Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol that sherr is taking bookings now at places that can't possibly pay him what he was asking initially

should have taken his own advice and shut his suckhole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Orange Carlisle posted:

lol that sherr is taking bookings now at places that can't possibly pay him what he was asking initially

should have taken his own advice and shut his suckhole

It's at a minor league ballpark so they may be paying him in additional exposure (to the elements).

Or he's even dumber than he appears to be and thinks he's wrestling at PNC Park or something in front of tens of thousands of fans.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Related question, does EC3 have any matches worth seeking out, other than the 5 star match?

The EC3/Rockstar Spud hair vs hair match is still pretty good, bolstered by a fantastic blade job by Spud.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

A Fancy Hat posted:

It's at a minor league ballpark so they may be paying him in additional exposure (to the elements).

Or he's even dumber than he appears to be and thinks he's wrestling at PNC Park or something in front of tens of thousands of fans.

And IWC is one of the longest running indies out there, it's not a fly by night place.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

well if they are a company that can pay his insane asking price they better pre-book the rant room if they're expecting a good return on that investment

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Orange Carlisle posted:

well if they are a company that can pay his insane asking price they better pre-book the rant room if they're expecting a good return on that investment

IWC has a history of booking stars, they'll be fine. They have Kingston, Penta and Johnny IWC booked the next month.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Who did they ever beat

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

if they have access to actual talent why would they book scherr

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Orange Carlisle posted:

if they have access to actual talent why would they book scherr

Why not, they have a stadium show and want to book a big name. Beats bringing in Jerry Lawler.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Does it though?

I wonder who would draw more

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

History Comes Inside! posted:

Does it though?

Better to book a big dumbass than a pervert

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Has there been any news on another show, since the Orlando thing last month?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Why not, they have a stadium show and want to book a big name. Beats bringing in Jerry Lawler.

there's roughly six hundred AEW wrestlers that have name value and no television time that could probably use the bookings

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

Does it though?

yeah, it beats booking a sex pest.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Do not even ask posted:

The only time I remember anyone on PSP having that sentiment was when he was doing backstage comedy bits with Danielson in whatever gameshow-era NXT season he was on. I can't imagine anyone (beyond IMPACT homers) thinking he had any potential when he was brought back to superindie-era NXT.

I guess I'm a TNAcolyte because I totally thought EC3 was the kind of guy Vince would push. Not that he's good, mind.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Does it though?

Jerry is quite the accomplished artist!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Well yeah obviously lawler is a piece of poo poo and in an ideal world nobody would book either sex pests or giant chud dumbasses, I was thinking from a pure business value for money perspective

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I’ve got a little CYN story. There was a local promoter who had booked a show as part of a big taco and margarita festival at the SAP Center in San Jose (home of the Sharks NHL team). Flip Gordon, EC3, and Scherr were all advertised as appearing on it.

Apparently a few weeks before the show they contacted the promoter and demanded that he change it to a CYN show, use their branding, and give them say in the booking. Of course the promoter told them no, so they pulled out and he had to scramble and get replacements. He ended up getting Lance Archer and I think John Morrison as replacements and the show went off pretty well.

They basically torpedoed a perfectly good booking because they wanted to Control Their Narrative.

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jul 5, 2022

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Pinche Rudo posted:

I’ve got a little CYN story. There was a local promoter who had booked a show as part of a big taco and margarita festival at the SAP Center in San Jose (home of the Sharks NHL team). Flip Gordon, EC3, and Scherr were all advertised as appearing on it.

Apparently a few weeks before the show they told the promoter and demanded that he change it to a CYN show, use their branding, and give them say in the booking. Of course the promoter told them no, so they pulled out and he had to scramble and get replacements. He ended up getting Lance Archer and I think John Morrison as replacements and the show went off pretty well.

They basically torpedoed a perfectly good booking because they wanted to Control Their Narrative.

