Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Seriously, back in the day there were people posting on the forums threatening legal action on Tuesdays because they had a maintenance period. WoW and its player base have never changed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

one game falls, another rises

https://twitter.com/zachtronics/status/1544109199545708546

"superb value, only continues to grow"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Perfect!

The warning message,"THE SLAYER HAS CONTROL OF THE BFG!" is also a great moment.

I am so glad I stuck with this game after the annoying first couple of levels.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Rarity posted:

Yet they wear exactly the same outfit :thunkher:

i don't know if you noticed this, but Masked Rose is actually wearing a mask

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

gently caress I love Oblivion

God drat I love Elder Scrolls

I was watching a challenge run of Skyrim (“beat the game without using the left analog stick”) and the player did an exploit that made shouts have no cooldown and I thought, “drat now this looks like a fun game”, just zipping around and breathing fire like a true dragon

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

I was watching a challenge run of Skyrim (“beat the game without using the left analog stick”) and the player did an exploit that made shouts have no cooldown and I thought, “drat now this looks like a fun game”, just zipping around and breathing fire like a true dragon

skyrim no walking remains one of the most impressive challenge runs i've ever seen

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

That’s the one! A real treat :)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Aw. I picked up Disco Elysium but I can't run it :(

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Simply walk it

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Kerrzhe posted:

i don't know if you noticed this, but Masked Rose is actually wearing a mask

That's just what he wants you to think! Wake up sheeple!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Welcome to the Rose Ruse, in this 48 minute Youtube video I will explain

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I just fell into Last Call BBS this evening and I can already tell I'm gonna love this game (the sentimentality of it being the final Zachtronics game may weigh on this but still)

With the vaporware that is UFO50 never showing up, this is hitting that spot of "grab bag of games with similar design sensibilities" and it's really doing it for me. There's three or so of the Zachtronics-style programming/assembly line games, but they have wildly different aesthetic styles (including a 1990s Dark Seed one wtf). There's also a tile-matching game that's in-world a Japanese ROM running in an emulator so who knows if there's some secret layer to it (there's an overarching story as a kind of retrospective of this computer system and 1990s early internet stuff in this fictional world, shades of Hypnospace). There's also a Picross/Minesweeper hybrid that feels really robust just as its own puzzle game, where you reverse-engineer a dungeon layout based on specific rules. Also there are two solitaire games. Sure, one of them is just regular solitaire and the other one is the same one from Eliza (shared universe...?) but it's still two solitaires! Also a bunch of the games having fictional cracktros with jamming chiptunes owns.

I will finish painting and applying decals to this gunpla tomorrow

Edit: that was a lie

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Jul 5, 2022

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1544252018906259456?s=20&t=DuRXIwkUx0rCgZh6vL7Idg

lmao at people already bitching about censorship literally minutes after the announcement because...... [static noise] :rolleyes:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Why is the last call going to be the last zachtronics game? Is he just retiring or did something happen to him?

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Why is the last call going to be the last zachtronics game? Is he just retiring or did something happen to him?

He's retiring from games development. He started a new career as a high school computer science teacher.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Mix. posted:

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1544252018906259456?s=20&t=DuRXIwkUx0rCgZh6vL7Idg

lmao at people already bitching about censorship literally minutes after the announcement because...... [static noise] :rolleyes:

all that’s left in grasshopper’s back catalog now is shadows of the damned I think

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

The ending of Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons is bleak: In search of a cure to their father's illness the older brother gets killed by a spider-lady. The last shot of the game is the father breaking down in tears in front of his wife and son's grave while the younger brother helplessly tries to comfort him. Let alone that during the game you stopped a man from committing suicide because his wife and kids died from attack, having to navigate through a battlefield filled with giant corpses that you have to slice and dice to get through and you have a game that was a lot darker than I initially thought it would be.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

AceOfFlames posted:

He's retiring from games development. He started a new career as a high school computer science teacher.

