Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Convex posted:

Having also worked cleaning toilets, the gents was the only time I have had to clean piss off the ceiling

On the other hand, only in the ladies toilet have I had to clean off messages written on the mirror with a used tampon. (No I don't remember the message). And yeah just poo poo piss and vomit everywhere but the toilet.

The gents did have a guy who liked to leave used colostomy bags on the floor right next to the bin tho.

This was a student centre with a pub attached, God help the people cleaning up a big inner-city Wetherspoons or whatever

E: excellent snipe, I'm so proud. 99 , a type of ice cream topped with a little chocolate flake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Once had 'this pub is poo poo' written on the wall in actual poo poo

But yeah, the ladies is consistently the worst by a long margin

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
The mess in women's toilets is due to the constant stream of 30-50 feral trans women invading the women's space every minute. They helicopter their dicks around in dominance while peeing. Also the dicks are hard because going to the toilet is sex for them. Then they sacrifice a cis women in a satanic ritual in the sink and don't even clean up after. Nobody can report them because the police are all gay now and dont want to get cancelled on twitter

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
The mechanism seems to be:
Guy pisses on the floor and seat a little bit > Next guy steps on the piss and does his thing>Repeat

Lady pisses on the seat>Next lady hovers and pisses all over the seat and floor> Next lady hovers but starts pissing and making GBS threads from about 3 feet away>Repeat, as the radius expands

Also, all genders get wankered drunk, but smaller women trying to drink the same as bigger people ending up in blackouts, headtheball behaviour, and terrible coordination

E: actually strike all that, the post above is correct ^^°

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Back in my student days, a housemate once felt nauseous before bedtime and after giving it a bit of time to wear off to no effect, decided to just make herself sick because then at least she wouldn't have to worry about being sick in the night.

She went to the bathroom, put her fingers into her mouth, vomited... and missed the toilet bowl, spewing up over the carpet tiles.

(She wasn't bulimic, just a bit stupid at times)

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

I dunno if I’m getting more sensitive with age but the almost seamless leap from “in-depth discussion of Boris Johnson’s blowjob” to “toilet disaster gender wars” has made the UKMT really challenging reading this week :gonk:

Rustybear
Nov 16, 2006
what the thunder said
yeah working in a bar taught me the women's loo's is not the 'homer simpson in the executive toilets' i'd been lead to believe but is actually a nightmare temple to effluenzia the god of bodily fluids

we once got called to a fight in the womens loos with two women rolling around on the floor in about an inch of pissvomit; took one look at it getting everywhere in their hair and just immediately noped out. stay with me until the day i die that

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Bring back hanging but just for putting carpet in bathrooms

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Angepain posted:

The mess in women's toilets is due to the constant stream of 30-50 feral trans women invading the women's space every minute. They helicopter their dicks around in dominance while peeing. Also the dicks are hard because going to the toilet is sex for them. Then they sacrifice a cis women in a satanic ritual in the sink and don't even clean up after. Nobody can report them because the police are all gay now and dont want to get cancelled on twitter

This is art.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

They had to call the plumber at work once because the ladies loo was completely hosed because someone had been flushing sanitary products. Whole building utterly reeked for a week.

Rustybear
Nov 16, 2006
what the thunder said
yeah the women's always floods faster because there's no sanitary bin so someone immediately flushes a pad etc and blocks the loos

someone would repeatedly put plastic cups into the u bend in both male and female loos also, never understood what that was about other than being the maximum possible arse to everyone around you

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Angepain posted:

Bring back hanging but just for putting carpet in bathrooms

When the thread was discussing the Tolkien quote about not being too quick to wish death on somebody, I was trying to think of a counterexample and this is it. Before moving to the UK I had never seen a carpeted bathroom and I still cannot conceive why any sane person would want one.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Just had the horrific thought of those old timey razor blade disposal tiles built into the wall, that just slowly fill the wall cavity with used razor blades because gently caress it, that's someone else's problem. Except for sanitary products.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

SixFigureSandwich posted:

When the thread was discussing the Tolkien quote about not being too quick to wish death on somebody, I was trying to think of a counterexample and this is it. Before moving to the UK I had never seen a carpeted bathroom and I still cannot conceive why any sane person would want one.

