move is to tell people you are voting for trump, then on election day lie to your employer that you have to go vote, and if they let you leave go take a really long lunch instead

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

if you vote for trump I'm going to call you a moron

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Shear Modulus posted:

if you vote for trump I'm going to call you a moron

what if i don't vote for trump but am, separately, a moron?

E: also its moot because I've been reliably informed that actually Trump and DeSantis will cancel each other out in the primaries and no one will run as a republican and so the Biden-Harris Administration will soar from strength to strength.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Shear Modulus posted:

if you vote I'm going to call you a moron

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Vote!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Strategically voting trump in a majority red state so that when my voting records and party affiliation are released by the local government through foia request I don't lose my job