Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
The soccer game is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Haven't used the shop in a while and apparently I enabled 2fa a while back. I'm not great at this but my authentication code isn't working and I can't access the eshop.

I have the same Google account attached to the authenticator and eshop. I'm entering the code (time sync is fine) and it's telling me it's invalid. Is there an issue I'm not seeing here?

Edit: also tried a backup code and it won't accept that either.

Kingtheninja fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jul 5, 2022

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
I stopped playing my Switch for a while and just came back to it. I totally missed that they added folders. I never, ever thought that would happen.

Neat.

edit: I still can't individually add every single Mario platformer by name to a single folder (because some of them are grouped into single titles and in the retro console apps) but it's still really great.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jul 5, 2022

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
it's a nice feature but I wish you didn't have to go to the All Software screen + hit L to access them

3DS had this figured out pretty well I think

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

GreatGreen posted:

I stopped playing my Switch for a while and just came back to it. I totally missed that they added folders. I never, ever thought that would happen.

Neat.

edit: I still can't individually add every single Mario platformer by name to a single folder (because some of them are grouped into single titles and in the retro console apps) but it's still really great.
You should play your games instead OP.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I only need two folders: Zelda, and everything else.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the only time i used folders was on steam where i had a "Bad games i will never play again" folder collapsed

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

American McGay posted:

You should play your games instead OP.

Just play my games? Well gosh why didn't I think of that! You must be a genius. Let me just find the one I want to play... oh wait the one I'm looking for is lost in this huge random pile of games organized by Most Recently Played which means it changes literally every time I play anything which means every single time I look for a specific game it's in a different place than it was last time, so trying to find it is like looking for a needle in a goddamn haystack.

Good thing they added folders.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jul 5, 2022

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Guess who impulse bought $60 worth of games because they were on sale and probably won't get played for months, if ever!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

GreatGreen posted:

Just play my games? Well gosh why didn't I think of that! You must be a genius. Let me just find the one I want to play... oh wait the one I'm looking for is lost in this huge random pile of games organized by Most Recently Played which means it changes literally every time I play anything which means every single time I look for a specific game it's in a different place than it was last time, so trying to find it is like looking for a needle in a goddamn haystack.

Just sort them alphabetically. Hth.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

GreatGreen posted:

Wow that sucks op. I usually just click the game icon with the A button

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Guess who impulse bought $60 worth of games because they were on sale and probably won't get played for months, if ever!

This makes me feel better because I've at least put an hour and change into every game I've recently bought on the Switch (Except Stardew Valley :negative: )

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

it was me

i bought shredder's revenge despite having it via game pass because buying it for switch was cheaper than buying more xbox controllers on the off chance i ever have multiple people want to play it irl

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Oh I know this, it was me, but it was like $120 cause I also bought Ring Fit on sale at Best Buy

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Did you get anything cool though

Mr Driller looking tempting again

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Mr driller is win

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Hrist posted:

They call it Triangle Strategy, because you turn 360 degrees and get confronted by yet another person telling you all about it.

It's not that bad a game. It's just that the mechanics are a bit obtuse.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
D'oh I forgot that rampage skills in MH Rise are separate from switch skills and are basically just freebie stat boosts. You need to set them with every new weapon/ upgrade. They don't just carry over

I've been playing with slightly gimped weapons for over 30 hours lol. The game itself isn't too challenging so not surprising I didn't notice, but I'm starting to cart at least once in half of my hunts because I get sloppy etc. I'm guessing the game is only going to ramp it up from here on out

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

me

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

External Organs posted:

Did you get anything cool though

Mr Driller looking tempting again

Disco Elysium
Eastward
Hyponospace Outlaw
I Am Dead
Chicory

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Goddamnit MLB The Show 22 looks like poo poo but I can't stop playing it

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

mdemone posted:

Goddamnit MLB The Show 22 looks like poo poo but I can't stop playing it

I don't have any baseball games on my Switch, but what would be the selling point in getting it vs Super Mega Baseball 3?

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Disco Elysium
Eastward
Hyponospace Outlaw
I Am Dead
Chicory

Chicory owns good job

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Nintendo apparently made the OLED announcement youtube video private, so people are running wild with conspiracy theories.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I can't believe Nintendo is going to take back our OLEDs.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the nintendo switch OLED Pro

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

theyre recalling them to turn on the pro switch

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the nintendo switch OLED Pro

they're just gonna flip the new internal switch

they were ready to flip it before you see, but then covid happened so they just left it off

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
I just looked at the photograph I took of myself holding my new Switch OLED but in the photo my hands are empty!?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Just played some BROFORCE

Still great

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I don't have any baseball games on my Switch, but what would be the selling point in getting it vs Super Mega Baseball 3?

Disclaimer: I haven't played SMB3, only SMB2

BUT

I'm enjoying that I can slip into and out of "quick manage" mode which can sim a game slowly and within your control, in case you gotta get through a few innings and you're bored with the matchup.

This enabled me to play about 25 games in Franchise mode in just about 3 hours, while still feeling invested in it. So that worked for me.

Also obviously the licensing of MLB assets.

It does look like poo poo in a screenshot but the animation is fine and the playfeel is really good. Dynamic difficulty option is available so if you don't know how good you are, it'll meet you there.

Edit: Ohtani has 59 strikeouts through 22 games, it feels very choice to strike out a batter. Don't remember having this much fun with pitching before.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
Is there somewhere that sells the ZenGrip case only? I bought the ZenGrip last year and now I want the case so I can bring the switch and ZenGrip on trips, but it does not look like they sell the case separately on their website.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

glassyalabolas posted:

Nintendo apparently made the OLED announcement youtube video private, so people are running wild with conspiracy theories.

the switch oled was never real much like the switch pro

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I can feel my OLED fading away, just like Greg Kinnear!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I vaguely recall people saying Shantae: Half-Genie Hero was disappointing and now that I have beaten it I must say I agree. Very short and unsatisfying. Is it worth playing the alternate story modes with Risky and Bolo/Rotty/Sky? Or should I skip straight to the Seven Sirens?

Edit: there’s like seven other game modes, geez. I’ll do the Mighty Switch Force one, at least.

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jul 6, 2022

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I thought Shantae was supposed to be a kind of spiritual sequel to the latter Wonder Boy games but all the ones I've played so far have been level based

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Shantae is mostly a MegaMan and sometimes a light metroidvania

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Very short and unsatisfying.

buddy,

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The only Shantae I’ve ever played is Pirate’s Curse but I thought it was a good length and had really enjoyable gameplay, up until the final castle that somehow turned into tight instant death play forming challenges for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes is gonna take over my stupid life