In the 90s my family moved into a house last renovated in the 70s and the bathroom had bright blue shag carpeting. Deranged.

e: basically this

Necrothatcher fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Jul 5, 2022

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts

SixFigureSandwich posted:

When I lived in Philadelphia and desperately needed to move into a new flat I once viewed one that looked great and was available at a good price. I got all excited looking around until I got to the bathroom and found that it was entirely carpeted, with large black haloes on the green carpet around toilet, shower, and sink.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Another hand up for 'ladies loos always the worst'. Like the rougher lads would do some damage, break some pipes, leave a mess as some sort of message or warning for the staff. Total amateurs compared to the :barf: at any random end of the night in the ladies.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

When me & my wife got our first house, the first thing I did (before even moving in) was rip up the bathroom carpet and replace it with vinyl.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Actually bathroom carpet is a very prudent idea because after doing a poo poo, you can drag your rear end right there in the bathroom rather than going to find the rug in the living room.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Actually bathroom carpet is a very prudent idea because after doing a poo poo, you can drag your rear end right there in the bathroom rather than going to find the rug in the living room.

I think you need your anal glands expressed.

PM me

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
I think the reason for the the women’s being worse is that it’s basically an extension of the bar itself in so far as women hang out in there for extended periods (chortle chortle). Men tend to do their business and get out again, so less time for muckspreading. That, combined with women not being able to drink as much generally (but drinking as much nonetheless) and getting sloppier, makes for a recipe for disaster.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

Jakabite posted:

I think the reason for the the women’s being worse is that it’s basically an extension of the bar itself in so far as women hang out in there for extended periods (chortle chortle). Men tend to do their business and get out again, so less time for muckspreading. That, combined with women not being able to drink as much generally (but drinking as much nonetheless) and getting sloppier, makes for a recipe for disaster.

no it's definitely the trans women and or immigrants

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Necrothatcher posted:

In the 90s my family moved into a house last renovated in the 70s and the bathroom had bright blue shag carpeting. Deranged.

that's very fancy

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

jiggerypokery posted:

no it's definitely the trans women and or immigrants

Oh and all the people who grew up getting their brains wrapped by video nastiest.

Aren't you glad they were banned now! If they hadn't all of the UK would currently be looking like the inside of the ladies toilets!!!

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Bogs chat:

I think I'm one of those rare women who is bemused by the whole seat up seat down discussion.
If a man needs a seat up, lift it up. If a woman needs a seat down, put it down. Why is it supposedly better for a man to put it up than a woman to put it down?

(This of course presupposes no-one messing on the seats).

When I had a temp job early morning cleaning the bogs in a local pub, one time someone took a dump in a urinal and fortunately for me the (male) barstaff saw it the night before and dealt with it so I wouldn't arrive at work at 630am to be confronted with it.

But yeah, on the whole, there's not a lot to choose between the average cleanliness of the Ladies v Gents bogs. Just tends to be of a slightly different nature though pee on the seats and poo poo on the back of the seat where someone's obviously exploded is common to both.

Ladies' specials: Generally smeary bloody handprints on doors and walls (when there's no bog roll in the stall and you don't have tissues in your handbag or pocket), used hygiene wear on the floor or falling out of an overpacked hygiene bin

Gents: pee all round the bog floor and oh the stench. I think men are more inclined to take a poo poo in public / work bogs than a woman.

We had this very discussion at work because all the office based employees are currently women, we have a (almost certainly rule-breaking) tiny bog with hand sink leading directly off the kitchen in our incredibly ricketty old office space, so everyone is very conscious not to perform a No. 2 unless desperate, but apparently the last guy who worked there would sit in there for up to 20 minutes having his morning movement and stenching the place out (not great when stench goes immediately to kitchen - there is an extractor fan in the bog but it was overpowered).

As to the terfy obsession with men disguised as women (ie their definition of 'trans') in the women's bogs - I don't get it at all.
(1) it presupposes you can tell if someone is trans and bearing in mind some of those lunatics declared any woman over 5ft 5in was probably a man,
(2) how on earth do they cope in environments where there is just the one bog servicing all of human kind in its many forms as in many shops, cafes, small offices, 'heritage' sites etc?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

dr_rat posted:

Oh and all the people who grew up getting their brains wrapped by video nastiest.

Aren't you glad they were banned now! If they hadn't all of the UK would currently be looking like the inside of the ladies toilets!!!

It doesn't?

