Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

BAE OF PIGS posted:

I just read the other day that the average car payment is now over $700 a month lmao

what the gently caress

I pay $240 and drive a new honda insight, are these people 100% financing their $70k trucks at 8% or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://twitter.com/pareene/status/1544315770699661313

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

if the CERN streams suddenly cut off i'm clocking out and going outside

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Biden or Harris are both probably beatable by desantis or trump tbh. They're loving garbage and nobody likes them except insane people. Warren is cursed, she would also lose. Buttgag probably has the "highest hopes" out of these pieces of poo poo lmao. Or some obvious sicko like newson

The dems conceive of their ideal candidate as someone who offends no one, and the republican ideal candidate offends dems and minorities

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Oglethorpe posted:

if the CERN streams suddenly cut off i'm clocking out and going outside

I get that they're serious scientists and all but... you only get one chance to cut your lifestream to a video from Event Horizon and the world could really use that right now

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/politico/status/1544325814258376704

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Here's that article from Summer 2020 about all the HENRYs who ate poo poo because they had zero wiggle room in their budgets despite making $150K+

https://www.file.io/8xkE/download/SYuhqtHW1czc

I saved it because it was so infuriating.

quote:

Alysse Hopkins earned a comfortable living in Rockland County, N.Y.,
representing clients in foreclosure cases and personal-injury lawsuits.
In a good year, the 43-year-old lawyer and her husband, Ian Boschen, 41, together brought
in about $175,000, the couple said—enough to cover the mortgage, two car leases, student
loans, credit cards and assorted costs of raising two daughters in the New York City
suburbs.
After the coronavirus halted many foreclosures and closed courts, her work dried up.
Unemployment benefits have helped, Ms. Hopkins said, but the family is running low on
savings and can’t keep up with $9,000 in monthly debt payments including mortgage
installments. “It frustrates me to not be able to earn a living,” she said. “I have a law
degree, almost 20 years of practice.”

$175K a year is about $10500 in monthly net income, charitably estimating.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud has issued a correction as of 22:28 on Jul 9, 2022

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Basebf555 posted:

You can dissect it all you want, the key thing is that Cruz is a loser and has loser stink coming off of him 24/7. When you run him in a Presidential campaign all you get is moments like the botched hand raise with Fiorina or that time he ate a booger on live t.v.

IT WAS A TONSIL STONE

Apr 7, 2003

Lynn Scott-White, 47, was furloughed from her job as a corporate travel agent at the end of March. Before the pandemic, she and her husband together earned roughly $150,000, she said.

The Denton, Texas, couple pay $4,400 a month on their mortgage, four car loans and leases, and student debt, Ms. Scott-White said. Minimum required monthly credit-card payments total about $700. The debt was manageable pre-pandemic, she said.

She deferred lease payments on her Infiniti QX60 for three months and started paying again with unemployment benefits. Her husband traded in his Ford F-150 in August for a lower-cost car and reduced his original monthly payment of $820 by about $100, and his income covers the $2,100 mortgage.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Here's that article from Summer 2020 about all the HENRYs who ate poo poo because they had zero wiggle room in their budgets despite making $150K+

https://file.io/IJY5aLB0I5X2

lol at the foreclosure lawyer putting herself in perpetual threat of being foreclosed upon

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

https://file.io/IJY5aLB0I5X2

$10500 in monthly income, $9k in monthly debt payments: "someone please help me my family is dying!"

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

titty_baby_ posted:

"At this rate an essential household purchase " lmao who deemed a new car as essential?

my very good friends at GM Finance, of course.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Lynn Scott-White, 47, was furloughed from her job as a corporate travel agent at the end of March. Before the pandemic, she and her husband together earned roughly $150,000, she said.

The Denton, Texas, couple pay $4,400 a month on their mortgage, four car loans and leases, and student debt, Ms. Scott-White said. Minimum required monthly credit-card payments total about $700. The debt was manageable pre-pandemic, she said.

She deferred lease payments on her Infiniti QX60 for three months and started paying again with unemployment benefits. Her husband traded in his Ford F-150 in August for a lower-cost car and reduced his original monthly payment of $820 by about $100, and his income covers the $2,100 mortgage.

Lmao why do they have credit card debt when they're making that much money in loving texas? They should be killed imho

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

These people with debts are loving dumb as poo poo, have you motherfuckers never heard of interest? With a few hours of effort they could have turned their money outflow into inflow. I hate them

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

who cares. post this poo poo in the doomsday economics thread

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Joe Biden convincing people he's not racist in spite of a half century in politics where he's always been racist is the greatest bamboozlement of all time.

At the 3rd democratic primary debate he was asked about the legacy of slavery and said that black mothers were bad and they needed to play white classical music instead of black saggy-pants hippity hop music.

Apr 7, 2003

neutral milf hotel posted:

Sorry that I'm taking up room where you could be posting your own tweets again

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Filthy Hans posted:

IT WAS A TONSIL STONE

Honestly the Fiorina hand raise moment was even worse. Someone post the gif

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Ron Pissantis

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
my fav PFC posting is when he shares how his neighborhood is lovely, and separately posts how his neighborhood is majority brown people

:thunk:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Those cards are definitely maxed out

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Bethamphetamine posted:

Joe Biden convincing people he's not racist in spite of a half century in politics where he's always been racist is the greatest bamboozlement of all time.

At the 3rd democratic primary debate he was asked about the legacy of slavery and said that black mothers were bad and they needed to play white classical music instead of black saggy-pants hippity hop music.

I thought he said they needed to leave the victrola on because black people don't use enough words or something

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Basebf555 posted:

Honestly the Fiorina hand raise moment was even worse. Someone post the gif

or the time he elbowed his wife in the face

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

BWM thread too please: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3878671&perpage=40&pagenumber=1&noseen=1

Apr 7, 2003

my fav PFC posting is when he shares how his neighborhood is lovely, and separately posts how his neighborhood is majority brown people

:thunk:

I'm sorry that I'm taking up room where you could be posting your own boring poo poo tweets about heathcliff cum again

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

paying the lease payments or my Infiniti with unemployment money

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
the tendency of the rate of profit to fall

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

I'm sorry that I'm taking up room where you could be posting your own boring poo poo tweets about heathcliff cum again

it's cumcat comix, friend

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Hatebag posted:

I thought he said they needed to leave the victrola on because black people don't use enough words or something

It was a stutter

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

mtg seems really mad about a mass shooting all of a sudden, wonder what that's about

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

it's cumcat comix, friend

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Heathcliff Heathcliff Noone should
cum around the neighborhood

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/pepipop/status/1544284759316172801

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

MTG go to pixel analysis school

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
you: "spend less on meats"

darius: "no"

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

Zerg Mans posted:

what the gently caress

I pay $240 and drive a new honda insight, are these people 100% financing their $70k trucks at 8% or something

I regret to inform you that your car is gay