I'm really not sure if that's more of a vertical career shift or a lateral one

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Mix. posted:

She's got vagina bones, what's the problem?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Playing Doom Eternal, Robo-Nerd Samuel Hayden just got put in charge of controlling all aspects of the Fortress of Doom and I am sure this is not going to lead to bad things down the road at all!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Oxxidation posted:

all that’s left in grasshopper’s back catalog now is shadows of the damned I think

Considering how absolutely compromised that project was by EA meddling every step of the way, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't really want to revisit that one.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

I started playing dying light last week but unknown to me I started during an event where kicks were superpowered so the zombies would go flying for yards sometimes. I only realized what was going on after the event ended.

Anyway the game was kind of slow and boring without it so I found a nexus mod that activates super kicks permanently. More games need to lean into silly stuff like that imo. Give me a superkick, let Skyrim players shout constantly, who cares! That’s why I really respected Control, if all you wanted to do was cast Throw Scenery then the designers were happy to let you do that. No little blue bar that depletes quickly and recharges slowly.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Mix. posted:

These are also the same people that were accusing the new Monkey Island of being leftist based entirely on the art style because it looks like a modern cartoon and they're still mad about Steven Universe.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

It's hilarious that they claim the leftist SJW would be the ones to censor the game when it'd be their more aligned conservative prudes who would censor the T&A they love so much.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

:qq: They gave Cammy pants!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
I played tunic. it was pretty alright. Was disappointed that one of the movement tech pieces the blink dash thing comes so late while you're in the shadow realm. I guess you can skip to get it early, but following the normal path it seems like it's designed to happen then.

The manual stuff was super cool.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

:qq: They gave Cammy pants!

Were they upset that i-no finally put a shirt on?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

ilmucche posted:

I played tunic. it was pretty alright. Was disappointed that one of the movement tech pieces the blink dash thing comes so late while you're in the shadow realm. I guess you can skip to get it early, but following the normal path it seems like it's designed to happen then.

The manual stuff was super cool.

I love the manual stuff I just wish the game hadn't pushed towards the Souls difficulty level. It would be a pretty chill Zelda explore em up, if I wasn't constantly worried about dying to everything

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
:same: except Death's Door

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Sakurazuka posted:

I love the manual stuff I just wish the game hadn't pushed towards the Souls difficulty level. It would be a pretty chill Zelda explore em up, if I wasn't constantly worried about dying to everything

I wandered into the quarry really early on through what's apparently the back route past the mountain before i knew how to turn the power on and hoo boy did it suck. I thought because the save point was dead that it was the proper entrance.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah one of the neat things in Tunic is that there's tons of open back routes into stuff, no 'the door doesn't open from this side', but due to the perspective you don't realise they're there until you hit them from the other side.

Probably great for speed running, less so if you accidentally wedge yourself into somewhere you shouldn't be.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
was lollipop chainsaw ever even a thing! did people actually play it... i only remember that it's it's one of the lowest tier violence game genres, zombie killing, and that they didn't even have a gimmick besides the character you play as wears a short skirt??

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The gimmick was the main character kept her (still living) boyfriends head with her all the time. And the chainsaw I guess. And yes people played a Suda 51 game produced by James Gunn (or was it the other way around....)

Okay maybe not that many.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/stephentotilo/status/1544362524845510660?s=20&t=f-eQZvMIoiZDVcuA9yVZ_A

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
What about Wild?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

the tell-all of this game has got to be a real hoot

it's been a while since a title like this has gone so thoroughly into the weeds for so long, and i wouldn't be shocked to learn it's been restarted again after the last big E3 trailer

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Oh, I think 100% it got rebooted again when Ancel left.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i cant wait for it to come out and be a generic ubisoft game

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/nakayuji/status/1544235117073166337?s=20&t=f-eQZvMIoiZDVcuA9yVZ_A

Oh my gosh Yuji Naka is still so salty over Balan that he unpersoned Naoto Oshima from this picture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/nakayuji/status/1544235117073166337?s=20&t=f-eQZvMIoiZDVcuA9yVZ_A

Oh my gosh Yuji Naka is still so salty over Balan that he unpersoned Naoto Oshima from this picture.

To be fair, Naka has pretty much always been a petty bitch