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

After hearing my colleagues joke about the horrors of 'Trap 3' I do not like the idea of desegregating our loos in case the phantom shitter migrates.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

They think that when there is a little skirted stick figure on the door there is some magical forcefield that prevents y chromosones crossing the threshold

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Necrothatcher posted:

Apparently when my nan was allocated one of the brand new council houses in the 60s she was disgusted that there was a toilet indoors, right above the kitchen.

tbf it wasn't a ridiculous fear because sometimes those outhouse ones backflooded, and you don't immediately mentally account for height difference and improved s bends and so on when the topic is sewage flooding your house.

What's far more puzzling is how quickly people got over that aversion to being ankle deep in filth that you don't even want one in the house straight to whatever that is :stonk:

Angepain posted:

Failed Imagineer posted:

The mechanism seems to be:
Lady pisses on the seat>Next lady hovers and pisses all over the seat and floor> Next lady hovers but starts pissing and making GBS threads from about 3 feet away>Repeat, as the radius expands
:discourse:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Everybody should close the lid on the toilet after using it, that's what it's for, which necessitates putting the seat down.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Bogs chat:

I think I'm one of those rare women who is bemused by the whole seat up seat down discussion.
If a man needs a seat up, lift it up. If a woman needs a seat down, put it down. Why is it supposedly better for a man to put it up than a woman to put it down?

I suspect this is one reason why men don't bother raising the seat when they pee, because the apoplectic fury that befalls any man who forgets probably conditions them to just not risk it. And there is an incredibly low survival rate for any man who says "okay, so just lower it then...?" which further selects for not risking a seat raise.

E: obviously the solution is to just close the seat as Owl says, but apparently that's not an option for most people.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

That'll just lead to people putting the lid down before using it.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Tried to find that viral story of the guy who always sat on the toilet rim because he thought the seat was for women only, instead found

https://www.reddit.com/r/unpopularopinion/comments/gxx1g6/pooping_while_sitting_on_the_bare_rim_of_the/

quote:

Pooping while sitting on the bare rim of the toilet is better than pooping while sitting on the toilet sit cover.

Sharing because my friends came at me the other day for sharing that I poop while sitting on the actual rim of the toilet (I don’t put that toilet seat down and poop while sitting on it).

I’m a 25 year old man and I’ve never been taught to put the toilet seat down when I need to poop. In fact, I find the toilet seat uncomfortable; I can’t get that much cheek separation and the hole for which I have to aim my poop through is of smaller diameter. Not to mention, I live with several other guys in my home, all who place their hairy butts on that toilet seat when they poop. I ain’t adding onto that salad. I prefer to use the toilet rim instead knowing nobody poops on it. Sure, people may pee on the toilet rim accidentally during their regular bathroom trips, but I usually just do a quick wipe down with water and a wipe before pooping to ensure an optimal pooping experience.

That is all.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I cannot dispute that if you wedge your arse into the bowl to the point that it rolls aside your tissues for better ring exposure, that would indeed give better cheek separation.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Men don't raise the seat because a piss covered seat is someone else's problem, touching a seat (that might be piss'n'poo poo contaminated) is their problem.

Sitting down is actually meant to be bad for making GBS threads. Hence the cult rise of the foot stool for better bowel opening.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

OwlFancier posted:

Everybody should close the lid on the toilet after using it, that's what it's for, which necessitates putting the seat down.

Very many bogs have no lid.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

One neat trick I learnt way too late is washing your rear end in a top hat is far superior to wiping and worth the extra time commitment

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Bogs chat:

Because women can't pinch their urethra shut for a second while they adjust the seat. It's thus politer to leave the toilet ready for a woman to use in a hurry.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
That reminds me of the story about the guy who refused to wipe because touching your butt is gay.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gatekeeping/comments/iaoamq/real_men_dont_wipe_their_ass/

Unrelated to this, I've relistened to Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds again for the first time in a few years and was surprised I'd never noticed just how much of a direct satire of fascism the artilleryman's song was. Like, I'd always understood that the point of the song is how unrealistic and detatched from reality the artilleryman has become, but for some reason I'd never quite picked up on how he's laying things out pretty much exactly how a fascist would describe their idealised society. Lots of good lines, but I think the funniest is "Everything we need: banks, prisons and schools."

It's a good album.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Once again I've been tricked into thinking something has happened, only this time it's an extended discussion about the comparative amounts of piss, poo poo and vomit that get sprayed around male and female toilet cubicles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Better than video game chat, I guess.