Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello
lol mandatory buyback in america. i would love to see that happen. i would not love the civil war that starts the instant it's announced

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band
Buybacks are cool and good. We had one here where some idiot brought his grandfather's old world war 2 grenade to the drop off at the police station. The whole place had to be evacuated lol. So now they have a big warning with them NOT to bring any explosives to the drop off. You need to call some number to bring out the explosives experts to dispose of it.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
knives out once more for boris lol

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

the buybacks in Australia were doable because there weren’t 400 million $500-$2000 guns in the country.

idk how much the average price of those 400 million guns are but the amount of money required and government coordination required to do a buy back would be something we haven’t seen since FDR, which basically means it wouldn’t happen even if 95% of Americans fully supported it.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

there will never be a buy-back in the us because it wouldn't be enforced. they'd set up some tents and a few would get shot up and that'd be it

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

the nra has also been trying to make buybacks and other ways cities try to remove guns from circulation illegal as well

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

It's illegal in some places to digitize gun ownership databases and that's no accident

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello
i would guess 1/4-1/3 americans would die fighting the government before giving up their guns. it’s the day they’ve all been hoping for

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Most Americans are gigantic pussies and if the cops or feds showed up at their door to ask for their punisher decal ar they'd give it up instantly

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Fabricated posted:

Most Americans are gigantic pussies

see: texas elementary school shooter response

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

Fabricated posted:

Most Americans are gigantic pussies and if the cops or feds showed up at their door to ask for their punisher decal ar they'd give it up instantly

💯

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

https://www.tiktok.com/@tyler.the.eater/video/7115937247244946694

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

Not a Children posted:

It's illegal in some places to digitize gun ownership databases and that's no accident

Because the authorities are such good custodians of said data.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

tfr nutjob detected

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
cool nra chud talking point

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

the opm database got hacked and every document for every federal security clearance in the past 10 years got leaked

guess the only conclusion to draw is the government shouldnt have the power to do security clearances :smug:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

idgi, do private corporations not have data leaks?

moonshine is......
Feb 21, 2007

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Equifax_data_breach looks like private industry can't handle having data. probably should shut down private industry.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

lol yeah lemme just click on a reddit link

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
Talking points like that are always funny.

Yes the government sucks at protecting data, but in theory you should be able to hold them democratically accountable. I know that is not how that works in practice, at least in this country.

Don't see how privatizing records, or keeping them in paper forms makes anything better.

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
I'm still pissed about T-mo and Equifax. I would still be pissed if I had poo poo in the OPM leak. But neither of them were incompetent enough to publish, in public, "anonymized" information containing DOBs, DL#s, and other PII.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

moonshine is...... posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Equifax_data_breach looks like private industry can't handle having data. probably should shut down private industry.

Yeah, probably

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Sheeeesus

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
https://twitter.com/wideofthepost/status/1544377044955500545

biden blackpilling shitlib actors etc is so loving funny

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

It's incredible how he's managed to piss off every single person who should be in his natural constituency because he's too busy chasing after that mythical Good Republican

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEGohRlLrSA

Navy: we don't know what you're talking about, we haven't had any fuel leaks

Civil beat: whats this then

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
they're still dragging their feet about defueling the facility too, despite it literally poisoning a thousand people and possibly ruining the aquifer for the entire island forever. i'm glad my water bill went up because of these stupid fucks

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I get it

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

after a mass shooting at our local parade yesterday, the local zoo is in a lockdown with little additional information and all I can think is it’s another loving shooting what the absolute gently caress.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Video Nasty posted:

after a mass shooting at our local parade yesterday, the local zoo is in a lockdown with little additional information and all I can think is it’s another loving shooting what the absolute gently caress.

maybe its just all the apes are gone

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Jonny 290 posted:

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
good thing we decided to completely ignore the deadly pandemic virus so that we could open up all these public spaces, otherwise all these mass shooters would have to go door to door murdering

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

the Dolphins Dipped

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Roosevelt posted:

lol mandatory buyback in america. i would love to see that happen. i would not love the civil war that starts the instant it's announced

gun owners are pussies that love to suck off cops and the gov

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Improbable Lobster posted:

gun owners are pussies that love to suck off cops and the gov

the cops would be the ones doing the terrorism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
right wing people don't think about how their rebellion against a tyrannical government would involve shooting their beloved cops because it wouldn't, the cops would be on their side. they would be murdering liberal politicians with the aid of the police.