Forcing a promoter to change the branding of his show sounds more like wanting to Control Other People's Narrative.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Pinche Rudo posted:

Apparently a few weeks before the show they contacted the promoter and demanded that he change it to a CYN show, use their branding, and give them say in the booking. Of course the promoter told them no, so they pulled out and he had to scramble and get replacements. He ended up getting Lance Archer and I think John Morrison as replacements and the show went off pretty well.

Archer vs Johnny Mundo sounds way more loving cool than whatever CYN was going to do with Scherr's lack of knees.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jul 5, 2022

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

MassRafTer posted:

IWC has a history of booking stars, they'll be fine. They have Kingston, Penta and Johnny IWC booked the next month.

Thanks for this because now I'll probably grab a ticket for the Eddie Kingston show.

And yeah, 2nding the fact that this is a pretty huge local indy promotion, I used to go in high school and saw a ton of big names at the time. That's part of why Scherr showing up is so perplexing to me, is he enough of a draw to pay him big money? Is there someone out there who will go to their first independent show to see the former Braun Strowman?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Orange Carlisle posted:

there's roughly six hundred AEW wrestlers that have name value and no television time that could probably use the bookings

AEW wrestlers who want bookings haven't had much trouble getting them, in fact they have two of them booked! Those who have no television time don't have the name value as a guy who was main eventing for WWE a year ago, even if he overestimated his market value.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

you'll never convince me booking adam scherr is a good idea, I don't care how many facts and how much logic you throw at me

I can post far outside of both!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Orange Carlisle posted:

you'll never convince me booking adam scherr is a good idea, I don't care how many facts and how much logic you throw at me

I can post far outside of both!

What if you made him job to marko stunt

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

braun is good when hes like flipping over the production truck or tearing the stage down with a comically large hook. Wrestling? eeehhhh

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

projecthalaxy posted:

braun is good when hes like flipping over the production truck

i read this like braun could do a flip where he jumps over a truck, i'd book him if he could do that

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Jiro posted:

Archer vs Johnny Mundo sounds way more loving cool than whatever CYN was going to do with Scherr's lack of knees.

Seriously yeah this sounds like a pretty fun match

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pinche Rudo posted:

CYN is the new GarfieldEATS. (Meaning every time people say they are dead or ask if anything is going on with it there's some wild new story that emerges)

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jul 5, 2022

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Penguin Patrol posted:

i read this like braun could do a flip where he jumps over a truck, i'd book him if he could do that

lmao

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Pinche Rudo posted:

I love when idiot bullies do idiot bully poo poo but the person they're trying to bully stands up for themselves and is much better off for it

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

MassRafTer posted:

CYN is the new GarfieldEATS. (Meaning every time people say they are dead or ask if anything is going on with it there's some wild new story that emerges)

If this results in CYN doing what the GarfieldEATS guy did and go starting an identical second business but with a different license they somehow scammed a big company into giving them it would be pretty amazing

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
CYN should become Contributions Your Community and they should all pick up garbage on the side of the road the wrestle on it

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Jiro posted:

Yeah in a big way, I'd love to see Archer live and Johnny is always entertaining, conversely you'd have to pay me to watch Flip do literally anything let alone wrestle.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

What if you made him job to marko stunt

I thought Scherr wasn't taking bookings where he jobbed.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
The Narrative is out of Control.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLil_o37HeE

Edit: CYN really is just a badly edited mid-tier indy huh?

Glass Punkbull 141 fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jul 8, 2022

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Mid tier is generous

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/AdamYearyNTWF/status/1546543345375272960

THE RANT ROOM IS COMING TO A STADIUM ARENA CONCERT VENUE BINGO HALL EMPTY ROOM NEAR YOU

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Taking bets on what percentage of those actually take place

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I dont know about the other venues but the rail club in ft worth is like 300-400 people for concerts and probably less for wrestling lmao

Also thats a rough touring grind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

projecthalaxy posted:

I dont know about the other venues but the rail club in ft worth is like 300-400 people for concerts and probably less for wrestling lmao

Also thats a rough touring grind

The Black Box in Charlotte which is semi-close to me says it holds about 1500 but was only doing 1000 for COVID-related stuff. Some how I don't think that'll be a problem with exceeding that for our boys in CYN.